Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Trevor now!

Sign Trevor now!

I would offer him a 5 year 125m contract all 5 years player options.

Let the kids play!

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (09-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sign Trevor now!

Unless the pandemic has had a game altering effect on salaries going forward, he will get more than 30 mil for next year. Issue is whether he will simply chase the highest bidder or if fit (he has sited medical staff, ability to start on 3 day rest, competitiveness, etc) will mean he considers others. It could be he finds it all with the highest bidder.

Bauer will only sign and one year deal and he won't negotiate now. He's going to have his agent talk with many clubs.

The mega player option is probably the best way to get him, but has insane risk with it. Would need a lower AAV to give him that many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

It’s going to take more like 3yrs $100 mil and a player opt out.

8. Likes:

bagz (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    It’s going to take more like 3yrs $100 mil and a player opt out.
    If that's what it takes I would say you have to at this point. Look at what he brings to the table.
    The Stop And Chat

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I would offer him a 5 year 125m contract all 5 years player options.
    Bauer: “lol no”

That’s probably about $175 million short
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Bauer is such a different guy that I have no idea what it would take to sign him.

12. Likes:

bounty37h (09-24-2020),Red Raindog (09-25-2020),Rojo Rijo (09-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Bauer is such a different guy that I have no idea what it would take to sign him.
    Agreed, I don’t think anyone has a clue other than him and his agent. I just hope we are in the running.

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (09-24-2020),Rojo Rijo (09-25-2020)

I'm not saying he would sign for a lot less than whatever the highest bidder offers, but I don't think it will come down to money

What Reds have:
    1) supportive in both resources and coaching to his pitching approach
    2) supportive of his online presence
    3) contract with Driveline
    4) supportive of starting every 4th day
    5) team atmosphere Bauer seems to like

What Reds don’t have:
    1) $

I think there’s a possibility that Bauer forgoes some $ to stay with the Reds. I think a huge question is whether it feels like Bell’s leadership can get them to/take them far in the playoffs.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

17. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (09-26-2020)

Got to love reactionary posts after big or low moments.

The mood runs from anywhere from we shouldn't have traded for him, to trade him a way, to non-tender him, to missing Scott Moss, to GOAT, to lifetime mega-contract.

19. Likes:

757690 (09-24-2020),Crumbley (09-27-2020),jimbo (09-25-2020),Revering4Blue (09-24-2020),SirFelixCat (09-24-2020),The Operator (09-25-2020)

Right here is all you really need to know about Bauer. The Reds have not really had a guy come into the clubhouse and demand that his team excel in the last decade or more. It's what Seaver did to the Mets, it's what Rijo did to the Reds in '90, it's what Greg Vaughn did to the .99 Reds, it's what Gibson did to the Cardinals....

"Trevor has been good all year," Reds first baseman Joey Votto said. "But he’s also demanded of us a higher level of competition, which is infectious. This is the most important game of the year so far, of course. We have so many good options out of the starting rotation, but I’m glad it fell on his hands today, for sure."
    I really don't know if the Reds have the change to sign him after this spectacular run, but if they don't do their best, then they run the risk of missing out on the intangibles he brings. People talk about whether chemistry exists, but I think the better question is whether the proper leadership exists. They have it right now in Bauer.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

21. Likes:

bagz (09-25-2020),Crumbley (09-27-2020),RiverRat13 (09-24-2020),SirFelixCat (09-24-2020),thatcoolguy_22 (09-25-2020)

He seems to be really into the driveline stuff, maybe that will help keep him here.

23. Likes:

HalMorrisRules (09-24-2020),Patrick Bateman (09-24-2020),Redsfan6272 (09-26-2020),Wonderful Monds (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Right here is all you really need to know about Bauer. The Reds have not really had a guy come into the clubhouse and demand that his team excel in the last decade or more. It's what Seaver did to the Mets, it's what Rijo did to the Reds in '90, it's what Greg Vaughn did to the .99 Reds, it's what Gibson did to the Cardinals....

I really don't know if the Reds have the change to sign him after this spectacular run, but if they don't do their best, then they run the risk of missing out on the intangibles he brings. People talk about whether chemistry exists, but I think the better question is whether the proper leadership exists. They have it right now in Bauer.
    Great post. Would you throw Rolen in 2010 in there? "Need you on 3rd, Brucie" was a big storyline that I remember.

Turn Off Ads?