Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Speaking of which, if you’re in Cincinnati, you’re eligible, and you have some time this afternoon, UC Health usually puts out their available appointments for the next week on Friday. I got an appointment for tomorrow by calling in last Friday. I was on hold nearly an hour, so have patience.
    Is this only for the eligible tiers (i.e. 65 and up, specific health conditions, etc), or can anyone schedule one pending availability?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I’m now eligible for the vaccine here in the city of Los Angeles but I’ve checked the 47 disparate county, supermarket, drug store, and doctor websites that are supposed to contain random appointment opportunities and I’ve found zilch for the last week. I’m not sure if all these outlets are just on standby with no allotment yet or I’m missing the boat every day. Is it this convoluted everywhere?
    The universe must read RedsZone because I just got an appointment for doses 1 and 2 via Walgreens' site.

4. Likes:

757690 (02-27-2021),BuckeyeRed27 (02-26-2021),dabvu2498 (02-26-2021),Edd Roush (02-26-2021),paintmered (02-26-2021)

I still wouldn't give it to college students. Not first. I'd give it to fat people 39 and under, I guess. Some of them would be college students, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I still wouldn't give it to college students. Not first. I'd give it to fat people 39 and under, I guess. Some of them would be college students, I suppose.
    Idk, I kind of think vaccinating all(most) college students would wrap up the pandemic in this country faster than just about anything. Seems like they are the ones constantly spreading it. I live in a community with a lot of bars that kids from Cleveland State and Baldwin Wallace frequent and the pandemic has been effectively over for them since August. Not passing judgement or whatever, but I think they are the ones catching it and then going to family Christmas parties and passing it to their parents and grandparents. I get it, vaccinate the most vulnerable first, but I think we are also waiting to vaccinate the folks spreading it the most which doesn’t really make much sense to me.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Idk, I kind of think vaccinating all(most) college students would wrap up the pandemic in this country faster than just about anything. Seems like they are the ones constantly spreading it. I live in a community with a lot of bars that kids from Cleveland State and Baldwin Wallace frequent and the pandemic has been effectively over for them since August. Not passing judgement or whatever, but I think they are the ones catching it and then going to family Christmas parties and passing it to their parents and grandparents. I get it, vaccinate the most vulnerable first, but I think we are also waiting to vaccinate the folks spreading it the most which doesn’t really make much sense to me.
    Agree with this. Also, the most vulnerable are probably better fits for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. AstraZenaca and JNJ are good options for the young/healthy.

Two fully vaccinated people can gather individually with minimal risk, Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN’s Chris Cuomo Thursday.

"You can start getting together as individual people, even though the risk is not zero, the risk becomes extremely low when you have both parties vaccinated," said Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
    https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...d2e9eb3411ac70

How many of you hadn't already figured this out? When's the next time this guy's going to tell us something we don't already know? Another profound statement from Tony...

It's a bit of chicken or egg, I suppose. If we vaccinate the most vulnerable, it doesn't really matter if it spreads. If we vaccinate the ones who spread it the most, the need to vaccinate the most vulnerable wanes. It will be nice when most all of us have been vaccinated!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think those kids have already had it for the most part and are no longer spreading it and this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is this only for the eligible tiers (i.e. 65 and up, specific health conditions, etc), or can anyone schedule one pending availability?
    You have to be eligible currently.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-26-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

So I had my first legit workout at a gym since September earlier today. Sat down at a Skyline to eat lunch. Going to The Eagle in OTR later for dinner.

Feels good man!

14. Likes:

757690 (02-27-2021),Boss-Hog (02-26-2021),Boston Red (02-26-2021),Edd Roush (02-26-2021),KronoRed (02-26-2021),paintmered (02-26-2021),redhawkfish (02-26-2021),RedTeamGo! (02-27-2021),RFS62 (02-28-2021),Sea Ray (02-26-2021)

State Covid Vaccine Dashboards2

Here's still another article written by an expert (this time a Stanford guy) who says that we're reaching herd immunity:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6810858002/

I think it's really well written and easy to read. He very succinctly explains, using factual examples, why things like seasonality and mask wearing does not explain the huge drops we're seeing all over the world. The media is not talking enough about national immunity, which has immunized a whole more than Moderna and Pfizer have

Re: State Covid Vaccine Dashboards

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's still another article written by an expert (this time a Stanford guy) who says that we're reaching herd immunity:

I think it's really well written and easy to read. He very succinctly explains, using factual examples, why things like seasonality and mask wearing does not explain the huge drops we're seeing all over the world. The media is not talking enough about national immunity, which has immunized a whole more than Moderna and Pfizer have
    It’s very unlikely herd immunity. The numbers would be dropping more.

There is very likely some partial immunity, particularly in certain areas, and the vaccines are accelerating it in older populations, but it’s not herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    How's that stockpile of Hydroxychloroquine working out for you?
    https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

That study has long been discredited due to it being extremely flawed.

1.) It was an observational study, not a randomized trial. Multiple randomized trials have shown the ineffectiveness of treating COVID19 with hydroxychloroquine. Due to the fact that they are not randomized, observational studies are worthless when it comes to proving cause and effect.

2.) Many of the patients in Henry Ford's study were also treated with dexamethasone, which has been extremely successful at reducing mortality in COVID-19 patients. Knowing this about dexamethasone, I wonder why the study patients got better?

Turn Off Ads?