Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who wants their employer to know they may have visited the New York Times? Seriously problematic!
    I can think of quite a few former bosses who would have had a problem if I had that picture in my browser history. Clearly they should be more open minded, but that wouldn’t help me.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It really isn’t. Not when it comes to the abuses of the powerful. They will do what they will do until people tell them No. Believing in the beneficence of the powerful is the logical fallacy.

Where do you draw the line though? What would you consider to be “too far” in employer control over your life? You’re fine allowing businesses/government jobs the right to fire someone for not getting a vaccination? You see no problem with that?

The deeper you get into this topic the more sane Rojo’s arguments become. Many of you guys really worship power. And don’t question it.
    Human are rational beings with the ability to draw meaningful distinctions. Well, most are, you don’t seem to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I would think and employer would be more concerned he was hanging around on a baseball message board. But they know this already.
    Who said anything about employers?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It really isn’t. Not when it comes to the abuses of the powerful. They will do what they will do until people tell them No. Believing in the beneficence of the powerful is the logical fallacy.

Where do you draw the line though? What would you consider to be “too far” in employer control over your life? You’re fine allowing businesses/government jobs the right to fire someone for not getting a vaccination? You see no problem with that?
    You don't have a right to employment in this country. I think you probably should (and it's not that weird an idea historically), but I understand that it's not a popular point of view.

You know with 100% certainty that there are going to be a ton of religious and health carve-outs if employers try to do this (and they mostly won't), and yet you're still worried? Really?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Human are rational beings with the ability to draw meaningful distinctions. Well, most are, you don’t seem to be able to.
    I’d like to know how you make your distinctions. Would you let your employer perform a colonoscopy every morning before work to “make sure you weren’t infecting” others? At what point can the employer stop invading your person?

Who wants their employer to know they may have visited the New York Times? Seriously problematic!
    NYT? This was an image posted to this website of a ***** child.

That’s not the NYT. And again, who said anything about employer? This is my personal phone. Who said anything about problematic? You are trying very hard to make this a culture war/woke thing and that’s really not it.

In the age of #metoo we really cannot comprehend why someone would not want an image of a kid like that on their internet history? This wasn’t embedded in an NYT article. It was an image only posted to a message board.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-30-2020 at 11:30 AM.

8. Likes:

757690 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    You don't have a right to employment in this country. I think you probably should (and it's not that weird an idea historically), but I understand that it's not a popular point of view.

You know with 100% certainty that there are going to be a ton of religious and health carve-outs if employers try to do this (and they mostly won't), and yet you're still worried? Really?
    Yes I am worried. Absolutely. Why aren’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Who said anything about employers?
    I was responding to BostonRed's post. I honestly know no idea who is seaching your web history or why you care. You should leave your comfy little safe space and live for a while in a place where they monitor everything.

Again, your statement was very weird. There is nothing wrong with having a historical link in your browser history.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 11-30-2020 at 11:35 AM.

11. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-30-2020),Rojo (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I can think of quite a few former bosses who would have had a problem if I had that picture in my browser history. Clearly they should be more open minded, but that wouldn’t help me.
    Sounds like you had some really stupid former bosses. I get that.

13. Likes:

BernieCarbo (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    NYT? This was an image posted to this website of a ***** child.
    You are the one that is making it about a naked child. That in itself is creepy beyond belief, much more than the picture.

I remember when I lived in Germany, and I visited Dachau once. It is far more preserved than any other former camp such as Auschwitz, and respectfully but accurately done. So many of my friends afterward told me "How can you go there? I wish people would just forget about it!" And these were people in their 20s and 30s.

The world is yucky, so get over it and stop acting so Mormon.

15. Likes:

Rojo (11-30-2020),westofyou (11-30-2020)

I was responding to BostonRed's post. I honestly know no idea who is seaching your web history or why you care. You should live your comfy little safe space and live for a while in a place where they monitor everything.

Again, your statement was very weird. There is nothing wrong with having a historical link in your browser history.
    It wasn’t a historical link. It was an image posted to this site of a child with absolutely no context.

Oh god, everything has to be about safe space. I tend to not like looking at pictures of little kids like that and don’t want it anywhere near my internet history. Maybe you do like to look at pictures like that.

No one click on this link to a February 17, 2020 article from the NYT. IT is in there. Wouldn't want to corrupt that browser history!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/o...n-nick-ut.html

- - - Updated - - -

stop acting so Mormon.
    Uh, Mormons are nice.

It's a famous photo that I have seen so much that I can close my eyes and see it... it is that famous.

But the full comparison Rojo is making is apples to oranges to me.

19. Likes:

Kinsm (11-30-2020),mth123 (11-30-2020),Redsfaithful (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020),WrongVerb (12-01-2020)

I was responding to BostonRed's post. I honestly know no idea who is seaching your web history or why you care. You should live your comfy little safe space and live for a while in a place where they monitor everything.

There is a reason why VPN and incognito browsers are so popular. Our browser histories are minefields that have destroyed relationships, jobs and more. Unless you’ve never had a phone or computer, I can’t believe anyone these days doesn’t understand this.

You are the one that is making it about a naked child. That in itself is creepy beyond belief, much more than the picture.

I remember when I lived in Germany, and I visited Dachau once. It is far more preserved than any other former camp such as Auschwitz, and respectfully but accurately done. So many of my friends afterward told me "How can you go there? I wish people would just forget about it!" And these were people in their 20s and 30s.

The world is yucky, so get over it and stop acting so Mormon.
    THERE WAS NO CONTEXT WITH THE PICTURE. It was just a picture of a child. I saw the picture and immediately closed the thread. Creepy? Jesus Christ.

And by the way old man, I could not care less you lived in Germany. You’ve mentioned it a million times. Who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

No one click on this link to a February 17, 2020 article from the NYT. IT is in there. Wouldn't want to corrupt that browser history!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/o...n-nick-ut.html

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, Mormons are nice.
    For the hundredth time, I had no idea what the photo was and it was not a link to the NYT. It was just an image. I closed the thread immediately when I saw it.

Turn Off Ads?