Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Morosi: Reds prioritizing the addition of a shortstop

Re: Morosi: Reds prioritizing the addition of a shortstop

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't. If the Reds got them back I'd trade them again.
    I assume you enjoyed the last five years and the lost decade.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My guess is the Reds are hoping someone wants India. I think that may be why they are moving off of Lindor. I think the Indians are asking for something significant (mostly to save face) and the Reds are pushing India, and the Indians will not bite. Now they are moving on to the Rockies and hoping they are interested.

Prediction if this comes to fruition: India will mash in Colorado and Reds fan are going to moan for next 5 years.
    Reds say India looked great at Prasco this year, had played hurt the previous season.

His name seems to always surface as trade bait.

I’d be very unhappy if they trade him for a one-year player. India has a great pedigree and agree he has a good chance to rake in the majors when ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah the guys they traded them for obviously didn't contribute like they hoped but the idea behind the trades was fine. I'm not in favor of "emptying" the farm exactly but hoarding prospects got the Reds absolutely nowhere for years.
    The Reds weren’t hoarding prospects, they were tanking on purpose.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Looking beyond the question of what it would take to get Lindor or Story, I don't see what makes Lodolo untouchable. I like him quite a bit but he hasn't pitched higher than A ball yet and he doesn't have the raw stuff of a Hunter Greene.

Greene and Stephenson I'd be very hard pressed to deal. Lodolo, Garcia, and especially Jonathan India, I have little issue with trading them in the right deal.
    Nice to see someone agrees with my stance on Lodolo, I don’t get the hype either. Looks like a MOR/BOR arm to me. If you can get Lindor for him you absolutely do it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds say India looked great at Prasco this year, had played hurt the previous season.

I’d be very unhappy if they trade him for a one-year player. India has a great pedigree and agree he has a good chance to rake in the majors when ready.
    I don’t know if he has a good chance to rake in the majors, I am specifically referring to Colorado.

He kind of has a pedigree. Prior to his junior season at Florida he was a nothing prospect. He had a great junior year and shot up the boards. He then joined the reds and was very mediocre throughout his minor league career. His pedigree is based on exactly 1 season of college baseball.

And I am no India hater, I have been one of the only reds fans on the minor league board to defend him against the horde led by the villainous Tom Servo.

I don't. If the Reds got them back I'd trade them again.
    I haven’t lost an ounce of sleep over Downs and Gray.

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-01-2020),M2 (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Reds weren’t hoarding prospects, they were tanking on purpose.
    Tomato/Toeeeemaaahhhhttooooh ~ Mark Hamill/Patrick Stewart impression

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I haven’t lost an ounce of sleep over Downs and Gray.
    Same, I think Gray will be a solid reliever for the dodgers. Meh.

I kinda have a feeling Downs will be something, but don’t really care. I’m rooting for him.

I assume you enjoyed the last five years and the lost decade.
    Were those caused by not having Jeter Downs and Josiah Gray?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'd do backflips if India was the primary piece in a Lindor/Story deal. If the Reds can find the money to bring one of those guys in, I say go for it.

I'd rather they hang onto Stephenson, Greene and Lodolo.

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-30-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I’d definitely do Lodolo and India for either of those shortstops. Hell I forgot India existed.

Were those caused by not having Jeter Downs and Josiah Gray?
    The only time the Reds were good was 2010-2013. That was the after they held onto their prospects and let them develop. That resulted in a core of Votto, Bruce, Cueto, and Bailey.

More importantly, the Reds are talent poor and prospect poor. Going for one year players right now will just set them back for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t know if he has a good chance to rake in the majors, I am specifically referring to Colorado.

He kind of has a pedigree. Prior to his junior season at Florida he was a nothing prospect. He had a great junior year and shot up the boards. He then joined the reds and was very mediocre throughout his minor league career. His pedigree is based on exactly 1 season of college baseball.

And I am no India hater, I have been one of the only reds fans on the minor league board to defend him against the horde led by the villainous Tom Servo.
    India was SEC Player of the Year. He was the #5 pick in the MLB draft. That’s a pretty fair pedigree.

The upside is too high to trade him at this point for a one-year return. It’s “sell low” on a kid with great potential.

One-year acquisitions can go bad very easily. Couple of injuries mess up the season. It’s a hit or miss situation and I’d rather hold onto my top group of prospects.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-30-2020 at 10:18 PM.

I kind of took the India happy talk as "he looked so good and some other team totally ought to trade for him."

19. Likes:

757690 (11-30-2020),Mitri (11-30-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-30-2020),Tom Servo (12-01-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-30-2020)

India was SEC Player of the Year. He was the #5 pick in the MLB draft. That’s a pretty fair pedigree.

The upside is way too high for me to trade him at this point for a one-year return. It’s “sell low” on a kid with great potential.

One-year acquisitions can go bad very easily. I’d be very reluctant to trade much future potential in such a deal.
    India’s realistic ceiling is not remotely as good as Story or Lindor. Reds are in win-now mode. If you can get either of those players for a dude that has disappointed for his entire minor league career to this point and isn’t even young anymore (turns 24 in 2 weeks) you absolutely do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of took the India happy talk as "he looked so good and some other team totally ought to trade for him."
    Bingo

The only time the Reds were good was 2010-2013. That was the after they held onto their prospects and let them develop. That resulted in a core of Votto, Bruce, Cueto, and Bailey.

More importantly, the Reds are talent poor and prospect poor. Going for one year players right now will just set them back for a longer period of time.
    I'm not worried about Downs or Gray becoming franchise leading talents.

Turn Off Ads?