Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Badass.
    No, you just have to be methodical. Put one foot in front of the other instead of looking at a huge task. I know people who would call this vacation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    FWIW, Oregon seems to be head of the class for how U.S. states have handled this virus.
    I’ve noted that several times and I hope it stays that way.

But they’ve got that serious exponential growth curve going right now. Hopefully it plateaus.

4. Likes:

M2 (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    No, you just have to be methodical. Put one foot in front of the other instead of looking at a huge task. I know people who would call this vacation.
    Yeah, I’m just saying that is really cool.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Over the years I’ve been buying land in Northern New England not far from the Atlantic ocean, and now I have a little over 500 acres after my last purchase. I’m going to rent a big dozer and my brother is going to help me clear cut about 50 acres right in the middle of it, and this winter I’m going to be there alone with my dog and prepare it to plant an orchard next fall. It was my dream to build a little house up there anyway, but this whole Covid thing kind of accelerated things, so there’s no time like the present. There is a huge amount of detail i left out, and we’re not just going in there with a dozer and destroying stuff and i actually have a plan, but the next four months will be a lot of brute labor by myself under extreme conditions. I’ll take the basics to eat, but we’ll live off the land from wild turkeys and a deer or two, and make a go of it. It will be rather cathartic.
    I look forward to seeing you on the Discovery Channel next year!

Over the years I’ve been buying land in Northern New England not far from the Atlantic ocean, and now I have a little over 500 acres after my last purchase. I’m going to rent a big dozer and my brother is going to help me clear cut about 50 acres right in the middle of it, and this winter I’m going to be there alone with my dog and prepare it to plant an orchard next fall. It was my dream to build a little house up there anyway, but this whole Covid thing kind of accelerated things, so there’s no time like the present. There is a huge amount of detail i left out, and we’re not just going in there with a dozer and destroying stuff and i actually have a plan, but the next four months will be a lot of brute labor by myself under extreme conditions. I’ll take the basics to eat, but we’ll live off the land from wild turkeys and a deer or two, and make a go of it. It will be rather cathartic.
    Be careful. Keep your socks dry. You aren’t picking the best time of year for this. Just staying alive can be a full time job.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Be careful. Keep your socks dry. You aren’t picking the best time of year for this. Just staying alive can be a full time job.
    I’ll be fine, i’ve done it before. My father and grandfather worked in the woods when I was a kid, and I‘d go with them for a week at a time when I was only 10 or 12 years old. The biggest danger is if a tree falls on you or splits and knocks you down, but that’s why we’re cutting everything together and dragging them out with a bulldozer ahead of time, so I can work on it by myself all winter and sort out the firewood and saw logs. Typically, winter is the best time to do this and that was the plan all along, because the sap is out of the trees and the leaves are off the trees, making them much lighter and easier to work with. Of course, today they have huge machines where the men don’t even have to get out of the cab, but I don’t have that luxury. I didn’t have cell coverage when I was there before, but once I open it up and if I can get a cell signal, I’ll post a picture or two.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-17-2020),Roy Tucker (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’ve noted that several times and I hope it stays that way.

But they’ve got that serious exponential growth curve going right now. Hopefully it plateaus.
    We are in a two week roll back to where we were in June, nothing but take out, no in service restaurants, no gatherings.

Perfect street racing environment again

Which will uptick greatly

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    We are in a two week roll back to where we were in June, nothing but take out, no in service restaurants, no gatherings.

Perfect street racing environment again

Which will uptick greatly
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    More like this

13. Likes:

M2 (11-17-2020)

A reminder that proclaiming things open while the virus spikes is a DOA plan.

James Whittaker
    @docjamesw

Restaurant owner here Happy man raising one hand

Just so everyone understands, it isn't the shutdowns that are killing us.

It's the virus

Even at 50% capacity, we're never full

Lifting restrictions won't help at all. Getting the virus under control is our only hope
    https://twitter.com/docjamesw/status...33601025695744

15. Likes:

mth123 (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Attachment 16729

This is where I’ve been for months. If you could point to a gold standard approach, then it would be replicable, no? I live in blue blue Philadelphia. Everyone here follows the rules about masking in public, shutting down schools, shrinking occupancy. Ticking off every box. Yet it’s still spreading like wildfire here.
    I live in Karen-central: San Franciso. And now we have resurgence.

Correlation isn't causation, but the Lockdowners don't even have correlation.

BTW, Stoller is an interesting follow, but he blocked my on twitter for criticizing his China hysteria.

Hospitalizations and deaths up during winter after falling during the summer.

Yeah, must be policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Hospitalizations and deaths up during winter after falling during the summer.

Yeah, must be policy.
    They rose during the summer. Second wave peaked in early August. Third wave now surging past the 2nd and it's building toward a December that might pack a bad flu year in a single month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I live in Karen-central: San Franciso. And now we have resurgence.

Correlation isn't causation, but the Lockdowners don't even have correlation.

BTW, Stoller is an interesting follow, but he blocked my on twitter for criticizing his China hysteria.
    I disagree with Stoller more than I agree. But he’s right on this. The myth of Democratic administrative prowess is deeply damaging. They are every bit as godawful. The problem is that it’s all too incestuous, too many legacies. We need people in charge who have lived real lives, not The Apprentice or some governor’s kid.

20. Likes:

Rojo (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I disagree with Stoller more than I agree. But he’s right on this. The myth of Democratic administrative prowess is deeply damaging. They are every bit as godawful. The problem is that it’s all too incestuous, too many legacies. We need people in charge who have lived real lives, not The Apprentice or some governor’s kid.
    FDR was the ultimate incestuous legacy and you love him.

Bill Clinton and Obama were born into the working class and lived real lives, yet you don’t like them for being too centrist.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?