Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Make Your Selections (no more than 10)

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Abreu

10 13.51%
  • Barry Bonds

49 66.22%
  • Mark Buehrle

3 4.05%
  • A.J. Burnett

1 1.35%
  • Roger Clemens

51 68.92%
  • Michael Cuddyer

1 1.35%
  • Dan Haren

1 1.35%
  • LaTroy Hawkins

1 1.35%
  • Todd Helton

37 50.00%
  • Tim Hudson

4 5.41%
  • Torii Hunter

3 4.05%
  • Andruw Jones

22 29.73%
  • Jeff Kent

24 32.43%
  • Andy Pettitte

20 27.03%
  • Aramis Ramirez

1 1.35%
  • Manny Ramirez

37 50.00%
  • Scott Rolen

52 70.27%
  • Curt Schilling

47 63.51%
  • Gary Sheffield

38 51.35%
  • Sammy Sosa

17 22.97%
  • Nick Swisher

2 2.70%
  • Shane Victorino

1 1.35%
  • Omar Vizquel

15 20.27%
  • Billy Wagner

27 36.49%
  • Barry Zito

2 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RedsZone's 2021 BBWAA HOF Ballot Vote

Re: RedsZone's 2021 BBWAA HOF Ballot Vote

I think there will be a wave of support for Clemens and Bonds next year with guys saying "okay, we've made our point and punished them enough" considering it's their final year.

The HOF would look ridiculous without them in it. The same applies to Schilling to a lesser degree, but I don't think he's going to make it until the veterans vote him in.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I always hated the 10 vote limit. If more than 10 are Hall of Famers than they all should get in. Imagine if the Ten vote rule was in and these were the nominees. Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron. Ty Cobb, Johnny Bench, Walter Johnson, ,Cy Young ,Christy Mathewson, Honus Wagner,, Ted Williams , Bob Gibson. Yogi Berra.
    Whitey Ford.

Then imagine if after only 10 from this list can be Hall of Famers on this Ballot and then who didn't make the list of 10 then did not make the 5 percent vote total and then ineligible to be on the ballot again.

Ryan M. Spaeder
    @theaceofspaeder
    ·
    6m
    Curt Schilling is currently on his livestream — doesn’t bode well for his chance at being inducted into the Hall of Fame here shortly... that coupled with the fact that he just said “we’re out, we’re not going to make it.”

Live Announcement from Cooperstown:

No one received the necessary 75% to be inducted this year.

(there will still be an induction ceremony for those from last season)

Final tallies to follow....

The vote:

Curt Schilling 285 (71.1 percent),
    Barry Bonds 248 (61.8),
    Roger Clemens 247 (61.6),
    Scott Rolen 212 (52.9),
    Omar Vizquel 197 (49.1),
    Billy Wagner 186 (46.4),
    Todd Helton 180 (44.9),
    Gary Sheffield 163 (40.6),
    Andruw Jones 136 (33.9),
    Jeff Kent 130 (32.4),
    Manny Ramírez 113 (28.2),
    Sammy Sosa 68 (17.0),
    Andy Pettitte 55 (13.7),
    Mark Buehrle 44 (11.0),
    Torii Hunter 38 (9.5),
    Bobby Abreu 35 (8.7),
    Tim Hudson 21 (5.2),

Aramis Ramírez 4 (1.0),
    LaTroy Hawkins 2 (0.5),
    Barry Zito 1 (0.2),
    A.J. Burnett 0,
    Michael Cuddyer 0,
    Dan Haren 0,
    Nick Swisher 0,
    Shane Victorino 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The vote:

Scott Rolen 212 (52.9),
    Nice bump from 35.3% last year.

Compared to my nostradamus predictions this morning:

Schilling +1.1%
    Bonds -0.2%
    Clemens -0.4%
    Vizquel -4.9%
    Rolen -0.1%
    Helton -3.1%
    Wagner -0.6%
    Sheffield -0.4%
    Jones +0.9%
    Kent -3.4%
    ManRam -2.8%
    Sosa 0.0%
    Pettitte -1.3%
    Abreu -1.3%
    Buehrle +6.0%
    Hunter +4.5%
    Hudson +0.2%
    A.Ram -2.0%
    Hawkins +0.5%
    Zito +0.2%
    Burnett 0.0%
    Cuddyer 0.0%
    Haren 0.0%
    Swisher 0.0%
    Victorino 0.0%

- - - Updated - - -

Quick ask me what the powerball numbers are before my brain goes back to being mush.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 01-26-2021 at 06:34 PM.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Live Announcement from Cooperstown:

No one received the necessary 75% to be inducted this year.

(there will still be an induction ceremony for those from last season)

Final tallies to follow....
    No one?! Really?! What a buzz kill.

Bob Nightengale @BNightengale
    Curt Schilling in letter to the Hall of Fame: "I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I’ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player.''
    Honestly, he's not wrong, especially when you toss in Bonds and Clemens. I thought there would be more movement for those two guys. If those three guys don't make it, it completely destroys the credibility of the Hall of Fame IMO.

Blank ballots, overall bad ballots, different yes/no votes for guys from same voter depending on year for no understandable reason...it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    No one?! Really?! What a buzz kill.
    Next year's ballot will include the 17 players who received more than 5% this go around and be joined by big names like ARod, Ortiz, Teixeira, Rollins, Peavy, Crawford, Morneau, Nathan, Fielder, Pierzynski, Papelbon, Lincecum, and Howard among others.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 01-26-2021 at 07:05 PM.

2015 didn't see very many greats retire in comparison to 2016

dan haren
    @ithrow88
    According to twittter I was NOT elected to the baseball hall of fame. They will tell me I’m taken off the ballot next year, but I’d first like to announce that I’m REMOVING MYSELF from next years ballot and any going forward.
    #0%
    7:08 PM · Jan 26, 2021·

15. Likes:

savafan (01-26-2021)

I want going to say anything but Schilling (if his request is granted) saved himself a lot of trouble but removing himself from the ballot. There’s a flock of writers champing at the bit every time he comes up for election to write a column trashing him. He has done a lot of crazy stuff I grant that but it is in his best interest to just remove himself from the discussion. And isn’t keeping him out of the Hall what some of the louder media voices want?

Now the BBWAA is up in arms that Curt made such a request. Guess there’s still some meat left on that Schilling bone.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-2022-ballot

And don’t take this as me supporting Schilling in some way, but if he’s such a bad guy and wants to go away from the discussion - why not let him?

I kinda have a hard time keeping Schilling out of the Hall of Fame while Cap Anson and Ty Cobb are in it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I kinda have a hard time keeping Schilling out of the Hall of Fame while Cap Anson and Ty Cobb are in it.
    Cobb's reputation has been improved as a result of a biography a few years ago that called into question some of the prior stories that basically depicted him as a near psychotic racist. However the HOF still includes Anson, who help create and/or keep the so-called "color line" which limited MLB to whites only for decades. The HOF also has Commissioner Judge Landis and several team owners, all of whom maintained the color line in force. There are several other players in the HOF who allegedly were racists.
    Steve Carlton is justly in the HOF but author Pat Jordan in the 1990s wrote an article accusing Carlton of espousing a number of at best paranoid political ideas [Carlton denied that the article was accurate]. There are several former players either in the HOF or on this year's ballot who have been either charged with wife beating or accused of assault. One player on this year's ballot was accused of "grooming" a teenage girl and later having an affair with her. As is well known Pete Rose is ineligible for the HOF because of betting on MLB games, but he has a number of other accusations against him, some for alleged misdeeds that are much creepier than betting on the game; but for the betting he would long ago have been inducted.
    My own view is that unless a HOF candidate's bad character possibly affected the games he played or otherwise the outcome of competition, such as gambling or being such a bad teammate that it distracted his team from winning, I judge the candidate on how good a player he was. It's tough enough trying to decide what effect alleged use of PEDs should have on a player's candidacy, let alone evaluate the character of people I really do not know.
    Oh, on the PEDs issue, I've basically given up on that. The players, the owners, the players union, some of the media, all allowed the PEDs era from the 1990s until only relatively a few years ago to go on without drug testing or meaningful efforts to stop it. Commissioner Bud Selig is in the HOF. I have no doubt but that several star players from that era who used PEDs are already in the HOF. I've given up on trying to sort through who did or did not use PEDs or when or how much they used. MLB allowed it to go on. Therefore, if I had a vote, I would have voted for a bunch of former players this year, probably none of whom I would let into my home.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

19. Likes:

Chip R (01-28-2021),Revering4Blue (01-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?