Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Things are going to be on an upward trajectory from here on out. I still think by April/May this will mostly be over because hospitalizations and deaths will be close to zero by then and that's all people cares about at this point.

Masks will need to be worn until fall probably, but we're almost done.
    It will probably depend on what state you live in, but I see mask mandates and most other restrictions outside of very large gatherings being lifted in most states by June. They will be encouraged, but not mandated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Only 19k doses in Ohio after several days of being in the mid to high 30k range.

I wonder if weekend reporting lags similar to how it does with cases or if there just legitimately fewer doses being given on the weekend?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I called Kroger today at 4, they said they had an extra dose from a no show appointment, and that after the last appointment at 4:45 they could give it to me. I get there 10 minutes early, go ask them to make sure they still had it. They had just given it to another person that was there right before me.

I want to ****ing scream right now. I have completely ****ing had it with all the pandemic bull****. I can’t ****ing tolerate sitting in my empty ****ing apartment every goddamn day isolated to myself, but I also don’t feel safe at all going anywhere to be around other people because I don’t want to take my chances with this ****ing virus. God ****ing dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I called Kroger today at 4, they said they had an extra dose from a no show appointment, and that after the last appointment at 4:45 they could give it to me. I get there 10 minutes early, go ask them to make sure they still had it. They had just given it to another person that was there right before me.

I want to ****ing scream right now. I have completely ****ing had it with all the pandemic bull****. I can’t ****ing tolerate sitting in my empty ****ing apartment every goddamn day isolated to myself, but I also don’t feel safe at all going anywhere to be around other people because I don’t want to take my chances with this ****ing virus. God ****ing dammit.
    Stay the course man, you’ve made it this far...don’t give up on getting your vaccine in the near future.

Heck, I’d pull a “let me speak to the manager” and calmly/politely explain what happened - the least they owe you is to let you be the next “on-deck” guy.

Best of luck man, we all love you.

6. Likes:

757690 (01-25-2021),Edd Roush (01-25-2021),Redsfaithful (01-26-2021),Revering4Blue (01-25-2021)

I'm on another list-serve for my community. All the over 75 people who are in group 1B had their appointments cancelled today due to running out of the vaccine.

I still have no idea how the vaccine is being doled out - seems that there has been little to no transparency in the whole enterprise.

A couple thoughts...

1) This is a really crappy time where there's enough people getting the vaccine and enough people not being about to get the vaccine that it does create high tensions.

2) Biden said today that by the spring, anyone that wants a vaccine should be able to get one. Maybe a bit out ahead of his skis on that one but he's probably in the ballpark.

3) The preliminary results out of Israel are amazing.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...eli-hmo-656678

The preliminary results shared by Maccabi showed that only 20 people out of some 128,600 who received both shots have since been infected with the COVID-19 virus.
    As opposed to...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/week-a...lis-get-covid/

Leading immunologist Cyrille Cohen told The Times of Israel that among the general population, around 0.65% are infected in a given week.
    4) So as I said above we have come so far thru this...the light is at the end of the tunnel.

9. Likes:

NachoMan (01-25-2021),Redsfaithful (01-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    A couple thoughts...

1) This is a really crappy time where there's enough people getting the vaccine and enough people not being about to get the vaccine that it does create high tensions.

2) Biden said today that by the spring, anyone that wants a vaccine should be able to get one. Maybe a bit out ahead of his skis on that one but he's probably in the ballpark.

3) The preliminary results out of Israel are amazing.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...eli-hmo-656678

As opposed to...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/week-a...lis-get-covid/

4) So as I said above we have come so far thru this...the light is at the end of the tunnel.
    Meh, I mean if you get enough people from 55-60 and above, we'll be OK in terms of deaths. The biggest jump in death rates, proportionally speaking, seems to be from the 50-59 to the 60-69 age group with 4x the jump from the previous age group. Every other group is 3x before the previous age group. But the 60-69 age group, at least in Indiana, is still a 99.5% survival rate. That's a remarkably good number for that age group.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Stay the course man, you’ve made it this far...don’t give up on getting your vaccine in the near future.

Heck, I’d pull a “let me speak to the manager” and calmly/politely explain what happened - the least they owe you is to let you be the next “on-deck” guy.

Best of luck man, we all love you.
    Thanks man.

They basically told me to call back around 2 each day and keep checking. I’m kinda confused because yesterday (and today over the phone?) they told me the last appointments were between 4-5. I asked them if they were able to take my name down over the phone if they did have extras but they said they couldn’t do that. I think their position is that anyone is lucky at all if they get an extra dose. They also told me it’s pretty rare that they have leftovers, so I don’t feel good about my chances of getting one basically before everyone else can.

I’m really in a really piss poor mood right now because this could’ve been over for me in about a month if this hadn’t worked out the way it did. At this rate I think it’ll probably be mid April, with a less effective vaccine at that. And everyday of this garbage feels like eternity for me at this point. I really wish they had put PTSD/other severe mental health disorders on the priority list, because there’s a lot of stuff I would be doing to cope right now that I don’t feel safe doing until I’m vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Only 19k doses in Ohio after several days of being in the mid to high 30k range.

I wonder if weekend reporting lags similar to how it does with cases or if there just legitimately fewer doses being given on the weekend?
    Nationwide it dropped to 723k. Pretty huge drop from the 5 days before. That almost certainly just has to be a reporting thing I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

Are you immunocompromised?

Florida flip flopping on how many vaccines they have left:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/po...5eu-story.html

the White House wasn’t questioning the need for second doses, and DeSantis’ response either reflected a sudden change in Florida’s policies or falsely implied the state was keeping unused shots in reserve for use as booster shots.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

At the end of the day, it is still a business - https://news.yahoo.com/five-six-dose...144318589.html

NY undercounted Covid deaths in nursing homes by up to 50%. Perhaps the governor should write another book about this or go on CNN for another softball interview with his brother about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/n...ths-cuomo.html

17. Likes:

mole44 (01-28-2021),NachoMan (01-28-2021),redhawkfish (01-28-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-28-2021),RiverRat13 (01-28-2021),Todd Gack (01-28-2021)

BTW.... Thank you mods for the cleanup taken early this morning in this thread.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

19. Likes:

Larkin Fan (01-28-2021)

Sleeping causes me to miss all the drama

Turn Off Ads?