Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

I'm somewhat disappointed. I saw Outbreak and Cuba Gooding whipped one up in like 15 minutes.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I had the first shot of the shingles vaccine recently-- it knocked me on my butt for 36 hours.
    The second one put me down for a day, so prepare for that.

I had shingles a few years back. Not something you want to get. I was weak for several months.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    The second one put me down for a day, so prepare for that.
    That matches my wife's experience. Hit it her about 12 hours after the second dose, and it knocked her on her backside for the day. After another night of sleep, she was back to feeling normal again. I get my turn this week.

The big thing is for folks to not confuse feeling sick with being sick. Feeling lousy for a while means the vaccine is working as it should. But do keep a light schedule that next day, and have a warm blanket and a selection of tea on hand.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-31-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

5. Likes:

westofyou (02-01-2021)

Colorado having a mass vaccination at Coors Field this weekend. 10,000 first doses. 5K each day. It's a Drive-In operation where they give you shots as you hang your arm out the car window. Some videos online. Seems like it's going pretty well.

Colorado is doing 70+ as far as age. Their governor expects to hit 70% of seniors by the end of February.

I don't mind the stadium distribution centers, but in my neck of the woods the people who live near and frequent them are not the folks supposedly at the top of the priority list. It's the people who've been on the fringes this disease has hit hardest and one of the big challenges facing state governments is figuring out how to get shots into their arms.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/dod...012430216.html

The mass vaccination site at Dodger Stadium was reportedly shut down for about an hour on Saturday after a group of anti-vaccination protesters gathered around the entrance to the stadium’s parking lots.

Authorities at the scene reportedly responded to the arrival of the protesters — estimated to be around 30 in number — by closing off the facility, leaving hundreds of drivers and passengers to wait in line outside the stadium.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Some people who insist wearing a mask is their choice and none of your business have an odd and fervent commitment to preventing other people from getting vaccines.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

mth123 (01-31-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-31-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-31-2021),WrongVerb (01-31-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's actually miraculous how good the vaccines have turned out. Imagine a reality where it really had taken 5-10 years to get to this point.
    I hope that these scientists who worked on the vaccines are well rewarded after this is all over.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I hope that these scientists who worked on the vaccines are well rewarded after this is all over.
    They should get an ID card which they can display at bars etc.

13. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Some people who insist wearing a mask is their choice and none of your business have an odd and fervent commitment to preventing other people from getting vaccines.
    There are nutjobs everywhere. Just read this thread for proof.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

M2 (01-31-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-31-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

People talk about lasting effects of Covid, and I have a weird one. Everything else is normal, except that it absolutely killed my sweet tooth. Anything sweet just tastes weird. I never ate a lot of that stuff anyway, but now I can't even touch it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    There are nutjobs everywhere. Just read this thread for proof.
    Or read this: https://www.npr.org/2021/01/26/96099...rbXLvZ47hSjPSI

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's actually miraculous how good the vaccines have turned out. Imagine a reality where it really had taken 5-10 years to get to this point.
    Isn't it true that they actually had these vaccines ready to go last Jan/February already but we finally got it approved 10 months later because that's legitimately the fastest it took to get through the trials, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Anecdotally I am finding it funny that there are *some* people getting the vaccine who are screaming and yelling at the people who are choosing not to? Why do they care if you're protected?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Isn't it true that they actually had these vaccines ready to go last Jan/February already but we finally got it approved 10 months later because that's legitimately the fastest it took to get through the trials, etc?
    They had the virus sequenced early last year, which allowed them to start developing the various vaccines. But they didn’t have them done until testing started in the May range.

Turn Off Ads?