Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Is it that low? For sure I know 10% doesn't fix things, but if you vaccinate healthcare workers and the elderly it removes a lot of the worry about hospital capacity which I believe (could end up being wrong) would relax everyone. We'd still have to wear masks and be smart until that 60%, but I'm hoping everyone would be able to loosen up a little seeing the end in sight.
    That's the number continually thrown out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-12-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's the number continually thrown out.
    That's not so bad! End is in sight.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's not so bad! End is in sight.
    Indeed, just need to get through this winter without all hell breaking loose. Oh wait, too late...
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Indeed, just need to get through this winter without all hell breaking loose. Oh wait, too late...
    As long as you're not a fat slob, you'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    What if you're fat and neat?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, Todd. I'll go ahead and listen to the doctors on this one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What if you're fat and neat?
    Or thin but messy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    Or thin but messy?
    Exactly!!

I'm here for the math myself

Average weight and average messiness?

Single, neat and thin?

Scared to see what's about to happen in North Dakota, and probably a lot of other places here real soon.

What experts have been warning us about since March is starting to happen. It's almost like they knew exactly what would happen if we didn't listen to what they said, and, well, too many people simply didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Scared to see what's about to happen in North Dakota, and probably a lot of other places here real soon.

What experts have been warning us about since March is starting to happen. It's almost like they knew exactly what would happen if we didn't listen to what they said, and, well, too many people simply didn't.
    I think these fears would have been taken more seriously if passes hadn't been given along the way for favorable causes.

It either applies to everyone or it applies to nobody. We're in the nobody stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think these fears would have been taken more seriously if passes hadn't been given along the way for favorable causes.

It either applies to everyone or it applies to nobody. We're in the nobody stage.
    Well, I can't exactly get into the conversation you're trying to have because there's a special board for that kind of conversation.

That said - this sucks. And I'm genuinely scared for a lot of people right now.

16. Likes:

Stray (11-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

LOL no it couldn't have been the rabid denialists trying to minimize and obfuscate at every turn. Not all of the idiots spreading misinformation that the nation's top epidemiologists were somehow actually super secret agents with an agenda to institute SOCIAL CONTROL. Not all of the idiotic faux-macho talk about how if you are at all concerned about the damn ERs collapsing you are some kind of weak coward.

Noooo it wasn't any of that. It was because some guy somewhere was being a hypocrite. THAT'S why you never took it seriously. I assure you the virus does not care.

I'm hearing about ER staff walking off the job and I don't really blame em. All you tough guys don't deserve a hospital bed. Well, soon enough there won't be one for you if you need it. Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    LOL no it couldn't have been the rabid denialists trying to minimize and obfuscate at every turn. Not all of the idiots spreading misinformation that the nation's top epidemiologists were somehow actually super secret agents with an agenda to institute SOCIAL CONTROL. Not all of the idiotic faux-macho talk about how if you are at all concerned about the damn ERs collapsing you are some kind of weak coward.

Noooo it wasn't any of that. It was because some guy somewhere was being a hypocrite. THAT'S why you never took it seriously. I assure you the virus does not care.

I'm hearing about ER staff walking off the job and I don't really blame em. All you tough guys don't deserve a hospital bed. Well, soon enough there won't be one for you if you need it. Way to go.
    Not sure where you're going with this NachoMan, but 2 weeks to slow the spread became something else entirely. Whatever your plan is, be honest with Americans and let them accept or reject it.
    Wanna move the goal posts and allow friendly political gatherings along the way? Then you forfeit the chance for anyone to take you seriously.

Americans aren't going to be locked down again. Pols and media folks don't deserve to be taken seriously on this topic anymore. This is the reaping.

19. Likes:

Rojo (11-14-2020)

Turn Off Ads?