Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

Re: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am so sick of all this West Virginia talk. These freakin' 'Neers better make it to the FF or I will never pick them again!
    I would not be shocked if they lose before the Elite 8, but I have a strong feeling they are on a collision course with Illinois in the Elite 8. It would be a game with a lot of subplots and drama leading up to tipoff. Huggins hired Underwood @ K State for his first power conference job, then it was Underwood that coached the Stephen F Austin team that embarrassed WVU in 2016 beating them in the 1st Round. On the players side, you would have a young Deuce trying to prove himself against Ayo, Kofi is viewed as the most dominant big man in college taking on a slimmer and faster Culver who is viewed as the most dominant big man in the Big12. Both teams and programs have a little blue collar feel to them...mostly because of the coaches. It would be fun.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I would not be shocked if they lose before the Elite 8, but I have a strong feeling they are on a collision course with Illinois in the Elite 8. It would be a game with a lot of subplots and drama leading up to tipoff. Huggins hired Underwood @ K State for his first power conference job, then it was Underwood that coached the Stephen F Austin team that embarrassed WVU in 2016 beating them in the 1st Round. On the players side, you would have a young Deuce trying to prove himself against Ayo, Kofi is viewed as the most dominant big man in college taking on a slimmer and faster Culver who is viewed as the most dominant big man in the Big12. Both teams and programs have a little blue collar feel to them...mostly because of the coaches. It would be fun.
    Illinois might be the hottest team in the nation right now not named Gonzaga.

Illinois might be the hottest team in the nation right now not named Gonzaga.
    I would have agreed if I read before the Loyola game...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I knew it...fire Huggins!

I knew it...fire Huggins!
    It is more likely the state reconstitutes with Virginia than it is Huggins ever feels a warm seat in WV. Going to be an interesting offseason.....leaning toward more roster shakeup than most probably expected. IMO, no other way to spin it that this was just a disaster of a season for WVU....the pieces were there and they never was able to become greater than the sum of the parts.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It is more likely the state reconstitutes with Virginia than it is Huggins ever feels a warm seat in WV. Going to be an interesting offseason.....leaning toward more roster shakeup than most probably expected. IMO, no other way to spin it that this was just a disaster of a season for WVU....the pieces were there and they never was able to become greater than the sum of the parts.
    Is that your way of telling me you are sorry? LOL Well at least your team played in the tourney.

Turn Off Ads?