Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephenson

Re: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    the next guy hoffman
    Loved Guy Hoffman
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

M2 (11-26-2020),malcontent (11-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Would Jake Arrieta be a better comp developmental arch wise?

He always had "Stuff" but little idea what to do with.

Was a trainwreck in the majors and very medicore in AAA until switching organizaions and "randomly" became an elite pitcher at age 28. Similar story of being stuck in a directionless organization with little ability to develop pitchers. Colorado is a better organization than Baltimore was at the time, however, Colorado's atmosphere is a unique challenge that not everyone is able to overcome.

We definitely cant expect or even see Arrieta as a realistic outcome, but there are many levels beneath that which could be successful for a guy with Hoffman's talents.
    I love buying low on post-hype sleepers. Love it. No problem with this trade.

But let’s just say Arrieta had some other “things” going on that allowed him to suddenly put it all together with the Cubs.
    Go BLUE!!!

Krall seems to throw cold water on the Gray trade talks.

The Reds have listened to offers for Sonny Gray, as The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal first reported, but Krall seemed to pump the brakes on those trade rumors Wednesday.

More: Which Cincinnati Reds players could be traded this winter? Evaluating trade candidates

“We’ve had multiple conversations with every team, agents for free agents, all that stuff, and you’re just trying to figure out what is out there, how can you make your team the best,” Krall said. “We’ve had hits on just about every player on our roster. Some guys have had 15 hits from different clubs and people ask about it. You’re going to ask about it because you want to know, at least, who is available, who is not available and what the landscape of that market looks like.

“Whether you’re doing something or not is a whole different ballgame. I think that’s where we have to take a step back and look at this and say, OK, let’s see what is available, let’s see what is not available and then let’s figure out what makes the most sense for our team moving forward.”
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rs/6431552002/
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-26-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

He has a really good chance to be a “potential” starter.

LOL, what does that even mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He has a really good chance to be a “potential” starter.

LOL, what does that even mean?
    He's a fungible arm.

It means the same as if he drops a ball it has potential to reach the ground thats what Manager Isaac Newton proclaimed

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Homer Bailey?
    When I saw Bailey in the minors he always seemed to struggle. Cingrani never made it to Dayton. I'm don't see all the games at 5/3 and if I saw Cueto, he didn't particularly impress me.

I saw BobSteve several times at Dayton and he just blew the other side away. It was a man among boys type thing. He was so good that even with only a "show me" breaking ball he made the other side look silly. In retrospect the fact that he couldn't get his curve over the plate was a huge flashing warning sign. By the time he really figured out the curve ball, his fast ball wasn't the same pitch.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Craig Mish @CraigMish

One of the more fascinating free agents is SP Dan Straily. Compiled 200 K in one of the most dominant KBO seasons ever. Several MLB teams in on him. Reds, Giants, Angels, among them. Will decide between pitching in the US or Korea next week. Per sources.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    the next guy hoffman
    I had some hope for that guy. 5'9" lefty? Could have been Freddie Norman II, just without the fastball or screwball.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

he was another doug capilla

Strailly would be interesting. We'd really win the trade.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

15. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (11-28-2020),klw (11-29-2020),malcontent (12-15-2020)

I don't know if it has been touched on or not in this thread, but I didn't realize Hoffman had so much team control left. Not a FA until 2025.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

17. Likes:

HokieRed (12-15-2020),M2 (12-15-2020),Old school 1983 (12-15-2020),REDREAD (12-15-2020),Revering4Blue (12-15-2020),Ron Madden (12-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I don't know if it has been touched on or not in this thread, but I didn't realize Hoffman had so much team control left. Not a FA until 2025.
    I saw this and it made me think of the extra gain in years in the Iglesias for Ramirez trade. Ramirez: 2024. Building out longer stability? Is there a theme here?

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-15-2020),westofyou (12-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I saw this and it made me think of the extra gain in years in the Iglesias for Ramirez trade. Ramirez: 2024. Building out longer stability? Is there a theme here?
    They've explicitly stated they wanted more guys with options to give them roster flexibility.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

21. Likes:

HokieRed (12-15-2020),Revering4Blue (12-15-2020),westofyou (12-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They've explicitly stated they wanted more guys with options to give them roster flexibility.
    Losing guys on waivers that you can't replace (cause you ain't spending money) is a poor way to do business

23. Likes:

HokieRed (12-15-2020),M2 (12-15-2020),Old school 1983 (12-15-2020),REDREAD (12-15-2020),Revering4Blue (12-15-2020),Roy Tucker (12-15-2020)

Turn Off Ads?