Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Agreed. In our situation every game needs to be a statement. It was a good win and all, but the way the game went down doesn't help our situation at all.
    Tulsa is not as talented as Cincy, but they appear to have similar chemistry/character as Cincy (and they do have talent).....so Cincy should not sleep on them. At times their defense has looked great this season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dabo on FSU claiming the game was cancelled because of COVID...

"This game was not canceled because of COVID," Swinney said. "COVID was just an excuse to cancel the game. I have no doubt their players wanted to play and would have played. And same with the coaches. To me, the Florida State administration forfeited the game."
    honestly, that was my read on it also....there was no reason to cancel that game except FSU did not want to take a beatdown @ Home after recent losses.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Oklahoma @ WVU got slotted into the ABC primetime game this weekend @ 7:30PM ET. Oklahoma opened up as a 10.5 point favorite, and now the line is up to 11 and 11.5 Points as books list it. Honestly, I assumed it would be at least 2 touchdowns the way Oklahoma beat Oklahoma State this weekend. I think if WVU plays at their best, they have a realistic shot at winning this game. Oklahoma has the #1 Offense in the Big12 as it relates to points per game and yards per game....while WVU has the #1 Defense in the Big12 as it relates to points per game and yards per game. Oklahoma is #2 in the Big12 in Defensive yards allowed per game, while WVU is #2 in the Big12 in Offensive yards per game.

The biggest difference is net points....Oklahoma scores an average of 45.5 PPG and only gives up an average of 23 PPG for a net of 22.5 PPG, while WVU only scores an average of 29.4 PPG and gives up 17.8 PPG for a smaller net of 11.6 PPG. Clearly the game will come down to WVU keeping them below their average PPG, while also putting a few more points on the board than normal. Limiting their scoring will come down to their ability to pass the ball...they average 344 YPG in the air, while WVU only gives up 161 YPG in the air.

WVU is 5-0 @ Home and Oklahoma is 2-1 on the Road (wins @ TCU and Texas Tech). This is WVU's chance to get their first signature win in the Neal Brown era.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

WV is undefeated at home, and a different team in Morgantown. I'm taking WV and the points.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Dabo on FSU claiming the game was cancelled because of COVID...

honestly, that was my read on it also....there was no reason to cancel that game except FSU did not want to take a beatdown @ Home after recent losses.
    just to follow up, I learned a few more pieces to this story that does alter my opinion a little....Dabo probably should have kept quiet. I do not think the FSU Admin was upset to delay the game, and they probably hope it is cancelled because the natives are beginning to get restless again this year. To be clear, "natives" as in the core FSU fans.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    WV is undefeated at home, and a different team in Morgantown. I'm taking WV and the points.
    me too, but I couldn't advise anyone to put real money on the game. There is a chance that WVU being a youngish team is not ready for the moment of playing one of the biggest brands in the country in front of the entire country on a Saturday night while much of the country is semi locked down. It will not be a normal Saturday night game with a packed stadium, but it also is not the same as a noon game on ESPN2....it just isn't. Those players know that the game will be called by ABC's #1 crew, and they will have a chance to shine or fold in front of exponentially more eyes. Never really know how a guy will mentally respond to that situation until the ball is kicked off.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

CFP Rankings are going to be released @ 7:00PM ET. I expect the Top 6 to be...

1. Alabama
    2. Notre Dame
    3. Ohio State
    4. Clemson
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Florida
    ― Marcus Aurelius

CFP - Week 1

1. Alabama
    2. Notre Dame
    3. Clemson
    4. Ohio State
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Florida
    7. Cincinnati
    8. Northwestern
    9. Georgia
    10. Miami
    11. Oklahoma
    12. Indiana
    13. Iowa State
    14. BYU
    15. Oregon

Cincy is in a solid spot, but BYU & the Big12 are out. It would appear the PAC12 has a tough road, but I think they still have an outside shot as they play games. 'Bama will likely play UF in SEC championship, and Clemson will likely play Notre Dame in ACC Championship. Cincy likely needs 'Bama and Notre Dame to win those games, and Texas A&M to take a loss, but I think there is a chance UC could jump TA&M with some impressive wins, and it helps that Tulsa made it in @ #25. Probably the worst thing that could happen for UC's chances would be a UF and/or Clemson win in those championship games.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Scott Sattetfield interviewed for the USCe opening.

Didn’t think about it earlier but there is an option down the road right near Myrtle Beach (Jamey Chadwell)

Edit: Nevermind, didn’t realize the baggage Chadwell had. Might as well stick with Freeze or Sarkisian.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Scott Sattetfield interviewed for the USCe opening.

Didn’t think about it earlier but there is an option down the road right near Myrtle Beach (Jamey Chadwell)

Edit: Nevermind, didn’t realize the baggage Chadwell had. Might as well stick with Freeze or Sarkisian.
    I do not think Chadwell's baggage is the type of baggage that will exclude him from a better job if he keeps winning. Also, why would Satterfield be interested in the South Carolina job? I would think his chances to compete for a conference championship and playoff berth are better at Louisville.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I do not think Chadwell's baggage is the type of baggage that will exclude him from a better job if he keeps winning. Also, why would Satterfield be interested in the South Carolina job? I would think his chances to compete for a conference championship and playoff berth are better at Louisville.
    Louisville sources including the AD are saying it’s not true.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Oh, I believed you....I was just questioning what would make him bounce so quickly.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

So do you think Satt interviewed there or not?

Minnesota -Wisconsin game cancelled. They had played 113 years in a row - 1907-2019. They have played 129 times total. The winner gets Paul Bunyan’s Axe. I know it’s not Ohio State - Michigan, and Wisconsin is a lot better team usually (killed us in 2019). But it’s a part of the fall season and this year it’s missing. 2020 has been a tough year.
    Last edited by Betterread; 11-24-2020 at 11:18 PM.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-25-2020),GAC (11-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So do you think Satt interviewed there or not?
    He came out and said he wasn’t going to. Should have cited my source but it said they were interviewing Shane Beamer and Scott Satterfield this weekend not that they already interviewed.

Would have looked bad after he threw a player under the bus for opting out and saying he wanted his players to be 100% in while he’s looking for another job.

Turn Off Ads?