Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part XX

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A sidebar rant about open concept.... it’s supposed to promote teamwork and cooperation but the problem is, about 2/3 of our work is heads-down concentrating work. And that’s hard. You can hear every conversation within about 50 feet at least. And I sit next to my manager who has people in his area about 90% of the time. So everyone wears headphones to blot out the noise which defeats the whole communication thing. Not to mention we had the same thing happen where if one person catches a cold or flu, you can bet on it spreading through the whole floor. I have made my opinion widely known and have ranted on my VP about it. Even they don’t like but they say that we had no choice. I’m still trying to find who the **** made the decision and go off on them for such a stupid decision.
    My company just built new shiny HQ that's set to open next month. Open concept. Every single person is dreading. Such a bad idea.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Likes:

SteelSD (12-14-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Our company was moving to more of an open concept look with less space for everyone. Luckily, I'm a lawyer. And lawyers require private offices with doors. And if you don't think that's necessary, don't you dare tell the powers that be here!

5. Likes:

westofyou (12-14-2020)

I thought there had been studies done that definitively show the open concept doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I thought there had been studies done that definitively show the open concept doesn't work.
    There have, but there wasn't enough data until the last few years I think. It became "the thing" to do there for a while and now there's enough examples over a long enough period of time to draw pretty clear conclusions.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    My company just built new shiny HQ that's set to open next month. Open concept. Every single person is dreading. Such a bad idea.
    Just hope that they don't also roll out the "Fish" book to try to force you to have "fun" at your job without ever asking your thoughts about what "fun" is.

And, if you accidentally run into some "fun", you'll be told that the "fun" you're having is way too loud and/or that you're not having the kind of "fun" your boss thinks you should be having and/or it's not the kind of "fun" that your subordinates want.

I'm not into book burning, but if every copy of that stupid book spontaneously combusted, I'd throw a party.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I want Trump and his family to get the vaccine first in the hopes that it encourages their followers to get it.
    Why would they need encouragement? Who is telling them not to get it? The ones who were casting doubt in the public minds over this vaccine was who again? ....

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccin...zation-1535559
    Last edited by GAC; 12-15-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Why would they need encouragement? Who is telling them not to get it? The ones who were casting doubt in the public minds over this vaccine was who again? ....

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccin...zation-1535559
    Republicans are far less likely than Democrats to say they will be vaccinated against the coronavirus once a vaccine is ready. In the latest Economist/YouGov Poll, slightly more Republicans say they won’t be vaccinated as say they will, and nearly a third aren’t sure what they will do. Half of Democrats will get the vaccine.
    https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...etting-vaccina

If we're being real, anyone healthy who has the slightest bit of skepticism about the vetting process for this vaccine doesn't have to say much at all. They can just hang out, wait and see what happens to the first responders and old folks, then make an informed decision in June or whenever their number finally comes up.

...And in the meantime, many of them can even pretend they would be totally down with getting the vaccine right now. Because there is no need to mention things like Trump threatening to fire the head of the FDA if he didn't approve the Pfizer vaccine. No need to mention things like that at all. As long as we're still all good in June.

Yep. Good times.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If we're being real, anyone healthy who has the slightest bit of skepticism about the vetting process for this vaccine doesn't have to say much at all. They can just hang out, wait and see what happens to the first responders and old folks, then make an informed decision in June or whenever their number finally comes up.

...And in the meantime, many of them can even pretend they would be totally down with getting the vaccine right now. Because there is no need to mention things like Trump threatening to fire the head of the FDA if he didn't approve the Pfizer vaccine. No need to mention things like that at all. As long as we're still all good in June.

Yep. Good times.
    I'll get it in 20 years. Or not, because by then C-19 will probably be a toothless palooka of a germ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'll get it in 20 years. Or not, because by then C-19 will probably be a toothless palooka of a germ.
    Yeah, god forbid you actually do anything to assist with building that herd immunity you railed on about for months.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think that's important too. Like them or dislike them (or indifferent to them), there are 70 million potential carriers of disease out there who voted for Trump 6 weeks ago. More or less of them depending on where you live, but you're not "safe" from them anywhere. Best to get those folks on board the vaccine train!
    I like how you guys imply all Trump voters are ignorant to the virus and are otherwise unable to care for themselves unless their dear leader shows them the way. Like they're some zombies you're unable to connect with.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with working class Americans of all races souring to the left and trending GOP last month. I doubt it's a bubble you guys live in. I wouldn't worry about it.

Vulnerable Trump supporters will get the vaccine, just like vulnerable Biden supporters will. Hopefully sooner than others.

17. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-16-2020),mole44 (12-16-2020),Rojo (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If we're being real, anyone healthy who has the slightest bit of skepticism about the vetting process for this vaccine doesn't have to say much at all. They can just hang out, wait and see what happens.
    Pretty much exactly what I'm gonna do. I know I'm at an extremely low risk to this virus so I'll wait it out and let the more vulnerable vaccinate.

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-16-2020),GAC (12-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I like how you guys imply all Trump voters are ignorant to the virus and are otherwise unable to care for themselves unless their dear leader shows them the way. Like they're some zombies you're unable to connect with.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with working class Americans of all races souring to the left and trending GOP last month. I doubt it's a bubble you guys live in. I wouldn't worry about it.

Vulnerable Trump supporters will get the vaccine, just like vulnerable Biden supporters will. Hopefully sooner than others.
    For the record, this is what I said:

I want Trump and his family to get the vaccine first in the hopes that it encourages their followers to get it.
    I have no idea how you got what you said out of that.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

For the record, this is what I said:
    I have no idea how you got what you said out of that.
    You're right. I attributed some of what I read from him to you. Your post wasn't condescending to half of America like his was. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah, god forbid you actually do anything to assist with building that herd immunity you railed on about for months.
    Does the vaccine prevent transmission?

Turn Off Ads?