Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    By the way, Pfizer applied for their emergency use authorization today? It’s going to take three weeks for the FDA to meet and approve that.

That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Probably tens of thousands of people are going to die because of nonsense red tape BS. The NHS has been doing preliminary reviews this whole time over in Britain and supposedly will approve it next week, there’s zero reason why it should take this long.
    They need to be on that 24/7. I about posted that thought an hour ago.

Just vaccinate baby. It’s too late to stop the surge but thousands of lives are on the line.

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (11-20-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    They need to be on that 24/7. I about posted that thought an hour ago.

Just vaccinate baby. It’s too late to stop the surge but thousands of lives are on the line.
    I get it, but yeah, before putting this vaccine into my kids I want it to be thoroughly tested.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-21-2020),RiverRat13 (11-20-2020),Rojo (11-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I get it, but yeah, before putting this vaccine into my kids I want it to be thoroughly tested.
    Certainly make that decision but it will be several months minimum before that happens.

(I wasn’t literally saying “Just vaccinate babies” - HA!)

7. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-20-2020)

Certainly make that decision but it will be several months minimum before that happens.

(I wasn’t literally saying “Just vaccinate babies” - HA!)
    Yeah, I get it, I’m just saying this should not be something rushed.

9. Likes:

Rojo (11-20-2020)

Yeah, I get it, I’m just saying this should not be something rushed.
    Yeah, I'm about as pro-vaccine as anyone, but you won't catch me in line for one for several months after it's on the market. If people aren't dropping dead or suffering severe side effects, I'll be happy to get one. I figure some time after the fourth of July next year at the earliest. Fauci did say that no science was compsomised to get it this quickly, but I don't trust the current administration enough to feel that this vaccine has been thoroughly studied enough to take it now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Yeah, I'm about as pro-vaccine as anyone, but you won't catch me in line for one for several months after it's on the market. If people aren't dropping dead or suffering severe side effects, I'll be happy to get one. I figure some time after the fourth of July next year at the earliest. Fauci did say that no science was compsomised to get it this quickly, but I don't trust the current administration enough to feel that this vaccine has been thoroughly studied enough to take it now.
    This current administration has nothing to do with now this vaccine was studied

Hell, the UK is going to approve it before we even do.

12. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-21-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Also this administration doesn’t have any incentive to rush a vaccine anymore anyway, if anything they might do whatever they can to delay or cause issues to handcuff the next incoming administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Also this administration doesn’t have any incentive to rush a vaccine anymore anyway, if anything they might do whatever they can to delay or cause issues to handcuff the next incoming administration.
    That’s literally what they are doing because Trump is an absolute scumbag child.

15. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (11-20-2020)

That is what I've seen too. I haven't been harping on suicide rates.
    Didn't say you were.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Didn't say you were.
    Oh no doubt. Just backing it up. (And making sure I wasn’t suspected of doing so)

18. Likes:

M2 (11-20-2020)

Yet the government is not doing that.

So given that the government is not paying people so they can pay their bills and is not suspending mortgage payments do you still want to close things down? Because that’s where we are. Closing things down without helping people pay the bills.

I understand that the virus is surging and things are going to be shut down.

But the high and mighty view of “I believe things should shut down while the government supports us financially” just isn’t grounded in reality. At least today it is not.

I’m in the gray area by the way, I’m not saying just proceed with business as usual. Just need to put that out there.
    IMO, the bolded section is the operable "grounded in reality" part of this. The choices are the economy is going to suck and the government steps up to help the people in need - or - the economy is going to suck and the government doesn't step up to help the people in need. Any version of pushing the envelope of opening more things up sends the death rate soaring and ultimately makes the economy worse. Just to put a fine point on it, our current out-of-control outbreak is the result of pushing the envelope all over the country.

There could be 100,000+ dead people between here and vaccinated into safety, on the low side. I don't think we appreciate how brutal the rest of this calendar year is shaping up to be, especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas acting as superspreader events.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-20-2020)

If you look at the numbers suicide has been increasing exponentially in this country for over a decade and nobody said a word. Now, all of a sudden, it’s a major issue.

It’s good people have noticed, but I wonder if anyone actually cares or if it’s just being used as ammo by COVID-deniers.
    Lol yeah no. As a teacher, suicides are very much a concern to me. Hell even Trump said something before Covid. This is wrong.

The double dose of superspreader events and 20 more million out of work after the holidays will be a New Year’s Rockin Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Lol yeah no. As a teacher, suicides are very much a concern to me. Hell even Trump said something before Covid. This is wrong.
    Yeah, not referring to you. It’s not wrong. I have seen a lot of people who I know personally who have never talked about suicide, and if they had it was just to refer to it as a weakness, all of a sudden start talking about it like it’s 100% the fault of COVID protocols. And what is wrong? Suicide rates have been increasing for a long time.

Turn Off Ads?