Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part XX

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    It's not years lost, it's months lost.
    In the aggregate, whatever that number is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dry tinder/bring forward means that a low kill winter might lead to a high-kill spring and that migtht to a subsequent low kill winter.

Numbers work that way.

We all know that baseball players have low luck years that lead to high luck years and then subsequent low luck years.

We're just now pretending that this bog-standard, Bill James, Moneyball thing isn't a thing -- cuz Trump.

We're all Cam Bonifay.

Swedish All-Cause Mortality less than 2019.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ber-of-deaths/

What a disaster.
    In case you don't know -- this is GOOD news. It means that Covid is a fairly benign disease that doesn't require an extreme response.

Now if you're intent on catastrophe for political reasons, it might not be good news.

But there's still a small chance it kills a lot people.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Rojo; 12-10-2020 at 12:39 AM.

I mean say, a elder-killing flu hits in January instead of December, shouldn't we consider that when comparing years?
    Have you run the numbers on what the possible count would be if the approach was something you could agree with? If so please share them, if not then maybe we attempt to get an understanding on what would happen and then debate if that is acceptable?

Currently all we can debate is the reality, what about the theoretical?

People build models for a reason (hence why we had a spring shutdown) I'd like to see one for the other side if anyone can point me that way I'd like to see it.

I mean say, a elder-killing flu hits in January instead of December, shouldn't we consider that when comparing years?
    I guess now that I’m a senior citizen at the age of 68, I’ll dispute that. I have 3 friends my age or slightly older that were doing fine. No reason to expect their demise was imminent before that. All normally healthy. Should have had *years* left. COVID cut them down in a matter of 14-21 days.

Just like me. I am in excellent health, take care of myself, still work, and expect to be around more than months longer.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

757690 (12-10-2020),dubc47834 (12-10-2020),Larkin Fan (12-10-2020),mth123 (12-10-2020),Redsfaithful (12-10-2020),Revering4Blue (12-12-2020),RFS62 (12-11-2020)

9. Likes:

757690 (12-11-2020),GAC (12-11-2020),westofyou (12-10-2020)

Name:  130880056_3837983956233069_4316925680674349976_n.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  50.8 KB

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Name:  130880056_3837983956233069_4316925680674349976_n.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  50.8 KB
    I know you’ve already been banned before for this super embarrassing schtick and probably won’t be here long anyway, but can you please go be an idiot somewhere else

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-11-2020),Revering4Blue (12-10-2020),RFS62 (12-11-2020),Strikes Out Looking (12-10-2020),westofyou (12-11-2020)

If some of you individuals on here don't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask, feel free. Just stay the hell away from the rest of us. How hard is that?

I came to see some quality information here and all I'm catching is conspiracy theories and people getting sucked into responding to them even though they know better.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    If some of you individuals on here don't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask, feel free. Just stay the hell away from the rest of us. How hard is that?
    "Wear the star or don't show your face in public..."

We're on to your game now.

He's gone. So soon. So sad.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-12-2020),WrongVerb (12-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Just stay the hell away from the rest of us. How hard is that?
    Ironically, this is what countless Americans and business owners have been asking for the better part of a year now.

Don't wanna risk it? Don't. But let us work and earn.

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-11-2020),jimbo (12-11-2020)

As for the vaccine, I'm as skeptical as anyone, but I will absolutely take it. After most of my fellow Americans of course. I'm low risk and not in a hurry heh.

Just wanna be sure!

21. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-11-2020)

And that pretty much tells the story. I think it's an unavoidable path, and the proper path to take, regardless of any further efforts leadership may try to take to slow the spread. Valuable lessons (I hope) were learned by leadership from the actions they took in the "first round". We need to continue our daily lives, fight for some degree of normalcy, while taking those necessary precautions until the above is achieved. And that is science talking.

On a different front ....

Last weekend my brothers and I got the scare of our lives. For the last 9+ months we've done everything to protect our Mom (92), and older sister (69), who share a home made into a double. My older sister, when considering this virus, would be at the top of the high risk class, facing mortality, if she caught it. For 40+ years, due to an auto-immune disorder, she has spent a huge portion of her life in and out of hospitals and clinics. She has suffered immensely to say the least, and primarily because of her immune system. She's only 4 years older then me; but the last time she was in the hospital the nurse though it was my Mom's sister. That's the physical toll it took on my sister.

So one can understand the huge precautions taken to protect these loved ones. Last Saturday my sister got the flu bad. They took her to the ER, did the test, sent her home, and it came back Tuesday she has Covid. I'm going nuts with worry. But she's going to be OK. She had that one bad day (Sunday), and as the week has progressed she has gotten better. She said she doesn't have any of the flu symptoms, they disappeared after a couple days, she's just really tired, weak, and wants to sleep all the time. There's no respiratory symptoms. But me and the brothers are keeping an eye on here (and Mom). Mom tested negative.

When I look back over the last few months at my "circle" of family, friends, and acquaintences that have been infected, what amazes me the most is the varience in symptoms. I've seen those with questionable/poor health, even respiratory issues like COPD, suffer with mild symptoms and recover .... while I've seen healthy, younger adults, while not hospitalized, go through hell with what they said was a really bad flu for a week or more. Just strange.

I don't say this to diminish the effects of this virus. But it's just encouraging, good news. My God! If my sister can survive this thing, without even being hospitalized, then that furthers my belief that we will come out of this. Just keep doing what we're doing as best we can. The people I really feel for (and pray) are those that live in, or near, our major metropolis'. With such a large concentration of people it's still hard to stop the spread.

Be safe!

As or the vaccine? I'm not questioning anyone's skepticism; but waiting to see scientific data - other then it was rushed - that support your skepticism over this vaccine? I took the time to look at what was involved in those three phases of the vaccine trials. And with FDA approval I'm satisfied and will have no qualms in getting it.

Besides, we're all so far down on that list that by the time it gets to us we'll know one way or another.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-11-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

23. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-11-2020),jimbo (12-11-2020),M2 (12-11-2020),Redsfaithful (12-11-2020),Revering4Blue (12-12-2020)

Turn Off Ads?