Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Indiana/Purdue has been canceled.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Indiana/Purdue has been canceled.
    I am all for an IU/tOSU rematch for the B1G championship.

4. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am all for an IU/tOSU rematch for the B1G championship.
    I'm not sure Northwestern would be though.

We actually would have a tie-breaker over them. They lost to MSU, we did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    We actually would have a tie-breaker over them. They lost to MSU, we did not.
    I don't think there are cross divisional tie breakers.

8. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2020)

You know, Northwestern isn't very good, and I'm sure they know that. They may not be all that opposed to letting someone else get smacked around by Ohio State.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-09-2020)

The six game minimum has been removed so Ohio State gets to face Northwestern In the B1G Championship.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ge-6-game-rule
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    You should shut down the sport completely then. Football is dangerous and always has been- with many career-ending and long-term injuries suffered by many players. We are essentially watching players risk their health for our entertainment. That is the reality. Personally, I'm OK with it as these players have freedom to play or not play. Even with Covid (seemingly everyone recovers, how many haven't?) players are free to opt-out. More power to them. I will continue to watch and not feel guilty about it.
    I'm not feeling guilty about it (lol). Basically, all I'm saying, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out - trying to engage in an activity (i.e football), in the middle of a pandemic involving a contagious virus, where the physical actions and behavior involved is exactly what they are directing the public to avoid because it's an environment that promotes rapid spread - is like peeing in the wind.

And respectfully, I think it's a poor analogy comparing the choice a player makes facing injury when stepping on that field vs getting infected and/or transmitting a virus to others. The only person who suffers serious consequences, at least from a health aspect, is him. No one else. The person(s) he may accidentally transmit this virus to had no say or choice in the matter. Just the consequences. So it's not an issue, at least with me, that a young healthy athete catches it and recovers. But who can they transmit it to - (family, loved ones, friends) that aren't.

I love football as much as the next guy. But it just doesn't seem to make sense - especially if they say we need to follow the science - that leadership daily sounds the alarm to the public over this virus, continues to issue edicts and tighten down on their behavior, telling us to avoid family Holiday dinners/gatherings, shutting down, fining, businesses that violate protocols .... yet while on the other hand, shows favoritism towards other "businesses", that I would not say are considered vital or essential, and all for the sake of $$$$$.

So yeah, if they really wanted to be safe, and if they really believe/follow the science that guided their directives, they should have cancelled the season. We're talking one season. Their application and enforcement of their "edicts" reeks of favoritism and unevenness.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-10-2020),Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You know, Northwestern isn't very good, and I'm sure they know that. They may not be all that opposed to letting someone else get smacked around by Ohio State.
    Then you don't know their HC Pat Fitzgerald. I don't know how good Northwestern is or isn't. Could probabaly say the same thing about OSU, IMO, whose SoS is 77th. But I've watched a majority of the Wildcat's games this season, and besides their defense, this team has fight. But what do you tell your kids in that locker-room? You don't coach and motivate these kids all season, get them to the point they are now, just to tell them you want to avoid playing whoever so not to get embarrassed or your butts kicked. You can't tell the winner of the B1G West they aren't going to be in the Championship game because they aren't the second best team in the conference.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Then you don't know their HC Pat Fitzgerald. I don't know how good Northwestern is or isn't. Could probabaly say the same thing about OSU, IMO, whose SoS is 77th. But I've watched a majority of the Wildcat's games this season, and besides their defense, this team has fight. But what do you tell your kids in that locker-room? You don't coach and motivate these kids all season, get them to the point they are now, just to tell them you want to avoid playing whoever so not to get embarrassed or your butts kicked. You can't tell the winner of the B1G West they aren't going to be in the Championship game because they aren't the second best team in the conference.
    I love Fitz, but his 'Cats are in for a defeat.

16. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The six game minimum has been removed so Ohio State gets to face Northwestern In the B1G Championship.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ge-6-game-rule
    "Too big to fail."

Add this one to the pile of horse poop that the jewelry rattlers try to sell to the unwashed masses.

Also,

"Rules are for thee and not for me."

Add it to that pile of horse poop too.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "Too big to fail."

Add this one to the pile of horse poop that the jewelry rattlers try to sell to the unwashed masses.

Also,

Who cares dude?

19. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-10-2020),RedTeamGo! (12-10-2020)

Make no mistake about it...the Bucks are the best in the B1G.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "Too big to fail."

Also,

The rule was made on the fly and was completely arbitrary.

Obviously OSU deserves to be in the game. It’s not their fault Michigan had 45 COVID cases at the last minute.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

23. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2020),Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Northwestern lost to Michigan State who is completely awful.

Just sayin
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?