Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sleeping causes me to miss all the drama
    Rojo unloaded after his ban was over. Saying he was right and the lockdowns are killing more people than COVID and he is being censored because he doesn’t buy into the COVID hoax and blah blah blah.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-28-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Rojo unloaded after his ban was over. Saying he was right and the lockdowns are killing more people than COVID and he is being censored because he doesn’t buy into the COVID hoax and blah blah blah.
    Consistency, madam, is the first of Christian duties.

~ Charlotte Bronte

5. Likes:

M2 (01-28-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    lol I saw the first one of those posts

They call me "chef"

There was a time when I would have joined you all in poking fun at Rojo but I lost my sense of humor after Boss Hog shut down the Taiwanese protester sub-forum at the behest of the Chinese government last year.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

nm
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 01-28-2021 at 08:40 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/healt...lts/index.html

JNJ vaccine is 66% effective, but 85% effective against preventing severe cases.

Keep giving at risk and old people the good stuff, start giving everyone else this one.

Johnson and Johnson shot shows good efficacy but not as strong as Moderna or Pfizer. If it is indeed ready in April, it would be nice if coordination would allow for JNJ's shot to be distributed to college campuses. Wouldn't have to worry about finding students on summer break for the second shot, and it is a population that rarely has severe cases.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/healt...lts/index.html

JNJ vaccine is 66% effective, but 85% effective against preventing severe cases.

Keep giving at risk and old people the good stuff, start giving everyone else this one.
    100% at preventing hospitalization and death, which is what it’s all about.

That’s not what the study was set up to measure I’ll add, but that’s good news. Plus JNJ is studying 2-dose series.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    100% at preventing hospitalization and death, which is what it’s all about.

That’s not what the study was set up to measure I’ll add, but that’s good news. Plus JNJ is studying 2-dose series.
    It’s 100% after 28 days it looks like and 85% overall. Still pretty solid and certainly good enough for younger, not at risk people.

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It’s 100% after 28 days it looks like and 85% overall. Still pretty solid and certainly good enough for younger, not at risk people.
    85% is severe cases, however that is determined.

Hosp/Death is 100%.

100% on severe cases at 49 days.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 01-29-2021 at 01:35 PM.

57% is still high enough to create herd immunity and stopping the spread of the the virus. There are many years in which the flu vaccine is only around 50% effective.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    57% is still high enough to create herd immunity and stopping the spread of the the virus. There are many years in which the flu vaccine is only around 50% effective.
    I don't believe we have herd immunity against the flu, though, which is why we have to continue to get vaccinated. The studies I've seen say you need above 80% to establish herd immunity.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I don't believe we have herd immunity against the flu, though, which is why we have to continue to get vaccinated. The studies I've seen say you need above 80% to establish herd immunity.
    The flu changes each year -- which is why you need to get vaccinated each year.

19. Likes:

757690 (01-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    The flu changes each year -- which is why you need to get vaccinated each year.
    Right, this too could change and boosters will be needed. I got my second shot today, still have more slots on my vaccination card in case a booster needs to be tracked

21. Likes:

757690 (01-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?