Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Yea, interesting year to keep up the assault on teachers.
    As a fellow teacher, I freaking love my job. Of course, I teach at a private school where I take much less pay but the trade-offs are incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s pretty frustrating. You’ll notice the same people who say things like “teachers only work 36 weeks a year!1” are the same people who think kids will be ruined by learning from home for a few months.
    Again, as someone who taught remote learning, it's awful and no one likes it. Absolutely no one. Every job has "perks."Our perks are that I don't have to be at school in June or July, Fall Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, etc. Am I there during every single one of. those breaks? Hell yeah I am! Are there teachers who only work their 185 days and call it a year? Of course. But the "Whoa is me!" attitude from teachers is awful. Try explaining to a parent who's struggling to make ends meet that you deserve more money while you're sitting by the pool in June.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 11-26-2020 at 10:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    And I think people here insisting ad nauseam that “kids are resilient” should speak to some child psychologists and counselors, fwiw.
    They are resilient. More resilient than adults. But obviously there's a threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Worst summer vacation ever.
    We see all of these articles about (____% of students failed to log-in to their accounts during remote learning.)

I would be willing to bet that there are about 25% of public school teachers who do absolutely nothing, or next to nothing during remote learning. (Which is a huge number.) April and May were the most depressing months for me as a teacher and I have no idea why anyone who ever experienced it in the first place would ever go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    As a fellow teacher, I freaking love my job. Of course, I teach at a private school where I take much less pay but the trade-offs are incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, as someone who taught remote learning, it's awful and no one likes it. Absolutely no one. Every job has "perks."Our perks are that I don't have to be at school in June or July, Fall Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, etc. Am I there during every single one of. those breaks? Hell yeah I am! Are there teachers who only work their 185 days and call it a year? Of course. But the "Whoa is me!" attitude from teachers is awful. Try explaining to a parent who's struggling to make ends meet that you deserve more money while you're sitting by the pool in June.
    Whoa is me... lol.. some teacher you must be

Has Biden commented on the awful decision from the SCOTUS to allow unlimited religious gatherings in NY? Or is he worried that will hurt his popularity among Christians? Genuine question.

Stop it with the "Whoa is me"
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We see all of these articles about (____% of students failed to log-in to their accounts during remote learning.)

I would be willing to bet that there are about 25% of public school teachers who do absolutely nothing, or next to nothing during remote learning. (Which is a huge number.) April and May were the most depressing months for me as a teacher and I have no idea why anyone who ever experienced it in the first place would ever go back.
    I think you have an incredibly poor notion of the workload of public school teachers. When I taught public school, you could count the bad teachers in the 80 teacher school on 3 fingers. This is a tired, unsupported trope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Stop it with the "Whoa is me"
    At least try “Woe is me” first.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Has Biden commented on the awful decision from the SCOTUS to allow unlimited religious gatherings in NY? Or is he worried that will hurt his popularity among Christians? Genuine question.
    Which aspects of the Constitutional analysis did you disagree with?

10. Likes:

Rojo (11-27-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This feels a little too political for this board?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe but it has direct relevance to the matter of Covid.

13. Likes:

Rojo (11-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I can tell you what I disagree with, and I don’t think this is too political, mods feel free to delete it if it is.

There is nothing in the NY rules that prohibit anyone from practicing any religion. It just limits how many people can be in a building at one time. Those who launched this lawsuit are asking for a specific exemption for religious services. There is nothing in the constitution that necessitates that exemption.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Put me on the side of allowing it. Boss has said light political discussion is fine.

The discussion is pertaining to allowing churches to be open and whether or not it is unconstitutional to shut them down, as the SCOTUS ruling said.

Jumped in within 3 minutes. Still not convinced you are not a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I can tell you what I disagree with, and I don’t think this is too political, mods feel free to delete it if it is.

There is nothing in the NY rules that prohibit anyone from practicing any religion. It just limits how many people can be in a building at one time. Those who launched this lawsuit are asking for a specific exemption for religious services. There is nothing in the constitution that necessitates that exemption.
    I agree - there should be a person or person/square foot limit and leave it at that.

However - there is some gray area on the “congregating” aspect. Critics of the ruling are right - people don’t congregate in a liquor store like they do in a church so perhaps some really thoughtful legislation is needed rather than just a “person limit.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I agree - there should be a person or person/square foot limit and leave it at that.

However - there is some gray area on the “congregating” aspect. Critics of the ruling are right - people don’t congregate in a liquor store like they do in a church so perhaps some really thoughtful legislation is needed rather than just a “person limit.”
    Good point on “congregate.”

This ruling is actually moot because the regulation is no longer in effect. It could effect future regulations, but maybe they can find a way to word them better so that the courts can’t take issue with.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?