Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    OSU players test positive. While the game is still scheduled, OSU said they'd make an announcement today as to the status of the Illinois game. I say they end up cancelling.

https://www.10tv.com/article/sports/...d-365a72ca9919
    Rumor mill says 8 players affected. Teams have played with as many as 14 players out. Odds are the game gets played.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Rumor mill says 8 players affected. Teams have played with as many as 14 players out. Odds are the game gets played.
    Is it weird, as an OSU fan, I kinda want Fields to be out to see the future at QB?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    OSU players test positive. While the game is still scheduled, OSU said they'd make an announcement today as to the status of the Illinois game. I say they end up cancelling.

https://www.10tv.com/article/sports/...d-365a72ca9919
    does the Big10 have specific numbers to cancel? I do not recall the Big12's but I know it is based on a specific number of scholarship players at each position.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    does the Big10 have specific numbers to cancel? I do not recall the Big12's but I know it is based on a specific number of scholarship players at each position.
    Didn't Minnesota have like 20+ players out when they played Purdue?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is it weird, as an OSU fan, I kinda want Fields to be out to see the future at QB?
    That is weird yes haha

Unless they have more positive tests today they are playing Saturday. They need the game even if it’s with a bunch of back ups and walk ons.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Thanks gl. I'm not keen on the particulars in the protocols. I figured if you have that many players test positive, and looking at who they came in contact with (lockerroom, practice field, etc), common sense would say they have to be quarantined too. This is a contact sport (lol).

But it's good to go. https://thespun.com/college-football...ame-good-to-go
    Last edited by GAC; 11-27-2020 at 02:59 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The Big 12 thresholds are a team must have 53 roster players able to play, and at least 7 scholarship Offensive Lineman, 4 Scholarship Interior Defensive Lineman and 1 Scholarship QB. If it goes below any of these thresholds, the team can request the game be postponed or cancelled.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Oregon @ Oregon State has been a surprisingly entertaining game. It was so foggy in the game at one time, the only reason it could still be watched was the Oregon lime green highlighter uniforms and Oregon State's orange uniforms.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Ohio State at Illinois has been cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Ohio State at Illinois has been cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns.
    I say we get the COVID vaccinations to the most vulnerable, Seniors and front line workers first....then college and pro athletes next so we can at least watch sports without worrying about season disruptions while we are in our homes waiting our turn.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-27-2020)

Gotta figure OSU’s game next week will be cancelled as well and I’ll frankly be shocked if they get the UM game in. Columbus is a hot spot and it’s not getting better.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Ouch. Not sure they have the chops to compete for a NC but not getting a chance to play every game they can doesn't help them figure out how to shore up that secondary. Hope they all get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Oregon @ Oregon State has been a surprisingly entertaining game. It was so foggy in the game at one time, the only reason it could still be watched was the Oregon lime green highlighter uniforms and Oregon State's orange uniforms.
    the Beavers with the upset....beating #15 Oregon 41-38.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The best possible ranking for the Bearcats this week. We always knew we'd need some help, but 7 is doable. Also, BYU at 14 should put that potential game talk to rest. There's no upside there for us.

Hope Bama and ND win out and we finish strong.

The big ten leadership is a clown show.

Turn Off Ads?