Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

Re: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

WVU is out a week and drops a spot in the polls....Villanova has been out a month and climbed 2 spots in the polls.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    WVU is out a week and drops a spot in the polls....Villanova has been out a month and climbed 2 spots in the polls.
    Seems fair to me.

Big win for #11 WVU over #10 Texas Tech 88-87. WVU still clearly does not have their legs from being off for 2 weeks with COVID. It was bad last game, but fortunately it was Kansas State and we still got the win. Tonight, we came out on fire but going into the half, it was clear we were gassed again. Had a 12 point lead and Tech closed it to a tie at the half. They came out and took a 14 point lead in the 2nd half. Deuce McBride and Derek Culver were both on the bench with foul trouble....but when Deuce came back in he took over and hit a shot with 5 seconds left to finally reclaim the lead and win! COVID did a number on a few of our guys....Emmitt Matthews lose over 15 lbs.....Culver has no energy.

I think the win tonight might have saved the season....I think a loss could have turned things bad quickly. Offense has become so much better since Oscar left the program.

Last edited by adkindo; 01-25-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Big win for #11 WVU over #10 Texas Tech 88-87. WVU still clearly does not have their legs from being off for 2 weeks with COVID. It was bad last game, but fortunately it was Kansas State and we still got the win. Tonight, we came out on fire but going into the half, it was clear we were gassed again. Had a 12 point lead and Tech closed it to a tie at the half. They came out and took a 14 point lead in the 2nd half. Deuce McBride and Derek Culver were both on the bench with foul trouble....but when Deuce came back in he took over and hit a shot with 5 seconds left to finally reclaim the lead and win! COVID did a number on a few of our guys....Emmitt Matthews lose over 15 lbs.....Culver has no energy.

I think the win tonight might have saved the season....I think a loss could have turned things bad quickly. Offense has become so much better since Oscar left the program.

One thing I learned from the game is that McClung is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    He's certainly playing a key role in Patrick Ewing's inevitable firing.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Deuce McBride is the superior player is what you probably should have learned. McClung is good, but he is flawed and brings weaknesses to the court that diminish his net benefit to the team.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

marcshoe (02-07-2021)

Did not look good @ Iowa State tonight but escaped with the win.

Emmitt Matthews with a monster throw down on ISU defender...

https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/1356775982883999745

Little Deuce has hops also...

https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/1356764352947183616
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Show me a team that has a tougher 6 game stretch this season (or any season) that WVU's next 6 games....

02/06 - #23 Kansas
    02/09 - @ #13 Texas Tech
    02/13 - #9 Oklahoma
    02/15 - #2 Baylor
    02/18 - @ #2 Baylor
    02/20 - @ #6 Texas

also, they are condensed into 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks!
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Started the stretch off with a win over #23 Kanas 91-79. Deuce McBride put on a show with 29 Points, 7 Rebounds, 8 Assists and 3 Steals....going 4 of 5 from 3 and 9 of 9 from the free throw line. The offense and shooting continue to look good since Oscar left the team....shooting over 50% from 3 as a team again today.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Started the stretch off with a win over #23 Kanas 91-79. Deuce McBride put on a show with 29 Points, 7 Rebounds, 8 Assists and 3 Steals....going 4 of 5 from 3 and 9 of 9 from the free throw line. The offense and shooting continue to look good since Oscar left the team....shooting over 50% from 3 as a team again today.
    Taze Sherman had 25.

The key for WVU moving forward is getting someone other than Deuce or Culver to step up. They have two stars but need someone more consistent to step up.

That and they have a brutal finish to their schedule thanks to the covid issues a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Taze Sherman had 25.

The key for WVU moving forward is getting someone other than Deuce or Culver to step up. They have two stars but need someone more consistent to step up.

That and they have a brutal finish to their schedule thanks to the covid issues a couple weeks ago.
    I think it probably is Taz. He has been in double figures in every game since Oscar left.....averaging 16.25 PPG during that stretch. He is also shooting 49% from 3 during that stretch of games....and 47% from 3 in Big12 games. The defense was ok yesterday, but overall it has been poor in conference play.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Always nice to beat KU, but the fact they were still ranked going into last night is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Always nice to beat KU, but the fact they were still ranked going into last night is absurd.
    When you look closely at their record, their only losses have been Quad 1 losses. Current Net Ranking.

#2 - Gonzaga
    #18 - Texas
    #37 - @ OK State
    #1 - @ Baylor
    #19 - @ Oklahoma
    #10 - @ Tennessee
    #20 - @ West Virginia

All are current tournament teams.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Just saw that both Baylor games have been postponed due to covid on Baylor’s end now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Just saw that both Baylor games have been postponed due to covid on Baylor’s end now.
    I have said from the beginning that I thought these games should be considered forfeits. One of them is a make up from our COVID issues, so I think each team should be issued a forfeit win and a forfeit loss. WVU had to postpone two other games during our COVID issues, and I think those should be forfeit losses. We do not have time this season to be making up these games. It was not Baylors fault when the first game was postponed, nor is it WVU's fault for the 2nd game being postponed. This season was never going to be perfectly fair.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?