Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephenson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephenson

Robert Murray @ByRobertMurray

Source: Rockies and Reds have a trade in place.
    Apparently involving big league players.

Re: Rockies and Reds have a trade in place

more confirmation

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

Rockies and Reds are in serious talks about a trade involving big leaguers @ByRobertMurray on it
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

3. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (11-25-2020)

Reds Rockies Discussion

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...201064966?s=21

Heyman says teams are discussing big league players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rockies And Reds Have A Trade In Place

Wonder if this is a Trevor Story deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sources: Rockies acquiring Jameson Hannah from Reds. Other players are involved.
    Hot start to the details.

7. Likes:

CySeymour (11-25-2020),NebraskaRed (11-25-2020),Tom Servo (11-25-2020)

Rockies would have to give up a hell of a lot more than one year of Story for Gray right?

Reds and Rockies have 2-for-2 trade in place involving one “lesser” major league pitcher and one minor leaguer from both clubs, source tells The Athletic. On it:
    @ByRobertMurray
    @JonHeyman
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I’m conditioned to expect not much.

So I’ll guess the Reds get the “lesser” major league pitcher and the better prospect.

And I’ll guess Rockies get the lesser prospect and the better major leaguer.

Sources: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephenson and Jameson Hannah.

Re: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephen

Robert Murray
    @ByRobertMurray
    · 2m
    Sources: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephenson and Jameson Hannah.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Re: Reds acquiring Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams from the Rockies for Robert Stephen

So Reds were likely going to non-tender Stephenson and were able to get something for him.

Too bad, Bob Steve, you coulda been a contender.

Good luck with Rockies.

14. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (11-26-2020),Chip R (11-25-2020),Gallen5862 (11-25-2020),Jim (11-26-2020),NebraskaRed (11-25-2020),Red Raindog (11-25-2020),REDREAD (11-26-2020),redsmetz (11-25-2020)

Hoffman really flamed out with the Rockies but was a highly touted prospect with really good stuff. Could be a shrewd pickup, or could just be another Jose De Leon. Either way seems like a solid roll of the dice. Case Williams was just drafted this year in the fourth round.

Jameson, we hardly knew ye. Farewell Bob, and good luck pitching in Coors.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

Gallen5862 (11-25-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-25-2020)

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/06/1...kies-contract/

Case Williams’ big-league dream was recorded on paper Wednesday.

The Rockies’ fourth-round draft choice out of Douglas County High School agreed to terms with the club, making him the first of the Rockies’ six draft picks to sign a contract. Williams, the 110th overall pick in the draft, signed for a $450,000 bonus. The assigned slot value for the 110th pick was $527,800.

“It’s a dream come true,” Williams said. “I’m so grateful for being drafted and signing with my hometown team and being able to represent my state. Go Rockies!”

The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder had been committed to Santa Clara University.

Williams, ranked as the top right-handed pitcher in the state by both Perfect Game and Prep Baseball Report, went 14-2 with a 2.98 ERA with 134 strikeouts in his high school career, including an 8-1 record with a 1.81 ERA and 79 strikeouts in 2019.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Seems reasonable.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Neat

20. Likes:

Tom Servo (11-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?