Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curt Casali on High Heat

Re: Curt Casali on High Heat

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't think dividing the PT by which hand they hit with makes much sense since Barnhart doesn't hit much either way and Stephenson is better paired with more veteran pitchers as he's breaking into the big leagues. Generally, Casali plays when Castillo and Mahle pitch, while the less experienced Stephenson catches the vets Miley, Lorenzen and Gray. It doesn't have to be set in stone and will vary based on who is banged up or who is hot, but I think it makes sense given Castillo's success with Casali and Stephenson's lack of experience.

Besides, I want fewer lefty bats in the line-up since the shift has them all baffled. Barnhart seems the one to go. Stephenson's RH pop balances the line-up a bit.
    Gray and Casali have a thing going, and I'm not sure Lorenzen/Stephenson is a good pairing. Agreed that left-right pairing is overplayed, and, anyway, Casali's OPS was equal to Barnhart's versus right handed pitching. Casali could be the smartest player on the team.

2. Likes:

mth123 (11-12-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Or hit the ball the other way where the shift is not. what a concept!!!

5. Likes:

MrRedSkull (11-15-2020)

Is this or any hitting philosophy a dogma that must be adhered to in every situation or else? If the situation comes up and you go against the philosophy because you’re better suited to make the adjustment to bring the run in. Will you be reprimanded by the staff? I know players would be fined for not bunting and swinging away for a homer because they missed the sign. Like Bob Robertson in the 1971 WS along with some other funny stories. But is it not up to the player to realize the situation and adjust himself?

7. Likes:

mth123 (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MG NorCal View Post
    Gray and Casali have a thing going, and I'm not sure Lorenzen/Stephenson is a good pairing. Agreed that left-right pairing is overplayed, and, anyway, Casali's OPS was equal to Barnhart's versus right handed pitching. Casali could be the smartest player on the team.
    MLBTR Reds Off-season Outlook article lists Casali as a non-tender possibility along with Goodwin and Bob Steve.

Probably won’t happen with Casali - but don’t be shocked if it does. RHH pre-arb Stephenson is ready replacement.

Non-tender deadline will be brutal with teams trying to save. Shift to younger, cheaper players where possible. Reds can save $5-7 million non-tendering those three based on arb projections.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-15-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Turn Off Ads?