Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part IX

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You are volunteering to help people who are dying. The employers gains nothing out of this. But even if they did, who cares?

If people are dying, and I can help, then I will help, no questions asked.
    The employer gains nothing? So my labor for them should always be free then, right? If my business is saving lives? Who should EVER get paid to do that?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The employer gains nothing? So my labor for them should always be free then, right? If my business is saving lives? Who should EVER get paid to do that?
    Again, the slippery slope is a fallacious argument.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Again, the slippery slope is a fallacious argument.
    It is if it’s a slippery slope argument. You’re being categorical here. So your argument is bad.

Yeah I would never ever offer free labor to my employer.

Especially if it were something along the lines as high risk as “please volunteer in our Covid-slammed hospitals.” If that’s not your typical role, that’s something you should be receiving hazard pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-13-2021)

Let's get the conversation back on topic. If you'd like to continue this discussion, please do so in the sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah I would never ever offer free labor to my employer.

Especially if it were something along the lines as high risk as “please volunteer in our Covid-slammed hospitals.” If that’s not your typical role, that’s something you should be receiving hazard pay for.
    I’ll end with this:

If people are dying and I can help, I don’t worry if I am offering free labor to anyone.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

https://khn.org/news/article/health-...st-amid-covid/

Lol. Now health care workers are taking a greater interest in unions since Covid.

https://khn.org/news/article/health-...st-amid-covid/

Lol. Now health care workers are taking a greater interest in unions since Covid.
    1907 FCB

LOL, Now Meat packing workers are taking a greater interest in unions since Sinclair published "The Jungle"

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    You know which one? I got Moderna. Absolutely no side effects. Arm only sore if I poke it where I got the shot.
    I didn't know until my appointment which one it was going to be. I ended up getting the Pfizer vaccine, so round two is in three weeks.

I've got a bit of arm soreness at the injection site, but it's not bothersome at all. That's all by way of a reaction so far. I've heard from people who have received both doses to expect to feel lousy for a day after receiving the second dose.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-13-2021 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Correcting autocorrect
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

12. Likes:

JaxRed (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I didn't know until my appointment which one it was going to be. I ended up getting the Pfizer vaccine, so round two is in three weeks.

I've got a bit of arm soreness at the injection site, but it's not bothersome at all. That's all by way of a reaction so far. I've heard from people who have received both sides to expect to feel lousy for a day after receiving the second dose.
    My arm was sore, that was about it. I did lay low though

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    1907 FCB

LOL, Now Meat packing workers are taking a greater interest in unions since Sinclair published "The Jungle"
    I guess I don’t understand your position on this: should health care workers get paid and be protected or not?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

I've got a bit of arm soreness at the injection site, but it's not bothersome at all. That's all by way of a reaction so far. I've heard from people who have received both sides to expect to feel lousy for a day after receiving the second dose.
    I do have to say though ..... it's starting to become obvious that all the cool kids get Moderna !!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I do have to say though ..... it's starting to become obvious that all the cool kids get Moderna !!
    I'm not cool, so I'd say that that's accurate.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

17. Likes:

JaxRed (01-13-2021)

I guess I don’t understand your position on this: should health care workers get paid and be protected or not?
    I'm pro workers having representation which sadly often only becomes an obvious need when things go awry.

10 million have now received their first dose.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

Turn Off Ads?