Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Is there a reason Rutgers is running the play clock down to zero before calling time out? the game clock isn't on..it's like they want to waste everyone's time.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

This Michigan/Rutgers game is some terrible football.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-21-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

TD Rutgers in OT2
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Is there a reason Rutgers is running the play clock down to zero before calling time out? the game clock isn't on..it's like they want to waste everyone's time.
    Give them a break, they haven’t been in this position in like 20 years.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Going to OT3

Harbaugh looks ridiculous with 2 masks on.
    Go Gators!

Bearcats got away with a sloppy game today. I thought they played well at times, but were fortunate to get the win. Ridder was fantastic and man Whyle looks like he's gonna be really good on Sundays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, if nothing else, it seems like you could have an outstanding bizarro college football playoff with Cincinnati, BYU, Coastal Carolina and Liberty.
    Coastal Carolina and Liberty actually play each other in two weeks, which may be the most epic confrontation of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Coastal Carolina and Liberty actually play each other in two weeks, which may be the most epic confrontation of all time
    Coastal Carolina will pound Liberty. The game I hope happens is Coastal Carolina plays Marshall in a bowl game. There is one of the bowls that it is possible as I have seen it in some of the projections. I actually think it would be a heck of a game if both are undefeated.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Supposed to be 25% full.

Math ain’t mathing.
    It's Oklahoma! ... you guys aren't counting their horses are you?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Some thoughts on a crazy day of football....

- Indiana is legit good. Ohio State did not play well today...but given that they caught Ohio State on a day they did not perform their best, Indiana probably wins that game if they had any ability to run the ball and did not make so many big mistakes like intercepting the ball and fumbling on the return. One play that stuck out in my head and made me laugh was early in the game...maybe on the first drive, the IU QB hits the receiver in stride on a deep ball and it goes right through his hands. The camera is showing his face as he is running back to the huddle and he has this look on his face like "why is everyone looking at me"? It was priceless...no anger or disgust about dropping what could have been a huge play. I guess you had to see it.

- I do not think the close game against UCF will hurt Cincy...just think they missed an opportunity to help themselves. Gabriel was not on, but his receivers dropped too many balls. This UCF team is just as talented as the teams from 2017 and 2018....they just do not have the character as those teams. UCF's defense has no heart....no pride...it has got pushed around late in so many games this season. In 2017 and 2018, McKenzie Milton would literally put the team on his back in close games and will them to win...they just do not have that type of game changer this season.

Finally, I have no idea what Fickell was trying to do at the end of the game with the clock....well, I do know what he was trying to do, but I do not know why. I get it is you are up by a point or something, but the TD would have put them up by 2 scores with less than 2 minutes remaining. The odds of UCF scoring twice in little over a minute with no timeouts are less than your QB fumbling a snap and UCF getting the ball back or even worse a scoop and score....which came close to happening. Also, this is a beauty contest, and it would not have hurt your playoff chances to win by 10 points instead of 3.

- Alabama is rolling.

- Georgia had 8 net rushing yards today. The last team I thought would not be able to run the ball as it has been a RB factory for the last decade.

- Iowa State looks like a totally different team late in the season compared to early on.....just every other Campbell team has did at Iowa State. Oklahoma has really improved during the season on both sides of the ball....Oklahoma State has not.

- There is no playoff worthy team in the PAC12.

- Northwestern may go undefeated until the B10 Championship.....but Indiana would beat them by 2 TD's Still, it will not stop the national sports media from hyping Northwestern over the next few weeks like they do anytime Northwestern has some level of success. A third of the most popular people in sports media attended Northwestern or at least it seems that way.

- Coastal Carolina's win over App State is kind of a big deal.

- Penn State is 0-5 and it took 3 OT's for Michigan to beat Rutgers....wonder what the odds of either would have been before the season?

- Watched the end of the San Diego State / Nevada game today. SDSU was down by 5....on Nevada's 5 yard line, 1st and Goal with a couple minutes left. I will never know or understand how the SDSU QB got a scholarship to play QB with a FBS team. He had receivers wide open on a couple plays and made terrible throws that went incomplete. Then on 4th and Goal from the 5 he was getting some pressure....so you throw it in the endzone and give your guys a chance to make a play. Dude chucks it 12 yards out of bounds through the side of the endzone! I have never seen a high school QB look so bad.

- Next weekends schedule looks like a dud at first glance....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-22-2020),Revering4Blue (11-22-2020),Stray (11-22-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Some thoughts on a crazy day of football....

- Indiana is legit good. Ohio State did not play well today...but given that they caught Ohio State on a day they did not perform their best, Indiana probably wins that game if they had any ability to run the ball and did not make so many big mistakes like intercepting the ball and fumbling on the return. One play that stuck out in my head and made me laugh was early in the game...maybe on the first drive, the IU QB hits the receiver in stride on a deep ball and it goes right through his hands. The camera is showing his face as he is running back to the huddle and he has this look on his face like "why is everyone looking at me"? It was priceless...no anger or disgust about dropping what could have been a huge play. I guess you had to see it.

- I do not think the close game against UCF will hurt Cincy...just think they missed an opportunity to help themselves. Gabriel was not on, but his receivers dropped too many balls. This UCF team is just as talented as the teams from 2017 and 2018....they just do not have the character as those teams. UCF's defense has no heart....no pride...it has got pushed around late in so many games this season. In 2017 and 2018, McKenzie Milton would literally put the team on his back in close games and will them to win...they just do not have that type of game changer this season.

Finally, I have no idea what Fickell was trying to do at the end of the game with the clock....well, I do know what he was trying to do, but I do not know why. I get it is you are up by a point or something, but the TD would have put them up by 2 scores with less than 2 minutes remaining. The odds of UCF scoring twice in little over a minute with no timeouts are less than your QB fumbling a snap and UCF getting the ball back or even worse a scoop and score....which came close to happening. Also, this is a beauty contest, and it would not have hurt your playoff chances to win by 10 points instead of 3.

- Alabama is rolling.

- Georgia had 8 net rushing yards today. The last team I thought would not be able to run the ball as it has been a RB factory for the last decade.

- Iowa State looks like a totally different team late in the season compared to early on.....just every other Campbell team has did at Iowa State. Oklahoma has really improved during the season on both sides of the ball....Oklahoma State has not.

- There is no playoff worthy team in the PAC12.

- Northwestern may go undefeated until the B10 Championship.....but Indiana would beat them by 2 TD's Still, it will not stop the national sports media from hyping Northwestern over the next few weeks like they do anytime Northwestern has some level of success. A third of the most popular people in sports media attended Northwestern or at least it seems that way.

- Coastal Carolina's win over App State is kind of a big deal.

- Penn State is 0-5 and it took 3 OT's for Michigan to beat Rutgers....wonder what the odds of either would have been before the season?

- Watched the end of the San Diego State / Nevada game today. SDSU was down by 5....on Nevada's 5 yard line, 1st and Goal with a couple minutes left. I will never know or understand how the SDSU QB got a scholarship to play QB with a FBS team. He had receivers wide open on a couple plays and made terrible throws that went incomplete. Then on 4th and Goal from the 5 he was getting some pressure....so you throw it in the endzone and give your guys a chance to make a play. Dude chucks it 12 yards out of bounds through the side of the endzone! I have never seen a high school QB look so bad.

- Next weekends schedule looks like a dud at first glance....
    You left out Nebraska's titanic loss....

Regarding Alabama/Kentucky:

Kentucky had 10 players out including their best offensive and defensive players. This was going to be a bloodbath either way but that didn’t help.

Bryce Young looked more impressive than Mac Jones and is going to be a Heisman candidate as early as next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-22-2020)

I think UC was trying to score on that fourth down play to both make the win look bigger and to expire the clock, but the bad snap ruined it all. They clearly were trying to not score before that play.

I have no issues with their clock management leading up to that point. They iced the last 4:30 of the game with that last drive. The last thing you want to do is leave any chance for UCF's hyper-fast offense, even if scoring sooner meant a two score lead and 1:30 left.

Also, what a bad break for those who had UC at -4...
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-22-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Watching the 1st Quarter of that UC game will all the fumbles, miscues, and penalties, I had to double-check that it wasn't Sunday and the color on my TV was off a couple of shades.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    - I do not think the close game against UCF will hurt Cincy...just think they missed an opportunity to help themselves.
    Agreed. In our situation every game needs to be a statement. It was a good win and all, but the way the game went down doesn't help our situation at all.

Turn Off Ads?