Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Most kids are not in school. Most restaurants are at 25-50% capacity (and only some with indoor dining—though chain restaurants appear to be open) with limited hours. Bars are closed.
    Again, bars are not remotely closed where most of us are.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-15-2020),Kinsm (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I wrote out an entire response to some of the above, but I've deleted it. Some of you are just exhausting. It's not elitism, it's not a hoax. It's a deadly virus that isn't as deadly as it was 9 months ago because of science. But I still don't want to catch it and I miss my routine, my friends, my family and my old life.

5. Likes:

757690 (11-15-2020),Bob Sheed (11-15-2020),M2 (11-15-2020),mole44 (11-16-2020),mth123 (11-15-2020),RedsfaninMT (11-20-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is such a strawman. I’ll tell you what is not essential: bars.

This isn’t difficult.
    Neither is McDonalds or Taco Bell, but people made them essential because they don't like to cook their own food and they know there are plenty of poor people that were working under the table anyway that will continue making it for them, and people can even pretend they did a study and found out its safe for them so they can feel good about it. Besides, a bar is pretty essential to the family that has its life work and savings invested in it. Or, we can just blame them for having a terrible business plan and not having a years savings in the bank.

How about this? Send out agents from the liquor commission to shut down the places you are complaining about. They could clean this up in one night by yanking their licenses for a month. There are plenty of places doing the right thing, and shouldn't be punished because of Cleveland.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Most kids are not in school. Most restaurants are at 25-50% capacity (and only some with indoor dining—though chain restaurants appear to be open) with limited hours. Bars are closed.
    I have zero kids. I have friends with kids. Every single kid (that I know) is now in school and not learning from home.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 11-15-2020 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Neither is McDonalds or Taco Bell, but people made them essential because they don't like to cook their own food.
    Seriously? You’re still trying to push this nonsense?

Food is essential. There are tens of millions of people who can’t cook at home and need restaurants to be open.

Please stop this absurd argument that everyone needs to make all their food at home.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

9. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-15-2020)

Neither is McDonalds or Taco Bell, but people made them essential because they don't like to cook their own food and they know there are plenty of poor people that were working under the table anyway that will continue making it for them, and people can even pretend they did a study and found out its safe for them so they can feel good about it. Besides, a bar is pretty essential to the family that has its life work and savings invested in it. Or, we can just blame them for having a terrible business plan and not having a years savings in the bank.

How about this? Send out agents from the liquor commission to shut down the places you are complaining about. They could clean this up in one night by yanking their licenses for a month. There are plenty of places doing the right thing, and shouldn't be punished because of Cleveland.
    Yeah, plenty of places it’s totally fine. That’s why it’s blowing up in all 50 states and especially in rural areas. Right.

As for your other stuff: again, if we had a government that actually attempted to help people we would not have to worry about people keeping their bars open. If we are going to say “it’s just too much money!” Let’s just continue ignoring the trillions we spend on the military budget to “protect American citizens.”
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-15-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Seriously? You’re still trying to push this nonsense?

Food is essential. There are tens of millions of people who can’t cook at home and need restaurants to be open.

Please stop this absurd argument that everyone needs to make all their food at home.
    You are being absurd. There are not tens of millions of people who can't cook at home. Besides, many people who were ordering out had the full capability of making food at home if they wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, plenty of places it’s totally fine. That’s why it’s blowing up in all 50 states and especially in rural areas. Right.
    No, it's blowing up because of private gatherings where there are no masks or social distancing.

You are being absurd. There are not tens of millions of people who can't cook at home. Besides, many people who were ordering out had the full capability of making food at home if they wanted to.
    Between seniors, the homeless, people who live without kitchens (which is a large number is cities) there are tens of millions of people who need restaurants open.

It’s funny, you want restauarants that serve food closed, but bars open. I mean, anyone who can go to a bar, can make a drink at home. Why aren’t you screaming at them to stay home? (Answer: you don’t like eating out, but you like drinking out).
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

13. Likes:

Kinsm (11-15-2020)

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's blowing up because of private gatherings where there are no masks or social distancing.
    It’s blowing up because of everything. Again, I don’t think we are even attempting to trace cases in bars and restaurants. I know some other countries are but we simply are not.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Between seniors, the homeless, people who live without kitchens (which is a large number is cities) there are tens of millions of people who need restaurants open.

It’s funny, you want restauarants that serve food closed, but bars open. I mean, anyone who can go to a bar, can make a drink at home. Why aren’t you screaming at them to stay home? (Answer: you don’t like eating out, but you like drinking out).
    You are just making up facts, as usual.

And you don't know anything about me. I don't care about drinking out at all. You know why I even go out at all? For live music 90% of the time, and baseball or football the other times. I have literally hundreds of bottles of wine at home, but you know what I drink when I go out? A coors light, because it doesn't make me fat and it's an easy sipping beer because I honestly don't even like beer. If I do get wine, it will be in a retail place that has a patio with music, and we'll sit outside and drink a bottle.

And one other thing- I never said that I want restaurants that serve food closed. Not sure where you even got that. In fact, in Ohio, you can't even have a bar that doesn't have food too.

I think restaurants and bars should both be open, and where I live most are. They were open when our number of cases per day were miniscule, and they're open now. Perhaps the reins need to get pulled back on them a bit (more limitations on capacity as we head into the winter months and cases are spiking), but I don't think there's much cause and effect between open bars and restaurants and number of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think restaurants and bars should both be open, and where I live most are. They were open when our number of cases per day were miniscule, and they're open now. Perhaps the reins need to get pulled back on them a bit (more limitations on capacity as we head into the winter months and cases are spiking), but I don't think there's much cause and effect between open bars and restaurants and number of cases.
    Exactly, set the rules to be open and then bring the hammer down on the ones that get out of hand. The liquor license is a prized possession in Ohio at least, and it would keep businesses in line.

Neither is McDonalds or Taco Bell, but people made them essential because they don't like to cook their own food
    You're weird about restaurants.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Right now, indoor bad, takeout/delivery good. There's a finite amount of indoor gathering we can sustain at this moment. Markets and certain types of retail (e.g hardware) need to be on that list. Schools should be too. If you can get and keep your schools open without seeing community spread rise, then I'm all for expanding the list of what we can sustain. Yet that's the cart, not the horse.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You're weird about restaurants.
    Well, it's a fact that McDonalds and Taco Bell contribute to the obesity epidemic here, but I guess that's ok.

Turn Off Ads?