Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    No one is saying that. It’s called disaster capitalism. When disaster strikes, move aggressively to see your preferred policy changes enacted while countervailing forces are still reeling. It’s taking advantage of an upturned status quo.
    Attachment 16744
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I don’t love Oliver Stone, but that movie contained a whole bunch of wisdom.

5. Likes:

WrongVerb (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don’t love Oliver Stone, but that movie contained a whole bunch of wisdom.
    I mean, in 2020 I see that clip and my first thought is “30 seconds? You are too late.”

7. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-22-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just got an update, via my mother, via facebook from my cousin. My uncle, who has been in a facility for over a year, has been admitted to the hospital with covid, pneumonia (not sure if it's from covid, or if from something else), and he's struggling to breathe. My cousin also apparently said that the facility itself had an outbreak. It's in Ohio, but I do not know which one it is.

Nightly reminder that if you aren't paying small businesses and their employees you're stealing their money and giving it to big biz with lockdowns. Wal-Mart and Amazon are killing it. Maybe that was the idea all along.
    My post was clearly about lockdowns. That's not the same thing as the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    My post was clearly about lockdowns. That's not the same thing as the virus?
    this was to RedTeamGo implying my post on lockdowns was blaming Amazon and Wal-Mart for the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    this was to RedTeamGo implying my post on lockdowns was blaming Amazon and Wal-Mart for the pandemic.
    You’re just blaming them for the “lockdowns” in response to the pandemic and pushing the media and world governments to respond to it in a serious way and to lie to the world about how serious it is. Got it.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-22-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Ugh, my mom, dad and multiple elderly relatives have COVID 19. This has a chance of ending very badly, as none of them are particularly healthy. Mask up my brothers and sisters, for the good of others. Please.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Ugh, my mom, dad and multiple elderly relatives have COVID 19. This has a chance of ending very badly, as none of them are particularly healthy. Mask up my brothers and sisters, for the good of others. Please.
    Hoping for the best SD.

14. Likes:

757690 (11-22-2020),Bob Sheed (11-22-2020),goreds2 (11-23-2020),M2 (11-23-2020),marcshoe (11-23-2020),Redsfaithful (11-23-2020),RedsfaninMT (11-24-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-22-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020),Roy Tucker (11-22-2020),SteelSD (11-22-2020),westofyou (11-22-2020)

My thoughts are with you and your family, SunDeck.

16. Likes:

757690 (11-22-2020),Revering4Blue (11-23-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020),Roy Tucker (11-22-2020)

Damn.

Light and love coming your way SD.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-23-2020),Roy Tucker (11-22-2020)

More good news on the vaccine front. This one is cheaper and easier to deliver, a good option for developing countries.

https://apnews.com/article/astrazene...5a1edc002ff028

Drugmaker AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective, buoying the prospects of a relatively cheap, easy-to-store product that may become the vaccine of choice for the developing world.

The results are based on an interim analysis of trials in the U.K. and Brazil of a vaccine developed by Oxford University and manufactured by AstraZeneca. No hospitalizations or severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in those receiving the vaccine.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in one of the dosing regimens tested; it was less effective in another.

While the AstraZeneca vaccine can be stored at 2 degrees to 8 degrees Celsius (36 degrees to 46 degrees Fahrenheit), the Pfizer and Moderna products must be stored at temperatures approaching minus-70 degrees Celsius (minus-94 Fahrenheit).

The AstraZeneca vaccine is also cheaper.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Just talked with two different friends in Cincinnati who haven't seen each other in a few weeks. Both of them are awaiting their test results and are both basically bed ridden. One described it as "feeling like I just completed an iron man with a hint of fogginess". The other felt fine this morning while working out in his barn, then said "it hit me like a ton of bricks and the body aches are unreal right now".

Stay home if you can.

Fauci just said:

The U.S. government nor do the drug companies make the decision on whether a vaccine is safe enough to give to the public, but it is a completely independent panel of lifetime scientists who make this decision.

That if all goes right, 40 million vaccines will be available for 20 million people and will get into their arms in December.

That increases in production and distribution will allow the most vulnerable and necessary (workers involved with COVID patients and the vulnerable) people to have the vaccine in their arms by March.

That the general population would have the vaccine in their arms by April/May.

If all goes right.

He said this today before the transition was announced.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If I have my 2nd shot by the end of July, I'll consider that a great success for our vaccine makers.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?