Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

So if it has to be stored at -90, then what happens to it when its injected into 98?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So if it has to be stored at -90, then what happens to it when its injected into 98?
    It comes to room temperature before it’s administered

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It comes to room temperature before it’s administered
    That’s what she said.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Go to a phone store
    No thank you. I'll go into a store again when it's a bit safer for me. A phone doesn't fall onto the right spot on the risk/reward scale.

Things aren't going well in the Dakotas.....

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coron...n-stay-at-work

North Dakota's hospitals have reached their limit, and the coming weeks could push them past their capabilities, Gov. Doug Burgum said at a news conference on Monday, Nov. 9.

Due to a major shortage of health care staffing, the state's hospitals have a severe lack of available beds. Rising COVID-19 hospitalizations and high noncoronavirus admissions, some resulting from residents who deferred health care earlier in the pandemic, have caused the crunch on medical centers.

Burgum said hospitals are implementing their "surge" plans, and some will be voluntarily stopping elective surgeries to free up staff. He added that the state will coordinate with hospitals to move nurses to medical centers in most dire need of staff.

In an attempt to alleviate some of the staffing concerns, Burgum announced that interim State Health Officer Dirk Wilke has amended an order that will allow health care workers with asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 to continue working in COVID-19 units at hospitals and nursing homes.

From Steven Dennis of Bloomberg: https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis

About 1 out of every 1,500 people in South Dakota is in the hospital *right now* w/COVID

About 1 out of every 54 people in South Dakota is considered an active COVID case *right now*

The number of COVID patients in South Dakota hospital beds has increased by *51%* since the day before the election — 8 days ago!

Go to a phone store
    I understand Doug's trepidation, but overall, I agree that you can go to a phone store. What you can't do is go to a party with friends or host your teenage kids' unofficial homecoming dance. And I think that's the crux of the problem - what isn't very dangerous is what we are overregulating while there's not much that can be done about what is really driving the spike, short of a police state.

Then how is it effective if it has to be at -90 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No thank you. I'll go into a store again when it's a bit safer for me. A phone doesn't fall onto the right spot on the risk/reward scale.
    I get it, but if you wear an N95 mask you’re fine. But it’s your life and whatnot. I get it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Then how is it effective if it has to be at -90 degrees?
    Just some quick googling shows that vaccines are typically stored and transported at low temperatures. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    From what I have read, and I may be misunderstanding, you only need to vaccinate 10% of the population to eliminate a lot of the mortality risk, so while widespread vaccination is still a long way off, getting to that point would be big. Certain limited parts of life would start truly returning to normal at that point, I think.
    60% to control the pandemic
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I get it, but if you wear an N95 mask you’re fine. But it’s your life and whatnot. I get it.
    Probably. Maybe. But all it takes is a little screw up by myself, or someone else, to cause an issue. I'll just keep my butt at home except for grocery or home depot pick ups.

You're not fine. Indoors with strangers, and you don't have to be near them, but just sharing the same air ventilation system, increases the amount of COVID particles you inhale, and they are inhaled through an N95 mask.

COVID struggles to survive outdoors in the heat. Indoors it does well.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm looking forward to being able to actually go into a store again and browse.

Like right now, I am holding onto dear life with my Galaxy Note 5. It's got some battery issues, and it's clearly not as snappy as it once way - but it works. I also know that I need to get a new phone soon. Shopping for a phone is something that I feel I need to hold a phone for. How does it feel? How quick does it actually react when I do a certain task? Can't exactly replicate that browsing online.
    First world problems ladies and gentlemen.

I kid Doug, we are all "guilty" of stuff like this during this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    First world problems ladies and gentlemen.

I kid Doug, we are all "guilty" of stuff like this during this pandemic.
    Oh, abso-freaking-lutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    From what I have read, and I may be misunderstanding, you only need to vaccinate 10% of the population to eliminate a lot of the mortality risk, so while widespread vaccination is still a long way off, getting to that point would be big. Certain limited parts of life would start truly returning to normal at that point, I think.
    If you vaccinate the right 10%, the mortality risk would drop big time. That's the first goal and should be the priority by the end of the year. Taking care of the 2-3 Million citizens in nursing homes/assisted living would be huge.

"Life" won't be back to normal until the mass public vaccinations are undertaken.

Turn Off Ads?