Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you take Bauer, Lindor or spend money elsewhere.

Re: Would you take Bauer, Lindor or spend money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s for a one year rental of a guy getting paid around $20M for next season. For $20M, the Reds can get a high impact player without giving up any prospects. So the value of the prospects should be around the difference between Lindor and a normal $20M player.

You seem to be calculating what it would take to get Lindor if he were making MLB minimum and was under control for more than one year.
    Nope. I'm calculating what I would do if I had a team with the best pitching in the AL and two all star caliber players and a bunch of role players. I'd want an all star caliber player in any offer or I'd keep my guy and see how the season goes knowing I could probably get a similar offer of quantity from another contender at the deadline. I wouldn't deal him for guys who project as big league role players right now. I think an offer like that will be there later.

Look, I like the guys in the deal from the reds standpoint, but Stephenson projects as a .260ish bat with 15 to 20 HR while being a primary catcher who plays run of the mill defense. That's a solid big league player and would be the best thing the Reds have had behind the plate in years, but it isn't a star. Garcia is a solid glove with speed, has shown some promise with the bat at low levels but hasn't made a successful jump above A ball. India has been up and down as a prospect. Senzel has disappointed so far. Hendrick is completely unknown. If I'm dealing Lindor, and in all likelihood my chance to contend in 2021, I want more than that. Otherwise, I'd keep him, try to contend and figure I can get a deal filled with Quantity in July the same as I can by dealing now. Taking that deal now is like punting on second down.

To pull the trigger now, I'd want Greene or Lodolo included. Keep half of those guys and give me Greene with say Stephenson or Garcia and I might say yes.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-18-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If Cleveland’s number 1 priority was to win, they wouldn’t be aggressively trying to move Lindor.

He’s still a 1 year rental making 20 million bucks. His trade value doesn’t go up just because the Indians want to have their cake and eat it too by being absolute cheapskates and trading their best player, and still wanting to compete.

4. Likes:

757690 (11-18-2020),kaldaniels (11-18-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-18-2020),Ron Madden (11-18-2020)

If Cleveland wanted real value for Lindor they would've moved him a year ago. They'll still come away with some nice pieces but it won't be anywhere near what they could've required a year ago. Cleveland waited too long and now no team is going to be willing to overpay for him unless they are committed to giving him the LTC he wants, and that narrows it way down.

6. Likes:

757690 (11-18-2020),Revering4Blue (11-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-18-2020)

Watched Lindor (nearly every game) for 3 years straight (live and televised), including the post season runs.

Get Didi and use your trade value for something else. Especially as a rental. $20 mil plus prospect costs, just not even close to worth it.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-18-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-18-2020),Sparky (11-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    If Cleveland’s number 1 priority was to win, they wouldn’t be aggressively trying to move Lindor.

He’s still a 1 year rental making 20 million bucks. His trade value doesn’t go up just because the Indians want to have their cake and eat it too by being absolute cheapskates and trading their best player, and still wanting to compete.
    No, but they don't have to pull the trigger either. I guess I don't agree with the aggressive part. If they were being so anxious to move him for ho hum guys, he'd be traded already,.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    No, but they don't have to pull the trigger either. I guess I don't agree with the aggressive part. If they were being so anxious to move him for ho hum guys, he'd be traded already,.
    They seem to be pretty settled on it:
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...s-indians.html

They’re not even just saying he’s available, they’re saying they straight up plan on trading him. They’re not even posturing for the sake of bargaining at this point.

Turn Off Ads?