Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    While this is obviously true, IU’s offense and defense were outplayed by their counterparts.

In particular, Nick Sheridan’s (IU OC) play-calling was horrendous nearly all game. Why, why, why go away from a running game that was working in favor of bubble screens that were not working at all. And it is indefensible that the Hoosiers failed to complete a pass play for more than 20 yards.
    Apparently Tuttle played most of the game with a partially separated shoulder, so throwing downfield was an issue. But yeah, if that's the case then they probably should have run it a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Texas A&M, who many thought should be in the playoff over Notre Dame, is currently losing to a UNC team that has a few key players missing and got whipped by ND when they were at full strength. The reality is that there's not a fourth team in college football that can compete with the top 3. They could have put another team in, but I don't think anybody else would have done even as well as ND did.

4. Likes:

Phoenix2 (01-03-2021),RiverRat13 (01-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Texas A&M, who many thought should be in the playoff over Notre Dame, is currently losing to a UNC team that has a few key players missing and got whipped by ND when they were at full strength. The reality is that there's not a fourth team in college football that can compete with the top 3. They could have put another team in, but I don't think anybody else would have done even as well as ND did.

When there was some debate about OSU being in the playoff I raised the question “well who should #4 be if not OSU?” - this was before ND lost to Clemson.

And frankly there wasn’t a slam dunk answer. Even in retrospect it’s hard to think the committee messed things up, though I am tired of ND crapping the bed.

Edit - OU should have gotten more love. 2 early losses killed them and any narrative.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 01-02-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

Without trying to go full homer I’d say Florida is capable of competing with any team. I’ll also say we’re capable of losing to almost any decent team.

7. Likes:

GAC (01-03-2021)

Also A&M is about to beat UNC by 14

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I knew Auburns chances were slim as they have looked bad since early November; had their old head coach on the couch at home and their new head coach in the bleachers as a fan....and while Ole Miss is not better than Auburn they have actually looked slightly better toward the end of the season. I still have not altered my opinion about there being a very large gap in between the perception of quality within the Big10 by it's member school fans and the rest of college football fans. I think the significant media bias because of the large brands in the Big10 provides charge on both sides. The Big10 is far more similar to the Big12 in regards to overall quality of competition than it is the SEC, only the Big10 has older, larger, more Eastern big brands than the Big12. The SEC has several teams that have an actual realistic chance to win a National Championship in the next 5 years (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn) and the Big10 is similar to the Big12 where it has 1 to maybe 2 teams that have a realistic chance. Then when the bottom 3rd's of each conference are compared, those SEC teams are still bringing in a lot of 4 Star recruits and an occasional 5 Star guy, and that is just not happening in the bottom half of the Big10 or any other conference very often.
    I hope your above critique is not rooted in anything that has occurred this season. Because that is your first mistake. Besides no non-conference play (a biggy), it's been a disaster trying to get games in each week due to the pandemic, games cancelled, teams playing but missing key players due to protocols. How can anyone accurately rate level of talent this year? It is what it is, but it's been a joke.

My friend I respect your opinion. But you're an SEC fan who demonstrates biases no different fron any other P5 school fan. Above, you make excuses for why so many teams in the SEC are having a down year, it's not the norm but an abberation that will correct itself. But meanwhile, in the B10 and elsewhere it's not an abberation but the norm because we all are inferior conferences, and we need to accept that. Even when it comes to the bottom tier teams from each conference, the SEC's are better because they draw more 4 Star recruits then the other conference's bottom tier teams.

It seems like 20 years ago everyone admitted the SEC was the best conference in the country....then everyone began the get jealous of the SEC's success and and began to fire shots a them....then it went to pretending the SEC was no longer the most dominant conference in the country even though they are as dominant as they ever were overall. I am not a SEC fan, but find myself routinely defending reality in recent years. The talent gap is significant from top to bottom. The last completed recruiting class was 2020....the SEC had 7 of the Top 10 schools, the Big10, Big12 and ACC each had 1 school in the Top10.
    Jealous? Hardly. We're sorry. Lets all bow down to the greatness of the SEC. And how dare any conference, or fan therein, question or doubt that superiority (lol). What is it with some SEC fans who somehow get defensive and offended if they see that "superiority" questioned? Myself, even though a B10 fan, I love watching SEC, as well as ACC, games. The SEC has always been a premier conference in my mind.

Want another example of your bias that is inaccurate? You list several SEC schools that have the potential to win a NC in the future - Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and Auburn. Solid programs, no argument there. But then you say the B10 has one, maybe two. Really? Besides Ohio State, that potential has been demonstrated in programs nationally ranked, such as Wisconsin, Michgan State, Penn State, and Iowa. The problem with the B10 has been the Michigan program.

We've watched you throw out game predictions involving the B10 during this Bowl season, predicting disaster, and you've been wrong. Maybe you're not the best talent evaluator after all?
    Last edited by GAC; 01-03-2021 at 04:24 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

jimbo (01-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?