Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Morosi: Reds prioritizing the addition of a shortstop

Re: Morosi: Reds prioritizing the addition of a shortstop

My big concern with Story is home/road splits.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Offer Senzel, Winker, Barnhart or Casali, and a top prospect for Lindor then use the Bauer, Disco, etc. money to sign Lindor to a LTC.

I'd prefer Semien, all things considered.

A one- or two-year deal similar to Castellanos' would make sense for both parties, IMO.

5. Likes:

HammerTime (11-30-2020),podgejeff_ (11-30-2020),Redsfan6272 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser View Post
    Offer Senzel, Winker, Barnhart or Casali, and a top prospect for Lindor then use the Bauer, Disco, etc. money to sign Lindor to a LTC.
    the 'bauer/disco money' is worth $300M?

Absolute No's for me are trading for Lindor or Story. We need our top minor league talent.

Of the listed free agents Didi, Semien and Simmons in that order.

In reality I'd prefer Kim out of Korea.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

If its free agency then DiDi or Seimen are the choices. Kim might want to go to the A's or Phillies or Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Absolute No's for me are trading for Lindor or Story. We need our top minor league talent.

Of the listed free agents Didi, Semien and Simmons in that order.

In reality I'd prefer Kim out of Korea.
    I doubt Story or Lindor would cost the Reds their top minor league talent - namely Lodolo, Greene and Stephenson. Got a feeling they'll go for more of a Yelich or Greinke price.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I doubt Story or Lindor would cost the Reds their top minor league talent - namely Lodolo, Greene and Stephenson. Got a feeling they'll go for more of a Yelich or Greinke price.
    Lindor and Story are one-year players. Free agents after 2021. Don’t recall that being the case with Yelich or Greinke.

Personally, I have no interest in trading for a one-year shortstop unless the consideration is very light. Such as a prospect Reds don’t really love and would rather use for trade bait. Or a contract Reds would rather shed.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-30-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lindor and Story are one-year players. Free agents after 2021. Don’t recall that being the case with Yelich or Greinke.

Personally, I have no interest in trading for a one-year shortstop unless the consideration is very light. Such as a prospect Reds don’t really love and would rather use for trade bait. Or a contract Reds would rather shed.
    It wasn't the case with Yelich or Greinke, and neither cost tip top prospects even with multiple years left on their deals. That's why I'm thinking Story and Lindor won't cost that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

My guess is the Reds are hoping someone wants India. I think that may be why they are moving off of Lindor. I think the Indians are asking for something significant (mostly to save face) and the Reds are pushing India, and the Indians will not bite. Now they are moving on to the Rockies and hoping they are interested.

Prediction if this comes to fruition: India will mash in Colorado and Reds fan are going to moan for next 5 years.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-02-2020)

Looking beyond the question of what it would take to get Lindor or Story, I don't see what makes Lodolo untouchable. I like him quite a bit but he hasn't pitched higher than A ball yet and he doesn't have the raw stuff of a Hunter Greene.

Greene and Stephenson I'd be very hard pressed to deal. Lodolo, Garcia, and especially Jonathan India, I have little issue with trading them in the right deal.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-02-2020)

Jeter Downs and Josiah Gray weren’t top prospects and I am guessing the Reds regret trading them. The Reds need all the young talent possible at this point.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It wasn't the case with Yelich or Greinke, and neither cost tip top prospects even with multiple years left on their deals. That's why I'm thinking Story and Lindor won't cost that either.
    Not only would Reds be taking on a one-year player. But they’d be paying that player’s salary for a year. In this environment, that’s a meaningful give up.

So maybe they’d have leverage enough to make a very favorable trade, in terms of players.

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-01-2020),M2 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Jeter Downs and Josiah Gray weren’t top prospects and I am guessing the Reds regret trading them. The Reds need all the young talent possible at this point.
    I don't. If the Reds got them back I'd trade them again.

20. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (12-01-2020),Edd Roush (12-01-2020),HammerTime (12-01-2020),Mitri (11-30-2020),Norm Chortleton (12-01-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020),savafan (12-01-2020),Tom Servo (11-30-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-30-2020)

I don't. If the Reds got them back I'd trade them again.
    Yeah the guys they traded them for obviously didn't contribute like they hoped but the idea behind the trades was fine. I'm not in favor of "emptying" the farm exactly but hoarding prospects got the Reds absolutely nowhere for years.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

HammerTime (12-01-2020),M2 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020),savafan (12-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?