Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

I think we need to have an agreed upon definition of "lockdown" if we're going to have a meaningful conversation anyway. It can mean so many different things.

2. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-30-2020),mth123 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Remember that big grocery store worker die-off?
    It didn't happen because markets made alterations, limited store capacity and made everyone wear masks. You know, all the stuff you don't want them to do.

Yet make up your mind. Is COVID not dangerous and everyone can do whatever whenever (in which case the 63 year-old grocery clerk will be fine) or do we need to be on a program which affords those workers some protection from this virus?
    Last edited by M2; 11-30-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

This is the current chart for US deaths and we still have people trying to argue that we should just open everything up. Unbelievable.

Attachment 16769
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm fine if that person's home. Though there's still going to be an operational food supply system. The question always has been how do we operate that safely? For the most part, we've figured that out. What would make it a dangerous job is if the virus spread gets too large (so that you can't even access the healthcare system if you need it) and people stop taking basic precautions like wearing masks. You know, where they'd start intersecting with your bad ideas.
    Really? Lol. Explain How we’d have an operational food supply system without the essential employees you are supposedly fine with keeping home? Who ranks as essential in this scenario? And again, if “all lives matter,” why does the field laborer get exposed but not the cashier?

8. Likes:

Rojo (12-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think we need to have an agreed upon definition of "lockdown" if we're going to have a meaningful conversation anyway. It can mean so many different things.
    I’d say it’s the heart of the matter. Yeah. Agreed.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

When I say lockdown, I mean go back to the way everything was back in March until its relatively contained again.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Really? Lol. Explain How we’d have an operational food supply system without the essential employees you are supposedly fine with keeping home? Who ranks as essential in this scenario? And again, if “all lives matter,” why does the field laborer get exposed but not the cashier?
    Again, we're going to have an operational food supply system because that's one of the essential things that stays open no matter what. Maybe it goes all curbside and delivery, but it stays operational. And what we put in place in terms of the food supply system actually worked. It's not spreading in market workforces or at food distribution warehouses. Field laborers are able to worked masked up and keep their distance (many already wore face coverings on the job before COVID). The main problem area had been in meat processing, and if that sparks back up and we've got to vegetarian for a spell, oh well.

What keeps the people in the food supply workforce safe is if the rest of us aren't ridden with pestilence. And you've been on Team Unchecked Outbreak. You miss the most basic things.

12. Likes:

mth123 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    We’re going to have to close some things at this point to even get back to the point where the spread is remotely contained. I agree with the general concept, get it under control and then open as many things up that won’t lead to it getting back out of control. But there’s no way to get a handle on this thing again and doing nothing at the same time.
    Really just going to be full speed ahead until a vaccine, unless you live somewhere very liberal, and even then orders usually won't have teeth. And all along the way we'll have idiots railing against the lockdowns that don't actually exist.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

14. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-30-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-30-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Really just going to be full speed ahead until a vaccine, unless you live somewhere very liberal, and even then orders usually won't have teeth. And all along the way we'll have idiots railing against the lockdowns that don't actually exist.
    Wait. This isn't martial law?

16. Likes:

Kinsm (11-30-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yeah that’s kind of the problem, even if you lock things down again, at this point it seems like most people don’t really care about it. I think isolation worked back in the spring because the virus was still mostly unknown and people had that kind of fear of it, but that’s gone now. Even if public spaces are closed down, I don’t see how people don’t just start congregating in each other’s homes.

I agree, people aren't afraid of it now. The wild thing is that you have people like Rojo who think the entire thing has been fear mongering and I don't think we've dialed up the fear nearly as high as it could go. We could have live feeds in emergency rooms of people being intubated - I wonder if we'd all feel ok going out to eat indoors after watching that?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

19. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (11-30-2020)

I agree, people aren't afraid of it now. The wild thing is that you have people like Rojo who think the entire thing has been fear mongering and I don't think we've dialed up the fear nearly as high as it could go. We could have live feeds in emergency rooms of people being intubated - I wonder if we'd all feel ok going out to eat indoors after watching that?
    Easy peasy: that only happens to old people and “fat slobs” according to one poster.

Now I desperately need to have a beer at the dive bar down the street!!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

We could have live feeds in emergency rooms of people being intubated
    Just don't post them on this thread unless you want all hell to break loose!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Easy peasy: that only happens to old people and “fat slobs” according to one poster.

Now I desperately need to have a beer at the dive bar down the street!!
    I never said anything like that at all. It’s not even debatable that the worst affect has been in nursing homes, followed by those who are obese and with diabetes and hypertension. We have a lot of those in America. Facts are stubborn things.

As for bars, take it up with DeWine. I don’t care if they stay open or not

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I never said anything like that at all. It’s not even debatable that the worst affect has been in nursing homes, followed by those who are obese and with diabetes and hypertension. We have a lot of those in America. Facts are stubborn things.

As for bars, take it up with DeWine. I don’t care if they stay open or not
    Todd Gack said the fat slob thing. Not everything is about you.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?