Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I didn't know until my appointment which one it was going to be. I ended up getting the Pfizer vaccine, so round two is in three weeks.

I've got a bit of arm soreness at the injection site, but it's not bothersome at all. That's all by way of a reaction so far. I've heard from people who have received both doses to expect to feel lousy for a day after receiving the second dose.
    I got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. I ended up with some fatigue and a headache in the following 24 hours. Nothing that kept me from working.

2. Likes:

757690 (01-13-2021),kaldaniels (01-13-2021),M2 (01-13-2021),paintmered (01-14-2021),Redsfaithful (01-14-2021),RFS62 (01-13-2021),WrongVerb (01-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

More Vaccines is only a good thing:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/13/h...als/index.html

Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine generates immune response, few side effects, in early trials
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

kaldaniels (01-14-2021),Redsfaithful (01-14-2021)

I guess I gotta say it again.

Ron Desantis is running laps around every other governor in America as it relates to this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Ron Desantis is running laps around every other governor in America as it relates to this virus.
    What a weird thing to think. How do you think Florida has done a better job than Hawaii at 312 deaths? Maine at 453? Maine might be older on average than Florida. Oregon, Utah, Washington have also all done ok compared to the field.

Over 23k deaths in Florida, triple the deaths/million rate of Oregon, with one of the best climates in the country for dealing with this. You can eat outdoors year round in most of the state.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

8. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021),mth123 (01-14-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021),SteelSD (01-16-2021),westofyou (01-14-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-14-2021)

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid ‘forever’

...hopefully at reduced mortaility and infection rates, like the other 4 endemics we have already.

Still. Not the greatest headline in the world. Kind of misleading, honestly.

CNBC, everyone.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    What a weird thing to think. How do you think Florida has done a better job than Hawaii at 312 deaths? Maine at 453? Maine might be older on average than Florida. Oregon, Utah, Washington have also all done ok compared to the field.

Over 23k deaths in Florida, triple the deaths/million rate of Oregon, with one of the best climates in the country for dealing with this. You can eat outdoors year round in most of the state.
    I wouldn't say he's "running laps" but he's done much better than the narrative that's been given by many. For obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

You know why
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid ‘forever’

...hopefully at reduced mortaility and infection rates, like the other 4 endemics we have already.

Still. Not the greatest headline in the world. Kind of misleading, honestly.

CNBC, everyone.
    While not mentioned (though an interview with him is plugged on the link) in this interview, it seems CNBC contributor/ex-FDA chief/current Pfizer board member Scott Gottlieb is driving (or being used to drive) quite a bit of sensational news on CNBC. Sometimes warranted, but sometimes it sure seems like fishing for clicks.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 01-14-2021 at 09:01 AM.

13. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

In my view, no state or governor has done what you would call a good job and it's a pretty wild claim to say one is running laps around the others. But they were all set up to fail. It seems to me the every-state-for-itself strategy at the federal level has been a disaster and was doomed from the start. It's unnecessarily divided us and created interstate rivalries, which no one is better off for in a public health crisis.
    Last edited by Reds Freak; 01-14-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

15. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-14-2021),M2 (01-14-2021),Redsfaithful (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021),westofyou (01-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    In my view, no state or governor has done what you would call a good job and it's a pretty wild claim to say one is running laps around the others. But they were all set up to fail. It seems to me the every-state-for-itself strategy at the federal level has been a disaster and was doomed from the start. It's unnecessarily divided us and created interstate rivalries, which no one is better off for in a public health crisis.
    OMG. . . .COVID created a East/West coast vs Middle America bias?? What provocative thinking.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what else the Feds could've done. Or else we'd have done it by now.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 01-14-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    In all seriousness, I'm not sure what else the Feds could've done. Or else we'd have done it by now.
    Since this isn't the P&R board, I won't get into that beyond saying lots and you'll soon start to see some of it.
    Last edited by M2; 01-14-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

OMG. . . .COVID created a East/West coast vs Middle America bias?? What provocative thinking.

I shouldn't have used the word created as state rivalries have obviously existed, but there's no reason to deepen them during a national crisis. What more could the feds have done? They could have started by making sure everyone was singing out of the same hymnal, if not on the same tune. There was certainly going to be some regional differences in how different areas handled things, but the overall messaging should have been consistent.

For me, the way we handled the COVID crisis from the beginning would be akin to FDR leaving it up to the states if they wanted their citizens to participate in WWII or allowing governors the choice if they should convert factories into war production.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

19. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    you'll soon start to see some of it.
    Ominous

The President of the United States not saying it was a hoax through February would have probably been a start
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ominous

23. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021)

Turn Off Ads?