Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scott Heineman acquired from Texas Rangers

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Scott Heineman acquired from Texas Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    calling him a .189 hitter is what he is
    In about 130 AB’s in the majors. That’s not his complete story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I guess Johnny Bench was once described as being a catcher who hit .163 , why oh why would the a reds trade Edwards to make room for him?

Now I understand that’s a bad example, but calling him a .189 hitter is equally disingenuous.

He’s a true CF who has hit in the minors. Yeah, maybe the Reds know more than you. But the acquisition cost was minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is Heineman a true CF? He’s played all over the place, with more games in LF than CF.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Over four Minor League seasons, Heineman was a .303/.378/.475 hitter with 48 homers and 222 RBIs.
    https://www.mlb.com

Ok. Let’s see where he goes this season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-17-2020)

So wait ... the Reds traded Ronald Torreyes again? It's not a big deal. Maybe they end up "losing" this trade, but it's not like they gave up a future Hall of Famer.

8. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    So wait ... the Reds traded Ronald Torreyes again? It's not a big deal. Maybe they end up "losing" this trade, but it's not like they gave up a future Hall of Famer.
    I agree Acosta probably won’t be missed, but I think the problem people are having with this deal is that they think Heineman is someone they didn’t need to give up any talent in order to get.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

JaxRed (12-17-2020),REDREAD (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    You know one of those low end minor league infielders the Reds gave up on turned into Justin Turner.

Most of the times guys like this become nothing, but every now and then they hit big. When you're a small franchise like the Reds and you give up a talented 20 year old that can hit and play the middle infield for a no-hit 28 year old whose calling card is that he can stand around in centerfield ...well, you start looking like a losing franchise.

Yes, he hit in the minors, but he was old for his league and we know what that means. Yes he can "play centerfield," but this last season he played it so well that Texas, the worst team in the American league, would rather play a 21 year old who hit 227 instead of trusting Heineman in center. This isn't a commodity that you give up anything of value for. This is somebody that you sign after teams break for spring training and he's looking for somewhere to play.

And to top things off, he's the 6th outfielder on this team? Why give up anything for that?
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

12. Likes:

dreghorntwo (12-18-2020),Old school 1983 (12-18-2020),REDREAD (12-18-2020),texasdave (12-18-2020)

Yea, I'm fine with playing Heineman now they made the trade. He was productive in the minors though now older and has not broken through at major league level. Could be the next Geronimo Berroa or another AAAA. The Reds probably traded the next Willam Bergolla for him. Minor move, let's see what comes next.

we had one "season" where we acted like a real major league team. now we're back to the bargain basement reds.

rough times are coming for this franchise. again. too many absurd contracts (votto, moose, castellanos, shogo) and zero money to spend. such a shame because the NL central is there for the taking. instead, we'll be a solid 4th place; ahead of the pirates, but below the other three clubs.

at least we're not losing our team's nickname though. eat it, cleveland.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Yep. And if there were no air resistance (that is, if a ball didn't have to make its way through the air on its way out of the park), he would have hit even MORE home runs.

https://www.exploratorium.edu/baseba...c-slugger.html
    And IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he hopped! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    we had one "season" where we acted like a real major league team. now we're back to the bargain basement reds.

rough times are coming for this franchise. again. too many absurd contracts (votto, moose, castellanos, shogo) and zero money to spend. such a shame because the NL central is there for the taking. instead, we'll be a solid 4th place; ahead of the pirates, but below the other three clubs.
    This is sarcasm, right? You couldn’t possibly actually be freaking out over over a minor league depth move, right?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-18-2020),WrongVerb (12-18-2020)

Turn Off Ads?