Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP, Paul Hornung

RIP, Paul Hornung

Packers, Notre Dame great Hornung dies at 84 https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ornung-dies-84
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP, Paul Hornung

A great player well before my time. He dominated college football and the NFL for a short time. He always said regretted not going to Kentucky rather than Notre Dame. I'm not sure why other than being from Kentucky. I remember him more for being an analyst for NFL games and Notre Dame football. He was also a big time gambler. I remember his gambling analysis on a NFL show that TBS had for a few seasons in the late 70's and early 80's. RIP Paul Hornung.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-14-2020)

More sad news ��

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    A great player well before my time. He dominated college football and the NFL for a short time. He always said regretted not going to Kentucky rather than Notre Dame. I'm not sure why other than being from Kentucky. I remember him more for being an analyst for NFL games and Notre Dame football. He was also a big time gambler. I remember his gambling analysis on a NFL show that TBS had for a few seasons in the late 70's and early 80's. RIP Paul Hornung.
    Kentucky was among the better SEC teams in the four years Hornung could have played there. With him, I suspect they'd have won at least a few more (and perhaps Bear Bryant might have stayed). Notre Dame's last season may have flavored Hornung's time there. They struggled to a 2 - 8 mark.

Vince said that over 80 yards, the Golden Boy was just another running back. But inside the 20, he was the greatest football player who ever lived.

Those #5s (Hornung, JB, and Brett) had a penchant for rising to the occasion.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-14-2020),cumberlandreds (11-14-2020),Kingspoint (11-14-2020),RedsBaron (11-13-2020),Revering4Blue (11-13-2020)

Last edited by Mutaman; 11-13-2020 at 11:08 PM.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Loved him on the Notre Dame radio broadcasts.

RIP "Golden Boy"

Turn Off Ads?