Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1081

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Don Jr. already retweeted this so I couldn’t get it posted before this video virally goes political. And I bet it does.

But it’s hard to watch this and not get pissed off at the hypocrisy. If there’s a backstory to this that shows that this video is not put forth accurately I’m all ears.

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1334993874276786178

The Pineapple Hill Saloon in Sherman Oaks for you SoCal folks.
    LA County Covid rules have been a mess and impossible to defend.

However, not defending this, but I would want to hear the entire story before getting mad and passing judgement.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    LA County Covid rules have been a mess and impossible to defend.

However, not defending this, but I would want to hear the entire story before getting mad and passing judgement.
    Yeah she could have an axe to grind for another reason but I’ve alluded to movie studios being declared essential before. I love my entertainment, but I can’t allow “essential.”

Yeah she could have an axe to grind for another reason but I’ve alluded to movie studios being declared essential before. I love my entertainment, but I can’t allow “essential.”
    The rules are a mess right now, I don’t know what is allowed and what isn’t or where, so I can’t comment on this particular incident. But non essential businesses are open in much of LA at 35% capacity.

So this movie shoot is allowed to be open with limited capacity even if it is not essential. And if the shoot is allowed to happen, the people working it have to eat. So this isn’t “outdoor dining” but more likely workers given a place to hold their lunch break.

I don’t know, though, but there is a logical explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The rules are a mess right now, I don’t know what is allowed and what isn’t or where, so I can’t comment on this particular incident. But non essential businesses are open in much of LA at 35% capacity.

So this movie shoot is allowed to be open with limited capacity even if it is not essential. And if the shoot is allowed to happen, the people working it have to eat. So this isn’t “outdoor dining” but more likely workers given a place to hold their lunch break.

I don’t know, though, but there is a logical explanation for this.
    I mean you’ve called LA county/their rules “a mess” twice on this page yet you kind sorta defend the concept of allowing the movie studio employees to dine outside while the restaurant across the lot cannot allow “outdoor dining”, asserting there is a logical explanation. It doesn’t add up for the peasant class, myself included.

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-04-2020),LeDoux (12-04-2020)

I mean you’ve called LA county/their rules “a mess” twice on this page yet you kind sorta defend the concept of allowing the movie studio employees to dine outside while the restaurant across the lot cannot allow “outdoor dining”, asserting there is a logical explanation. It doesn’t add up for the peasant class, myself included.
    I am just providing a logical explanation. It may not be the actual explanation.

The rules are a mess right now, no one really knows what they are, and they keep changing. But based on what I do know, this is a logical explanation for that set up.

If it is for a movie shoot, it’s not outdoor dining. Outdoor dining involves sitting among strangers and being waited on by strangers. If this is just a meal break set up, then it is a group of employees sitting outside as they eat their meal. No strangers, no waiters. A completely different situation safety wise. This is no different than Krogers setting up a place outside for their employees to eat on their break. And this has nothing to do with the entertainment industry being essential or not, as non-essential businesses are still open.

People get sick on a movie set the population is limited to the group of people working and you can shut it down.

Restaurant has an outbreak it could spread all over the place and no one would probably know it started from the restaurant.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    People get sick on a movie set the population is limited to the group of people working and you can shut it down.

Restaurant has an outbreak it could spread all over the place and no one would probably know it started from the restaurant.
    Huh?

11. Likes:

Rojo (12-04-2020)

I’d just argue that if an area allows the movie industry to carry on (with precautions) they should allow (businesses and customers) the choice to dine outside at a restaurant (with precautions).

Sure, you get more “contact tracing” at a movie set vs a restaurant of randos if a case develops, but that is missing the big picture in terms of certain things being allowed and certain things shut down.

13. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-04-2020),Falls City Beer (12-04-2020),M2 (12-04-2020),Rojo (12-04-2020)

I’d just argue that if an area allows the movie industry to carry on (with precautions) they should allow (businesses and customers) the choice to dine outside at a restaurant (with precautions).

Sure, you get more “contact tracing” at a movie set vs a restaurant of randos if a case develops, but that is missing the big picture in terms of certain things being allowed and certain things shut down.
    It would be nice if both can carry on with restrictions. But you can’t just hand waive contact tracing as a factor on why one might be allowed and the other isn’t.

The people sitting at those tables to have lunch, they are the “peasant class” as you put it, in LA.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yeah it makes zero sense to close outdoor dining anywhere that can distance tables and stuff, but especially in LA

That is something that is actually completely arbitrary security theater. Covid basically doesn’t spread outside.

16. Likes:

M2 (12-04-2020)

Well, you know, movie people are responsible. Or something. It’s either advisable or it’s not. The individuals involved shouldn’t matter.

I’d just argue that if an area allows the movie industry to carry on (with precautions) they should allow (businesses and customers) the choice to dine outside at a restaurant.

It’s not just about the contact tracing. It’s the constant influx of new people, who then sit around each other without a mask for an extended period of time. That is exactly what is trying to be avoided.

Right now all businesses are allowed to be open, with limited capacity. If everything was closed, but movie shoots were allowed to continue, you would have an argument. But that isn’t the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It would be nice if both can carry on with restrictions. But you can’t just hand waive contact tracing as a factor on why one might be allowed and the other isn’t.

The people sitting at those tables to have lunch, they are the “peasant class” as you put it, in LA.
    I think they both should be open and functioning, yes.

20. Likes:

Rojo (12-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The idea of marginalizing and isolating those who refuse the vaccine is what I’m talking about. Just five posts up we had a poster say he wishes he were a dictator in order to force reticent Black people to take it. M2 was joking about denigrating Christian Scientists. Pardon me if that isn’t a little weird.
    You really stretch things. You are the one creating the strawman of "reticent Black people" who are somehow equating the Tuskegee incident with a vaccine meant to help get the world back from a pandemic. You are the one equating people urging people to get vaccinated with the holocaust, which I find offensive for a number of reasons that I don't wish to list here.

22. Likes:

Kinsm (12-04-2020),M2 (12-04-2020),Revering4Blue (12-04-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Sounds right up your alley. You’re the perfect stormtrooper.
    Eddy House has nothing to worry about then. A stormtrooper couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a roll of TP.

I myself will steal any TP he wishes to throw away, it's becoming hard to find here.

24. Likes:

M2 (12-04-2020)

Turn Off Ads?