Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Oh, abso-freaking-lutely.
    Many carriers do offer free returns on phones etc. for 14 days or the like so perhaps if a phone's specs look good that's an option?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you vaccinate the right 10%, the mortality risk would drop big time. That's the first goal and should be the priority by the end of the year. Taking care of the 2-3 Million citizens in nursing homes/assisted living would be huge.

"Life" won't be back to normal until the mass public vaccinations are undertaken.
    I'm under the impression end of the year, even for that, isn't going to happen. They're still conducting trials through the end of this month.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Many carriers do offer free returns on phones etc. for 14 days or the like so perhaps if a phone's specs look good that's an option?
    Well, I'm not at the point where this thing doesn't work. It just doesn't work like it used to. I'm just going to hold out a little longer and see what happens. If it dies/slows down too much, I will probably just grab a cheap pixel to "hold me over" for a year or two (or if I love it, and I don't break it - five). At this point I'm using a high end phone from, what, 5 or 6 years ago? Spec wise, I figure that for the most part a mid-tier phone probably stacks up at this point.

We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You're not fine. Indoors with strangers, and you don't have to be near them, but just sharing the same air ventilation system, increases the amount of COVID particles you inhale, and they are inhaled through an N95 mask.

COVID struggles to survive outdoors in the heat. Indoors it does well.
    Yep. The masks help of course, but they are not 100%. My friend’s dad and mom had stayed home since March, but within two weeks of him going in the hospital, he tested positive. She wasn’t allowed to visit him anyway, and he had been nowhere else besides that place, and he still caught it. And I mentioned before or at one of my customers, five engineers tested positive that were working in the same area even though they were all wearing masks, social distancing, and had plexiglass separation.

Using common sense can drastically minimize the risk, but to be 100% sure, only isolation will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You're not fine. Indoors with strangers, and you don't have to be near them, but just sharing the same air ventilation system, increases the amount of COVID particles you inhale, and they are inhaled through an N95 mask.

COVID struggles to survive outdoors in the heat. Indoors it does well.
    Yeah, we’re talking about a phone store, not a crowded bar. I think someone would be totally fine to go in and hold a couple phones for 5 minutes and leave and buy it online. Call me crazy.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, we’re talking about a phone store, not a crowded bar. I think someone would be totally fine to go in and hold a couple phones for 5 minutes and leave and buy it online. Call me crazy.
    No different than picking up a burrito

Which I have done numerous times during this pandemic, however the Zanahorias en Escabeche's are no longer available... massive sad face for me

I'll call you crazy if you'll call me crazy.

It's all about the risk and reward. What's the risk? I mess up, get COVID, and who knows what happens from there. The reward? I am slightly happier with one phone instead of the other. In this scenario, the risk and reward graph doesn't work for me. If I wind up with a phone I'm not in love with - well, that stinks, but I'm not going to be getting a Nokia 5110. I'll be ok with a phone that isn't quite what I was hoping for. I can always resell it and get something else, or just bite down and deal with it. It's truly a first world problem.

Sure, they should be. But if your risk level is 0%, it’s not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No different than picking up a burrito

Which I have done numerous times during this pandemic, however the Zanahorias en Escabeche's are no longer available... massive sad face for me
    Sweet sweet spicy burritos.

There’s a couple great taco and burrito places in my neighborhood. I forget if you are the person with family that went to OU or not, but Big Mama’s is opening up a place in west cleveland soon and my wife and I are quite excited.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'll call you crazy if you'll call me crazy.

It's all about the risk and reward. What's the risk? I mess up, get COVID, and who knows what happens from there. The reward? I am slightly happier with one phone instead of the other. In this scenario, the risk and reward graph doesn't work for me. If I wind up with a phone I'm not in love with - well, that stinks, but I'm not going to be getting a Nokia 5110. I'll be ok with a phone that isn't quite what I was hoping for. I can always resell it and get something else, or just bite down and deal with it. It's truly a first world problem.
    I want to be clear I’m not calling you crazy.

12. Likes:

dougdirt (11-11-2020)

Sweet sweet spicy burritos.

There’s a couple great taco and burrito places in my neighborhood. I forget if you are the person with family that went to OU or not, but Big Mama’s is opening up a place in west cleveland soon and my wife and I are quite excited.
    Pedro (my Brother) worked a Casa Nuevo in Athens for quite awhile back in the day. For the record my father went to OU and I was born there, I went there for a semester and Pedro spent all his college years (and some) there. I know numerous people who went there and now their kids are going there.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pedro (my Brother) worked a Casa Nuevo in Athens for quite awhile back in the day. For the record my father went to OU and I was born there, I went there for a semester and Pedro spent all his college years (and some) there. I know numerous people who went there and now their kids are going there.
    My wife went there - Casa Nuevo is her favorite restaurant. I absolutely love it, when we lived in Charlotte, NC we would go out of our way on drives to and from Toledo to eat lunch or dinner there. Every single time!

I want to be clear I’m not calling you crazy.
    I will also be clear that I was joking about both of us calling each other crazy. Reading back what I wrote sounds quite different than what I intended it to sound like. I was going for a "I'm crazy if you're crazy - haha" kind of thing.

Given the difficult problems to solve with distribution, I hope the current delay/withholding of transition from the White House does not result in a delay/withholding of this vaccine. This should be priority 1A for the federal government with resources moving NOW, but somehow I doubt it is -- seems like whining about if the CEO of Pfizer gave the president adequate credit/praise is a higher priority.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-11-2020),WrongVerb (11-11-2020)

I missed it, but sounds like the governor basically begged people to wear masks, socially distance, etc.

I'm sure that message will be well received and effective.

Turn Off Ads?