Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1010

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/dela...udy-shows.html

The AZ vaccine slows transmission.

Not surprising but there had been concern by some that vaccines may not.

Standard disclaimer that I’m not saying vaccinated folks don’t need to wear masks. (Yet). But by stopping the spread things maybe under control big-picture-wise sooner than thought by some.

2. Likes:

M2 (02-03-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Kroger is offering a $100 bonus to employees that get vaccinated. Only downside is they are letting people with medical or religious reasons not to get it attend a class and get the cash, Sorry, attending a class doesn't give you immunity and boost herd immunity. If you get the shot you should get the bonus and no one else.

Frankly I think that's what the Feds should do for next stimulus. Get the shot get $500.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So that means 20% of the country now has complete or partial immunity. You can see why cases are falling so dramatically in all regions of the country. And deaths which are a lagging indicator have now taken a downturn in all 4 regions including the South which was the last to turn.

I know Fauci and the big boys are saying we need 70 to 80% to really get herd immunity. But I think it's going to happen sooner. I'm starting to get very optimistic.

And think of this... 125K got the virus today. And 1.3 million people are getting the vaccine daily. So more than 10 times as many are getting vaccinated as opposed to getting infected!!
    Governor of Oregon stated yesterday that the masses here won't get vaccinated until July.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So that means 20% of the country now has complete or partial immunity. You can see why cases are falling so dramatically in all regions of the country. And deaths which are a lagging indicator have now taken a downturn in all 4 regions including the South which was the last to turn.

I know Fauci and the big boys are saying we need 70 to 80% to really get herd immunity. But I think it's going to happen sooner. I'm starting to get very optimistic.

And think of this... 125K got the virus today. And 1.3 million people are getting the vaccine daily. So more than 10 times as many are getting vaccinated as opposed to getting infected!!
    Cases aren't falling because of the vaccine. They're falling because the virus ain't virusing right now. You posted yourself that the peak of the virus/7 day moving average was on the 11th. Basically, no one was vaccinated at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Cases aren't falling because of the vaccine. They're falling because the virus ain't virusing right now.
    Please explain and provide a source
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Cases are falling because of Christmas being over and the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Please explain and provide a source
    Common sense? Reading a trend line. Do you suddenly not believe scientists that talk about herd immunity at 70%?

In Indiana, 55% of people 80+ have been vaccinated with at least the first shot (one of the best in the country). Before 1/19, hospitalization rates for 80+ was 19.7%. It's 20.1% after. It's the same for the 70+ crowd. Give it another month and maybe we see some more definitive results but I don't believe the vaccine is having much of an effect yet.

It's pretty obvious the longer you read up and see graphs of different states that it's a pretty seasonal virus.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 02-06-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Common sense? Reading a trend line. Do you suddenly not believe scientists that talk about herd immunity at 70%?

In Indiana, 55% of people 80+ have been vaccinated with at least the first shot (one of the best in the country). Before 1/19, hospitalization rates for 80+ was 19.7%. It's 20.1% after. It's the same for the 70+ crowd. Give it another month and maybe we see some more definitive results but I don't believe the vaccine is having much of an effect yet.

It's pretty obvious the longer you read up and see graphs of different states that it's a pretty seasonal virus.
    I’m not saying you’re wrong. I want you to be right and figured you were basing such an absolute statement on something you’ve read from experts.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

It’s both. It’s falling because it was gonna fall, but it’s falling faster because of vaccines. The trend line everywhere Is faster than ever before almost perfectly lining up to when states started first doses em mass.

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-07-2021)

The peak of new cases was on Jan 11th. By then we had been vaccinating for 3 1/2 weeks and 8 million people had been vaccinated. That's EXACTLY when you might expect things to stop climbing. And with the vaccinations increasing, the rate is plummeting. On the 11th is was 254K a day. It's now 119K a day.

The vaccination rate is now up to 42.9 million shots every 30 days.

The peak of new cases was on Jan 11th. By then we had been vaccinating for 3 1/2 weeks and 8 million people had been vaccinated. That's EXACTLY when you might expect things to stop climbing. And with the vaccinations increasing, the rate is plummeting. On the 11th is was 254K a day. It's now 119K a day.

The vaccination rate is now up to 42.9 million shots every 30 days.
    I completely disagree with you. The data doesn't match up at least in Indiana. We were already declining before Christmas, we had a mini-surge after Christmas, and now we're back to declining again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’m not saying you’re wrong. I want you to be right and figured you were basing such an absolute statement on something you’ve read from experts.
    Unfortunately, there's no sign *yet* of vaccinations reducing hospitalizations for #COVID19 among the age groups most vaccinated in #Indiana.

Before 1/19: 19.7% were aged 80+
    After 1/19: 20.1% were aged 80+

Before 1/19: 23.1% were aged 70-79
    After 1/19: 23.9% were aged 70-79

Here's a full comparison of hospitalization proportions by age. First is before 1/19, second is after 1/19:
    0-19: 1.4% Rightwards arrow 1.5%
    20-29: 4.7%Rightwards arrow 5.4%
    30-39: 6.1%Rightwards arrow 6.0%
    40-49: 8.7%Rightwards arrow 8.5%
    50-59: 15.0%Rightwards arrow 13.2%
    60-69: 21.5%Rightwards arrow 21.5%
    70-79: 23.1%Rightwards arrow 23.9%
    80+: 19.7%Rightwards arrow 20.1%

Here is Israel's info. They started vaccinations on Dec. 19th.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/

Indiana had earlier higher highs, but Indiana started rising again on Dec 30th, and went up every day until (you guessed it) Jan 11th, the same day the rest country started heading down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Governor of Oregon stated yesterday that the masses here won't get vaccinated until July.
    Remember that. I think you'll find in hindsight that this comment is overly pessimistic

18. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?