Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theo Epstein MLB Commissioner?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Theo Epstein MLB Commissioner?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Cubs may not be as strong as they were a few years ago, and won’t be a long term dynasty, but they still have a ton of talent on their roster, a decent farm and they never will have money issues. With some smart moves they could easily build another strong team. It’s not like Epstein burned them to the ground in order to win once.

I hate to admit this, but I would much rather be the Cubs right now than the Reds.

Edit: Just looked it up, the Cubs farm is rather barren. But they still have enough talent on their team for a quick retool, imo.
    They shouldn’t ever have money issues, but they’re currently in payroll cutting mode as is. The Ricketts are embarrassingly cheap, even by MLB owner standards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Cubs may not be as strong as they were a few years ago, and won’t be a long term dynasty, but they still have a ton of talent on their roster, a decent farm and they never will have money issues. With some smart moves they could easily build another strong team. It’s not like Epstein burned them to the ground in order to win once.

I hate to admit this, but I would much rather be the Cubs right now than the Reds.

Edit: Just looked it up, the Cubs farm is rather barren. But they still have enough talent on their team for a quick retool, imo.
    Due to the cash available there are few times where I wouldn’t “want” to be the Cubs as opposed to the Reds. There was a time right as Bruce/Cueto/Votto came up I thought the Reds were in as good a position as any team in baseball. But that’s the last time I’ve been close to feeling a really bright future. Don’t get me wrong, the Reds can contend but it always seems to depend on pulling several correct levers, along with spending some cash, which isn’t always there.

John Feinstein
    @JFeinsteinBooks
    Theo Epstein's next job? Commissioner of baseball. He's brilliant, loves the game and won't worry about pissing off the owners because he can walk any time he wants to. Buy out Manfred TODAY if need be. Can you imagine Theo calling the World Series trophy a 'piece of metal?'

First interview question to Epstein: "Is the WS trophy just a 'piece of metal' to you?"

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I think if you injected him with truth serum, Epstein would tell you that the politics of Tom Ricketts were an issue for him. I think he'll be very selective of who his next boss is. When you're commissioner, you have 30 bosses, and most of them are horrible people.
    Stick to your guns.

7. Likes:

RFS62 (11-25-2020),westofyou (11-21-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-21-2020)

Theo threw $184 million at Jason Heyward.

One hundred eighty four million US American dollars.

Willingly.

Commissioner? Nooooooo thank you.

Turn Off Ads?