Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Todd Gack said the fat slob thing. Not everything is about you.
    That’s fine. It was hard to tell, being such a veiled reference.

2. Turn Off Ads?

From a personal standpoint, our local schools are doing a great job of monitoring the kids, having established protocols, keeping the virus spread very controlled, and oh yeah, providing a good education. COVID isn’t being spread at school. What usually happens is the a parent goes to some outside of school social event and getting exposed to the virus. Then the quarantine protocols kick in.

I took lunch to my wife last week and *everyone* wears a mask and that’s saying somethings when it’s kids 4-7 years old.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

757690 (11-30-2020),M2 (11-30-2020),redhawkfish (12-01-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020),RFS62 (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Really just going to be full speed ahead until a vaccine, unless you live somewhere very liberal, and even then orders usually won't have teeth. And all along the way we'll have idiots railing against the lockdowns that don't actually exist.
    They don't exist (at least not with teeth), outside of a handful of counties in this country, most of the sheriffs aren't going to do a thing. In a small handful of states Governors or state legislatures have eaten away at the few counties who do want to put into place restrictions.

What many of the people on the "open everything" team don't realize is that without a vaccine - at least half the country isn't going to visit your business, even if it is open. If you need an example of that, just look at hollywood and the theater industry...theaters are open, no one wants to go, hollywood is delaying movies or dropping them onto their streaming platforms.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 11-30-2020 at 11:29 PM.

6. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-01-2020),M2 (11-30-2020),mth123 (12-01-2020),Redsfaithful (12-01-2020),RFS62 (12-01-2020),SteelSD (12-01-2020),WrongVerb (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I agree, people aren't afraid of it now. The wild thing is that you have people like Rojo who think the entire thing has been fear mongering and I don't think we've dialed up the fear nearly as high as it could go. We could have live feeds in emergency rooms of people being intubated - I wonder if we'd all feel ok going out to eat indoors after watching that?
    There are people out there who believe having to wear a mask, even for only a short while, is a slippery slope to a fascist dictatorship taking over, slowly but surely using it to remove every single liberty you have. Therefor they see themselves as doing our entire society a "solid" by fighting masks and anything else that may aid in fighting this disease.

IMHO, That's a problem!

8. Likes:

mole44 (12-01-2020)

Still nothing crazy in the old Covid tracker for the US. It shows us continuing to edge downward in cases and deaths. Same generial trend I'm seeing here in our local tracker (still too high but finally going the right direction) Let's hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Still nothing crazy in the old Covid tracker for the US. It shows us continuing to edge downward in cases and deaths. Same generial trend I'm seeing here in our local tracker (still too high but finally going the right direction) Let's hope it stays that way.
    Hospitalizations hit an all time high yesterday and they aren't as tied to reporting lags like cases and deaths are. Unfortunately the numbers starting today are probably going to catch up from the Thursday-Sunday holiday weekend lag.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Unfortunately the numbers starting today are probably going to catch up from the Thursday-Sunday holiday weekend lag.
    That's certainly the expectation. Still hoping it does not happen, though.

From Nate Silver Twitter:

Everybody is understandably concerned about COVID spikes caused by Thanksgiving but if you look at mobility data, there was really no increase vs. previous weeks; arguably a decrease depending on how you squint at the data, in fact. covid19.apple.com/mobility
    So maybe enough people did stay home for Thanksgiving, and we won’t see much of a spike. Fingers crossed.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

13. Likes:

Boston Red (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Hospitalizations hit an all time high yesterday and they aren't as tied to reporting lags like cases and deaths are. Unfortunately the numbers starting today are probably going to catch up from the Thursday-Sunday holiday weekend lag.
    Exactly what's happening. We're up to 2,291 deaths with some states still to roll in.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quarantines are about to go down to 7-10 days (from 14), so they may as well stick with the old policy.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...fb4900ee2027d5

Quarantines are about to go down to 7-10 days (from 14), so they may as well stick with the old policy.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...fb4900ee2027d5
    That’s what I’m hearing too. I had to delay my departure because it is difficult to get a rapid test now unless you are a health care worker or showing symptoms. I could lie I guess, but that means I would be taking a test away from someone who might really need one. And, a test to see if someone who was positive before is now negative is greatly discouraged. Instead, they assume you are negative ten days after the positive test. I guess they have enough empirical evidence now to be confident with that.

My doc set me up for a regular test on Thursday, so I’ll do that and head out Friday. I really thought we would be further ahead with testing now, but it isn’t as easy as they say on the radio.

Well, we've finally figured out why Belgium was worst in the world at spreading Covid.

https://twitter.com/webdevMason/stat...206006784?s=20

19. Likes:

westofyou (12-01-2020)

Well, we've finally figured out why Belgium was worst in the world at spreading Covid.

https://twitter.com/webdevMason/stat...206006784?s=20
    I told you they liked to party. The Germans were probably drunk, the French were holding the orgy, and the Flemish were screaming out the window shooting off fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    That’s what I’m hearing too. I had to delay my departure because it is difficult to get a rapid test now unless you are a health care worker or showing symptoms. I could lie I guess, but that means I would be taking a test away from someone who might really need one. And, a test to see if someone who was positive before is now negative is greatly discouraged. Instead, they assume you are negative ten days after the positive test. I guess they have enough empirical evidence now to be confident with that.

My doc set me up for a regular test on Thursday, so I’ll do that and head out Friday. I really thought we would be further ahead with testing now, but it isn’t as easy as they say on the radio.
    We needed a test with a result back within 72 hours (to travel to Mass.) - as long as you don't mind paying out of pocket and sending it to your insurer, travel medical places can test you with a fairly quick result - we got ours back in 36 hours.

Turn Off Ads?