Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Masters in November

The Masters in November

63-year old Bernhard Langer with 3-under on the opening round. Tiger at 4-under. Leader at 7-under.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-13-2020),Stray (11-13-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Masters in November

The rain made the course too easy yesterday. Hopefully it dries out the rest of the week and the greens are a lot more tricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just Langer, but Larry Mize too. It's been awesome to watch these guys play their way around their own course, cuz of the rest of the field are playing an entirely different course. Langer's been hitting 3 woods into par 4s heh. Goes to show how much experience matters at Augusta.

We're setup for a really good tournament tho. I thought Johnson was gonna run the lead out this morning, but when he didn't it kept a bunch of guys in play. I think Rahm, Xander, Oosty and Tiger all get a few birdies finishing their 2nd round tomorrow and I think Rahm will be the 36 hole leader. So so many players are gonna be in it it's gonna be a wild weekend. I hope Augusta toughens up a little to punish poor shots more over the weekend.

Also, waking up at 7am on a Saturday is gonna be rough.

Also worth giving a shout out to the trees and bushes. Those guys are a natural deterrent to bombers launching tee shots and not worrying about the penalty from the rough.

Maybe we could use more of them on courses to reward playing from the short grass.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-14-2020)

Dustin Johnson's round today was Tiger-esque. Never put himself in a bad situation. Didn't take on shots that he didn't need to, and just played a controlled beautiful round of golf. Looked totally comfortable too. I'd be shocked if he slips up tomorrow, but I guess Sunday at the Masters can even get to the best of em. I think Thomas will make a charge.

Tiger turned back the clock at the Masters today, and made 5 birdies on the final six holes. Unfortunately, he carded a septuple-bogey on 12, finding the water 3 times on the par-3.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2020)

Cameron Smith's last 10 rounds on the tour have all been in the 60s.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2020),Stray (11-16-2020)

That 75 in the first round did my man Rory in shot good the next three rounds.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2020),Stray (11-16-2020)

The real question that has came from this years Masters is how in the heck did Dustin Johnson land Pauline Gretzky? The other question is how is it possible that someone that looks like Wayne Gretzky helped create someone that looks like Pauline Gretzky?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16. Likes:

Chip R (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The real question that has came from this years Masters is how in the heck did Dustin Johnson land Pauline Gretzky? The other question is how is it possible that someone that looks like Wayne Gretzky helped create someone that looks like Pauline Gretzky?
    Amazing what having millions of dollars and living in Southern California can do for a gal.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cameron Smith's last 10 rounds on the tour have all been in the 60s.
    Get the feeling we're gonna be seeing a lot more of this guy. He has a great "major" game for when courses are difficult. Lights out putter too. He's gonna win one sooner or later.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Tiger turned back the clock at the Masters today, and made 5 birdies on the final six holes. Unfortunately, he carded a septuple-bogey on 12, finding the water 3 times on the par-3.
    12 can be a brutal hole. I guess the good news for Tiger is if you're gonna take a 10 there, you may as well do it in a year you weren't going to win anyway. He played pretty good outside of that though. Just never got it going with the putter.

"So Fla Red"

Big Masters fan but this year with no crowd was like watching paint dry

22. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Big Masters fan but this year with no crowd was like watching paint dry
    It was different. I'm guessing they set up the course next year double tough to extract revenge for this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

True, it was like watching the John Deere Open or 84 Lumber event.

The course presented little challenge this year for a Major event

Turn Off Ads?