Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Didi

Re: Didi

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think Didi is waiting to see what LeMiaehu does.
    And I think the Reds are waiting to see how much more salary they can clear. Because I doubt Didi will be that cheap. If they can get there, I think Reds will try for him. He’d be an attraction for the team and a good baseball fit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Reds trade Gray, Saurez, Moose and Castillo, like heck is DiDi or any other big name free agent signing to play with the Reds to loose... he will go to the Yankees again before he comes to the Reds to go back to the Reds FO losing ways
    Last edited by Redsfan6272; 12-21-2020 at 05:08 PM.

4. Likes:

Old NDN (12-23-2020),REDREAD (01-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    If the Reds trade Gray, Saurez, Moose and Castillo, like heck is DiDi or any other big name free agent signing to play with the Reds to loose... he will go to the Yankees again before he comes to the Reds to go back to losing ways
    Keep in mind Didi had to take a one year with the Phillies.

I think he’s looking for a solid LTC in a tough market. Not sure he’ll be so picky over destination.

And Reds aren’t trading all those guys. I think they may trade one more and use that salary slot to sign a pretty good FA, like Gregorius, who fits the need at shortstop.

6. Likes:

reds77 (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Keep in mind Didi had to take a one year with the Phillies.

I think he’s looking for a solid LTC in a tough market. Not sure he’ll be so picky over destination.

And Reds aren’t trading all those guys. I think they may trade one more and use that salary slot to sign a pretty good FA, like Gregorius, who fits the need at shortstop.
    I would take a one year deal knowing im playing for a team committed at winning over a team crying poverty any day

What exactly would be the point of trading someone like Gray so you could sign Didi? Gray is better than Didi and the team would just be worse after those two switch teams than before. The logic of clearing more payroll so you can sign Didi is dumb to me unless that payroll is Votto, Moose and Castellanos.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (01-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    What exactly would be the point of trading someone like Gray so you could sign Didi? Gray is better than Didi and the team would just be worse after those two switch teams than before. The logic of clearing more payroll so you can sign Didi is dumb to me unless that payroll is Votto, Moose and Castellanos.
    I doubt it happens, but a Gray trade that brings back solid mid rotation pitcher and a top prospect could make sense.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

moving around deck chairs on the titanic comes to mind.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (01-03-2021),reds77 (12-22-2020)

Let’s see what happens. A lot of people are assuming that any trade will be a garbage money dump. If it is, then it’s pitchfork and torch time. Right now, we don’t know. It’s quite possible to save money and acquire talent. Those aren’t mutually exclusive things.

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    Free agent Didi Gregorius wasn't able to visit hospitals this X-mas due to COVID, but as part of his Didi's Deeds program he sent gift bags (including #Reds hats) to patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital & Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, according to his agency

15. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-29-2020),HokieRed (12-29-2020),Mitri (12-29-2020),Revering4Blue (12-29-2020),Tuff Nut (12-29-2020)

I mean, yeah ... if they trade Gray or Castillo, then I don’t really see the point. But if they deal Suarez for a solid return and swing Moose over to 3B, I think you could reasonably argue that reconfiguring in that manner makes good baseball sense.

17. Likes:

mth123 (12-30-2020),Old school 1983 (12-29-2020),Revering4Blue (12-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I mean, yeah ... if they trade Gray or Castillo, then I don’t really see the point. But if they deal Suarez for a solid return and swing Moose over to 3B, I think you could reasonably argue that reconfiguring in that manner makes good baseball sense.
    Adding a SS from outside the organization would seem to be imperative if the team wanted to compete next season.

If they're in cost-cutting mode, there would be no use to add one.

What they do with that spot will tell us quite a bit about their plan moving forward.

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-29-2020),M2 (12-29-2020),Revering4Blue (12-29-2020)

For a guy who only ever played eight games in a Reds uniform, Didi is exhibiting an odd amount of focus on Cincinnati.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

21. Likes:

GAC (01-04-2021),marcshoe (12-29-2020),Old school 1983 (12-29-2020),RedsFanInMS (12-29-2020),Revering4Blue (12-29-2020),WrongVerb (12-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    For a guy who only ever played eight games in a Reds uniform, Didi is exhibiting an odd amount of focus on Cincinnati.
    Must be the chili

23. Likes:

Big Klu (12-29-2020),marcshoe (12-29-2020),RedsFanInMS (12-29-2020),Tuff Nut (12-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Here are two issues caused by trading off Suarez for Didi.

1. Reds become overly LHH on offense. Winker, Votto, Moose, Didi, Shogo, even Barnhart all LHH. Cast and Senzel two remaining RHH regulars. Aquino and Tyler Stephenson could help bridge that gap, but Suarez would be missed.

2. Still leaves Reds short a starting IFer. Moose moves to third, who plays second base? Even if Reds moved Senzel to second, which is unlikely, then there’s a hole in CF, a tough spot to fill.

The answer to both is acquire a good RHH second baseman. But that’s more money, why not just keep Geno?
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.

25. Likes:

REDREAD (01-05-2021),WrongVerb (12-29-2020)

Here are two issues caused by trading off Suarez for Didi.

1. Reds become overly LHH on offense. Winker, Votto, Moose, Didi, Shogo, even Barnhart all LHH. Cast and Senzel two remaining RHH regulars. Aquino and Tyler Stephenson could help bridge that gap, but Suarez would be missed.
    I'm 1,000,000% all right with that. And Suarez wouldn't be traded for Didi because Didi is a FA. So Suarez could be bringing back a RH bat.

2. Still leaves Reds short a starting IFer. Moose moves to third, who plays second base? Even if Reds moved Senzel to second, which is unlikely, then there’s a hole in CF, a tough spot to fill.
    Again, you're not factoring in the return for Suarez. So they'd probably get a CF or 2B in exchange for Geno. Victor Robles has been the name attached in the most public Suarez rumor. That would free up Senzel to move back to the IF. I'd move Senzel to 3B and keep Moustakas at 2B. First, Moustakas now has far more experience at 2B than Senzel. Second, putting Senzel at his natural position strikes me as the optimal way to unlock his bat. Third, If the DH returns in 2022, then Moustakas and Votto can share 1B/DH, freeing up 2B for Didi and SS for Garcia (and Senzel's already at 3B).

Anyway, main point is the Suarez trade (if they're doing that) likely makes this a non-issue. And if they sign Didi and don't trade Suarez then the IF is all filled up.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

27. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-29-2020),Revering4Blue (12-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?