Mood: excited for stormtroopin'.

Name:  418A8646-149A-43A8-B8ED-4D4EEC9FC004.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  7.5 KB

Nah, this kind.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    So what would you guys say to a Black person who refuses to take the vaccine because his grandfather was given syphilis in the Tuskegee experiments?

(I’m trying to discern on whose back this bigoted authoritarianism will land when the time comes).
    I'd say this vaccine is color blind and meant to protect everyone from this horrible virus. If I was a dictator I'd make everyone take it, but if I was a dictator we'd probably not be having a surge at this point so there is that.

I'd really like to get back to normal by this summer, its beyond me why a good deal of this nation doesn't seem to want to do that and would rather pretend that their grandpa just suddenly died of the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I'd say this vaccine is color blind and meant to protect everyone from this horrible virus. If I was a dictator I'd make everyone take it, but if I was a dictator we'd probably not be having a surge at this point so there is that.

I'd really like to get back to normal by this summer, its beyond me why a good deal of this nation doesn't seem to want to do that and would rather pretend that their grandpa just suddenly died of the flu.
    Wow, dictator ideation. That’s healthy.

Wow, dictator ideation. That’s healthy.
    No its frustration with people who can't do whats right for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    No its frustration with people who can't do whats right for everyone.
    Marginalizing groups who don’t follow the government’s dictates. Seriously, what could go wrong?

So where we've wound up at the end of this installment is an insistence vaccines are bad as we set records for daily death totals. Excellent.

Side note, been too long since we've heard the numbers out of Texas look really good.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Wow who would’ve guessed FCB’s brand of brilliant contrarianism would’ve ended up with comparing vaccinations to fascism

9. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-04-2020),M2 (12-04-2020),RFS62 (12-05-2020)

I doubt the vaccine will be particularly dangerous. But I’m not everyone. And in a plural society, that’s an important thing to remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Wow who would’ve guessed FCB’s brand of brilliant contrarianism would’ve ended up with comparing vaccinations to fascism
    I’m not the one having dictator fantasies. Take that up with your brethren.

And I do have to say, speaking from the perspective of a Jewish person, the multiple equivocations between standard vaccine requirements that this country has always had and, uh, the Holocaust, is in pretty poor taste!

12. Likes:

Kinsm (12-04-2020),Revering4Blue (12-04-2020),WrongVerb (12-04-2020)

And I do have to say, speaking from the perspective of a Jewish person, the multiple equivocations between standard vaccine requirements that this country has always had and, uh, the Holocaust, is in pretty poor taste!
    Funny I’m Jewish myself. I don’t find the authoritarian streak in this country to be anything like humorous.

14. Likes:

Rojo (12-04-2020)

TIL
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Funny I’m Jewish myself. I don’t find the authoritarian streak in this country to be anything like humorous.
    Then you should immediately recognize the absurdity of trying to make the comparison. We’ve always required vaccines for certain things, we have far fewer vaccine requirements than other developed countries. It’s hardly “authoritarianism”.

17. Likes:

Kinsm (12-04-2020),M2 (12-04-2020),Revering4Blue (12-04-2020),Strikes Out Looking (12-04-2020)

Then you should immediately recognize the absurdity of trying to make the comparison. We’ve always required vaccines for certain things, we have far fewer vaccine requirements than other developed countries. It’s hardly “authoritarianism”.
    The idea of marginalizing and isolating those who refuse the vaccine is what I’m talking about. Just five posts up we had a poster say he wishes he were a dictator in order to force reticent Black people to take it. M2 was joking about denigrating Christian Scientists. Pardon me if that isn’t a little weird.

19. Likes:

Rojo (12-04-2020)

Don Jr. already retweeted this so I couldn’t get it posted before this video virally goes political. And I bet it does.

But it’s hard to watch this and not get pissed off at the hypocrisy. If there’s a backstory to this that shows that this video is not put forth accurately I’m all ears.

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1334993874276786178

The Pineapple Hill Saloon in Sherman Oaks for you SoCal folks.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Don Jr. already retweeted this so I couldn’t get it posted before this video virally goes political. And I bet it does.

But it’s hard to watch this and not get pissed off at the hypocrisy. If there’s a backstory to this that shows that this video is not put forth accurately I’m all ears.

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1334993874276786178

The Pineapple Hill Saloon in Sherman Oaks for you SoCal folks.
    Rules for thee....

22. Likes:

Rojo (12-04-2020)

Turn Off Ads?