Tyler Callihan (20)
    Rece Hinds (20)
    Lyon Richardson (20)
    Christian Roa (21)
    Jackson Miller (18)
    Michel Triana (20)
    Joe Boyle (21)
    Mac Wainwright (18)

Any sleepers? Any of these guys underrated? Overrated?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are the Kids Alright?

Boyle is my sleeper out of that group. I would have Callihan ahead of Siani

Mac Wainwright played at the HS about a mile from my house, so I’m gonna root like hell for him.

But I have a feeling Hendrick is going to be a star.

I really do not get the Siani hype.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

BillDoran (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I really do not get the Siani hype.
    Elite defensive tools and wheels. An idea of what to do at the plate. Late-spring area HS ball meant he was behind developmentally, so there's more to dream on.

High floor.

7. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (11-16-2020)

Here's the state of the Reds' farm system

Catcher Tyler Stephenson, the club’s 2015 first-round pick, showed he’s ready to help out during his brief stint in the big leagues this year and lefty Nick Lodolo, the '19 first-rounder, shouldn’t take too long to be ready as well and could beat a now-healthy Jonathan India ('18) to the Majors.

2021 IMPACT PROSPECT

José García, SS: The Reds could get contributions from Tyler Stephenson behind the plate and Nick Lodolo on the mound, but right now, García is the one without anyone in his path. He’s already shown he can handle his premium position defensively and could truly be an impact player if his bat starts to catch up.

2022 TOP PROSPECT

Hunter Greene, RHP: Reports on Greene at the Reds’ alternate training site were very positive and he should be going full tilt out of the gate next year. The Reds will undoubtedly be cautious with the right-hander and he’s yet to pitch above the Class A Midwest League, so there’s no reason to think he won’t be the best prospect in the system after a full, healthy 2021.
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-f...-analysis-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Elite defensive tools and wheels. An idea of what to do at the plate. Late-spring area HS ball meant he was behind developmentally, so there's more to dream on.

High floor.
    That’s what I don’t get. He’s been pretty bad at the plate in both seasons he has played. He had a .672 OPS at Dayton in 2019. .253/.333/.339. And it’s not like he’s making a bunch of contact. He struck out 109 times.

I mean, Billy Hamilton put up much better offensive numbers in the minors and he was terrible at major league level.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s what I don’t get. He’s been pretty bad at the plate in both seasons he has played. He had a .672 OPS at Dayton in 2019. .253/.333/.339. And it’s not like he’s making a bunch of contact. He struck out 109 times.

I mean, Billy Hamilton put up much better offensive numbers in the minors and he was terrible at major league level.
    I think the big difference is that there was always a bit of a concern that pitchers could eventually knock the bat out of Billy Hamilton's hands. Siani doesn't really have that concern - he's got a bigger frame, he's stronger, etc. That's not to say there's not some "let's see Siani perform on the field a little more", you would love to see him start showing more pop - but you don't really have people wondering about whether he's not strong enough to hit big league pitching.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (11-16-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-16-2020)

@KyleAGlaser

The players who got the loudest and most consistent raves at instructs this year?

Michael Busch, 2B, Dodgers
    Quinn Priester, RHP, Pirates
    Rece Hinds, 3B, Reds
    Jared Kelley, RHP, White Sox
    Cal Raleigh, C, Mariners
    Seth Johnson, RHP, Rays

13. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (11-23-2020),JaxRed (11-23-2020),RiverRat13 (11-23-2020),texasdave (11-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?