Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So you posted an article from early May, before any of the vaccines we're now approving, that is literally categorized on the website you linked to in the CONSPIRACY category.

Then there's the fact that the literal second sentence of the article is a flat out lie, which you can find out for yourself by watching the video they embedded in the article.

Not that I expect a conspiracy theorist like yourself to do any actual understanding of anything you cite, but it took me all of five minutes to figure out how stupid this crap was you linked to simply by READING THE ARTICLE AND WATCHING THE VIDEO THEY PROVIDED.

Jesus, man.
    You're not even good at baseball, I'm not sure why anyone should listen to you about the health of their children.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    You're not even good at baseball, I'm not sure why anyone should listen to you about the health of their children.
    My guy: I'm infinitely better at baseball than you are at whatever the actual hell it is that you think you are doing in this thread.

You literally linked to an article where the second sentence of it was a provable LIE by the video that the author of said article included in the video.

I don't know why anyone would ever, in a million danged years, take a single thing you have posted since all of this started seriously.

You have repeatedly tried to claim that we're all the idiots and that you are the genius who knows so much, while these are the kinds of things that you are posting.

Also, NOWHERE in the video did Bill Gates address anything at all relating to CHILDREN. Neither did the freaking article you linked that had the video.

Seriously: What reality are you living in where you can watch THAT VIDEO and read THAT ARTICLE, and think to yourself, you know what - it's DOUG who is the crazy person here?

4. Likes:

M2 (11-25-2020)

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covi...the-park-.html

Public health officials and drugmakers need to warn people that coronavirus vaccine shots may have some rough side effects so they know what to expect and aren’t scared away from getting the second dose, doctors urged during a meeting Monday with CDC advisors.

The recommendations come as states prepare to distribute the potentially life-saving vaccinations as early as next month.

Dr. Sandra Fryhofer of the American Medical Association said both Pfizer’s and Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccines require two doses at varying intervals. As a practicing physician, she said she worries whether her patients will come back for a second dose because of the potentially unpleasant side effects they may experience after the first shot.

Oh terrific, anything to spare me from the terrible Covid pains of NOTHING!

What kind of idiot gets this shot?

Can anyone say that the wouldn't rather suffer a cold than risk this shot?
    Last edited by Rojo; 11-25-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Don't give your kids these shots.

It's not about being anti-vaxx, it's about math. You're child is not going to get sick. Why take the chance?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covi...the-park-.html

Public health officials and drugmakers need to warn people that coronavirus vaccine shots may have some rough side effects so they know what to expect and aren’t scared away from getting the second dose, doctors urged during a meeting Monday with CDC advisors.

The recommendations come as states prepare to distribute the potentially life-saving vaccinations as early as next month.

Dr. Sandra Fryhofer of the American Medical Association said both Pfizer’s and Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccines require two doses at varying intervals. As a practicing physician, she said she worries whether her patients will come back for a second dose because of the potentially unpleasant side effects they may experience after the first shot.

Oh terrific, anything to spare me from the terrible Covid pains of NOTHING!

What kind of idiot gets this shot?

Can anyone say that the wouldn't rather suffer a cold than risk this shot?
    Wait, there are still people calling this a cold? More than 2,000 Americans died yesterday due to COVID. We've had multiple people here lose loved ones and describe the painful personal effects of this disease. I suspect if this message board were a bar and you kept spewing this nonsense on your stool, you'd be picking your ass up off the gravel parking lot in the back and wondering where you were.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

8. Likes:

M2 (11-25-2020),mth123 (11-25-2020),RedsfaninMT (11-30-2020),SteelSD (11-25-2020)

Repeat: NO CHILD SHOULD TAKE THIS VACCINE:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...m-his-vaccine/

An overlooked heroine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France...irth%20defects.

In 1960, Kelsey was hired by the FDA in Washington, D.C. At that time, she "was one of only seven full-time and four young part-time physicians reviewing drugs"[4] for the FDA. One of her first assignments at the FDA was to review an application by Richardson-Merrell for the drug thalidomide (under the tradename Kevadon) as a tranquilizer and painkiller with specific indications to prescribe the drug to pregnant women for morning sickness. Even though it had already been approved in Canada and more than 20 European and African countries,[8] she withheld approval for the drug and requested further studies.[3] Despite pressure from thalidomide's manufacturer, Kelsey persisted in requesting additional information to explain an English study that documented peripheral neuritis,[9] a nervous system side effect.[4] She also requested data showing the drug was not harmful to the fetus.[9]

Kelsey's insistence that the drug should be fully tested prior to approval was vindicated when the births of deformed infants in Europe were linked to thalidomide ingestion by their mothers during pregnancy.[10] Researchers discovered that the thalidomide crossed the placental barrier and caused serious birth defects.[7] She was hailed on the front page of The Washington Post as a heroine[11] for averting a similar tragedy in the U.S.[12] Morton Mintz, author of The Washington Post article, said "[Kelsey] prevented… the birth of hundreds or indeed thousands of armless and legless children."[11] Kelsey insisted that her assistants, Oyam Jiro and Lee Geismar, as well as her FDA superiors who backed her strong stance, deserved credit as well. The narrative of Kelsey's persistence, however, was used to help pass rigorous drug approval regulation in 1962.[1]

Don't. Do. This.

Attachment 16753
    Are you going to be spamming this thread with anti-vaxx stuff for the next year?

I think a lot of people here are parents. If your goal is to get us to not vaccinate our kids, nothing you post will have any effect on what any of us decide to do.

I think your heart is probably in the right place here, so I’m not going to make fun of you or whatever, but please keep this stuff to yourself, we’re all adults here and we will decide how to raise our kids.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I DO think there's a point here, though. Right or wrong, people outside the high risk categories very well may choose to avoid the vaccine if there are significant side effects. If the vaccine makes kids sicker than the actual disease, it will be a hard sell to get parents to give it to their kids.

11. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-25-2020),Rojo (11-27-2020)

Jobless claims rise for the second week in a row, despite it being traditional holiday shopping season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I DO think there's a point here, though. Right or wrong, people outside the high risk categories very well may choose to avoid the vaccine if there are significant side effects. If the vaccine makes kids sicker than the actual disease, it will be a hard sell to get parents to give it to their kids.
    The doctors I’ve spoken with will not take these initial vaccines. Too soon.

13. Likes:

Rojo (11-27-2020)

The significant side effects are the chills and aches. The anti-vaxx crowd is acting like a kid is going to go blind or something.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-25-2020)

It may not be a terribly hard sell if being vaccinated, particularly against a disease that poses a significant public health threat, is a condition of attending school or pre-school.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/school-vaccinations.pdf
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    It may not be a terribly hard sell if being vaccinated, particularly against a disease that poses a significant public health threat, is a condition of attending school or pre-school.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/school-vaccinations.pdf
    In maybe half the states, making a Covid vaccine with significant side effects mandatory will be political tenable. Even in those states, you'll have significant pockets of very pissed off people.

In maybe half the states, making a Covid vaccine with significant side effects mandatory will be political tenable. Even in those states, you'll have significant pockets of very pissed off people.
    I'm not sure anyone's thought of the potential for two metric tons of lawsuits from parents who may demand that school districts and states enforce the laws already on the books regarding required vaccinations. Nothing political about it. The laws are already in place. If I'm reading the chart in that PDF correctly, it looks like 20 states don't even allow for religious or medical exemptions in a pandemic/outbreak situation. I'll check again, but that's what it looks like (edit: it's actually 11 states).

(Edit #2- 32 states can exclude students from school during an outbreak)

This could get quite ugly from a litigation standpoint.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 11-25-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

19. Likes:

M2 (11-25-2020)

A pretty good article on the topic, IMHO:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ccine-n1240741

--Ted Williams

I understand the laws are already on the books, but those are for polio, MMR, whooping cough, smallpox, etc. I certainly haven't looked much into it, but are you saying the existing legislation allows state health departments to add to the list of required vaccines without going back to the legislature? That's still going to be ugly if states try to keep kids out of school.

22. Likes:

Rojo (11-27-2020)

The numbers with the vaccine won't lie. (And I say that not knowing what the numbers will be...though I'm optimistic when I see those 90% effectiveness results)

If a few months from now after vaccines rollout the huge majority of COVID deaths are from non-vaccinated people, I suspect public opinion will turn.

On the other hand if that's not the case and there are reports of side effects everywhere...well, that will be a problem.

If the correct population is vaccinated in the first and second wave of vaccine release, it will be fascinating (hopefully in an extremely good way) to watch the mortality numbers come in.

Quite a few public officials have looked like and handled things like boobs throughout all this, but quite a bit of them seem to be taking the vaccine rollout seriously, so it gives me hope this may go better than expected.

Turn Off Ads?