Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1081

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

  1. #61
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,869

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Is it that low? For sure I know 10% doesn't fix things, but if you vaccinate healthcare workers and the elderly it removes a lot of the worry about hospital capacity which I believe (could end up being wrong) would relax everyone. We'd still have to wear masks and be smart until that 60%, but I'm hoping everyone would be able to loosen up a little seeing the end in sight.
    That's the number continually thrown out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  2. Likes:

    Redsfaithful (11-12-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #62
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's the number continually thrown out.
    That's not so bad! End is in sight.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  5. #63
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's not so bad! End is in sight.
    Indeed, just need to get through this winter without all hell breaking loose. Oh wait, too late...
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  6. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,451

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Indeed, just need to get through this winter without all hell breaking loose. Oh wait, too late...
    As long as you're not a fat slob, you'll be OK.

  7. #65
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    50,183

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    As long as you're not a fat slob, you'll be OK.
    What if you're fat and neat?

  8. #66
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,394

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    As long as you're not a fat slob, you'll be OK.
    Thanks for sharing this, Todd. I'll go ahead and listen to the doctors on this one, though.

  9. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    107

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What if you're fat and neat?
    Or thin but messy?

  10. #68
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    50,183

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    Or thin but messy?
    Exactly!!

    I'm here for the math myself

  11. #69
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Average weight and average messiness?

  12. #70
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,181

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Single, neat and thin?

  13. #71
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,394

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Scared to see what's about to happen in North Dakota, and probably a lot of other places here real soon.

    What experts have been warning us about since March is starting to happen. It's almost like they knew exactly what would happen if we didn't listen to what they said, and, well, too many people simply didn't.

  14. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,256

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Scared to see what's about to happen in North Dakota, and probably a lot of other places here real soon.

    What experts have been warning us about since March is starting to happen. It's almost like they knew exactly what would happen if we didn't listen to what they said, and, well, too many people simply didn't.
    I think these fears would have been taken more seriously if passes hadn't been given along the way for favorable causes.

    It either applies to everyone or it applies to nobody. We're in the nobody stage.

  15. #73
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,394

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think these fears would have been taken more seriously if passes hadn't been given along the way for favorable causes.

    It either applies to everyone or it applies to nobody. We're in the nobody stage.
    Well, I can't exactly get into the conversation you're trying to have because there's a special board for that kind of conversation.

    That said - this sucks. And I'm genuinely scared for a lot of people right now.

  16. Likes:

    Stray (11-14-2020)

  17. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think these fears would have been taken more seriously if passes hadn't been given along the way for favorable causes.

    It either applies to everyone or it applies to nobody. We're in the nobody stage.
    LOL no it couldn't have been the rabid denialists trying to minimize and obfuscate at every turn. Not all of the idiots spreading misinformation that the nation's top epidemiologists were somehow actually super secret agents with an agenda to institute SOCIAL CONTROL. Not all of the idiotic faux-macho talk about how if you are at all concerned about the damn ERs collapsing you are some kind of weak coward.

    Noooo it wasn't any of that. It was because some guy somewhere was being a hypocrite. THAT'S why you never took it seriously. I assure you the virus does not care.

    I'm hearing about ER staff walking off the job and I don't really blame em. All you tough guys don't deserve a hospital bed. Well, soon enough there won't be one for you if you need it. Way to go.

  18. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,256

    Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

    Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    LOL no it couldn't have been the rabid denialists trying to minimize and obfuscate at every turn. Not all of the idiots spreading misinformation that the nation's top epidemiologists were somehow actually super secret agents with an agenda to institute SOCIAL CONTROL. Not all of the idiotic faux-macho talk about how if you are at all concerned about the damn ERs collapsing you are some kind of weak coward.

    Noooo it wasn't any of that. It was because some guy somewhere was being a hypocrite. THAT'S why you never took it seriously. I assure you the virus does not care.

    I'm hearing about ER staff walking off the job and I don't really blame em. All you tough guys don't deserve a hospital bed. Well, soon enough there won't be one for you if you need it. Way to go.
    Not sure where you're going with this NachoMan, but 2 weeks to slow the spread became something else entirely. Whatever your plan is, be honest with Americans and let them accept or reject it.
    Wanna move the goal posts and allow friendly political gatherings along the way? Then you forfeit the chance for anyone to take you seriously.

    Americans aren't going to be locked down again. Pols and media folks don't deserve to be taken seriously on this topic anymore. This is the reaping.

  19. Likes:

    Rojo (11-14-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator