Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: State Covid Vaccine Dashboards

Re: State Covid Vaccine Dashboards

Anecdotally, I became eligible for the vaccine on Monday. I had a set of 16 web sites I was cycling through to try to find an appointment. I was looking probably 7-8 times a day. By yesterday, it was feeling pretty fruitless. About 3 pm yesterday, a notification popped up on my gmail that I could schedule on at TriHeath. It was a clunky procedure at TriHealth. It kept telling me that none were available. After twiddling around options, suddenly one popped up at 12:30 today. I grabbed it.

Hopefully they iron out the kinks on the 65+!yr olds. I do this kind of IT stuff for a living and it is all very fragmented and inefficient. Set me loose on it and I’ll fix it
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

757690 (02-12-2021),Boss-Hog (02-12-2021),BuckeyeRed27 (02-12-2021),Edd Roush (02-12-2021),JaxRed (02-12-2021),paintmered (02-12-2021),WrongVerb (02-12-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Ohio is going to spike the death count the next few days. They discovered around 4000 deaths, mainly during November and December, that they will be reconciling in their current counts.
    Different sites handle that differently. The one I use (World-O-Meters) normally spreads them out if they can just so they can avoid a spike that alters reality. Sometimes it can't be avoided.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Anecdotally, I became eligible for the vaccine on Monday. I had a set of 16 web sites I was cycling through to try to find an appointment. I was looking probably 7-8 times a day. By yesterday, it was feeling pretty fruitless. About 3 pm yesterday, a notification popped up on my gmail that I could schedule on at TriHeath. It was a clunky procedure at TriHealth. It kept telling me that none were available. After twiddling around options, suddenly one popped up at 12:30 today. I grabbed it.

Hopefully they iron out the kinks on the 65+!yr olds. I do this kind of IT stuff for a living and it is all very fragmented and inefficient. Set me loose on it and I’ll fix it
    Agree. One of things that helped me get vaccinated fairly early (Jan 11th and 2nd shot 4 days ago) was that I was pretty handy on web sites/computers, and can do little tricks to navigate sites a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Agree. One of things that helped me get vaccinated fairly early (Jan 11th and 2nd shot 4 days ago) was that I was pretty handy on web sites/computers, and can do little tricks to navigate sites a little better.
    Me too, but it’s a very inefficient process. For example, you have to check each Kroger store to see if any times are available. And there are a lot of Kroger stores locally.

Just have a central signup site, put me on a list, and notify me when a slot becomes available. Don’t make me check many different sites constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Me too, but it’s a very inefficient process. For example, you have to check each Kroger store to see if any times are available. And there are a lot of Kroger stores locally.

Just have a central signup site, put me on a list, and notify me when a slot becomes available. Don’t make me check many different sites constantly.
    My in laws in Cincinnati just became eligible and have been very frustrated with a lot of what you just described. I've been trying to help them out, but it's a bit of a full time job like you said, checking all these sites multiple times. Haven't had luck yet.

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. I was eligible as an educator.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-14-2021),JaxRed (02-12-2021)

Well, as clunky as the registration process is, getting the shot was smooth as silk. TriHealth was set up well for this. I got the Pfizer vaccine and go back for #2 on March 5.

12. Likes:

757690 (02-12-2021),cumberlandreds (02-14-2021),Edd Roush (02-12-2021),JaxRed (02-12-2021),Larkin Fan (02-12-2021),paintmered (02-12-2021),RFS62 (02-12-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I got a call earlier this week from the Walgreens where I got one of the leftover doses a couple weeks ago, to make an appointment for my second dose.

They said they had appointments basically all day and that they could schedule me basically whenever I wanted.

It’s probably just that particular one. But if you’re having trouble finding an appointment in Cincinnati, maybe the Mitchell Ave Walgreens is worth a phone call.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 02-12-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Welcome to those of you getting your antibodies. I got mine the old fashioned way (and when available I'll re-up with the man-made route), but it is pretty wonderful once it happens.

Got my first shot today. 100% because of JaxRed.

I tried for a couple of weeks every day. Jax and Roy are like inside traders with their IT skills.

Normal mortals have very little chance at improving their odds.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-14-2021),Edd Roush (02-13-2021),Larkin Fan (02-13-2021),Roy Tucker (02-13-2021)

Some new big numbers today. We went over 50 million doses administered. And our daily average of shots hit it's highest point at 1.66 million doses per day. Our new cases average went below 100K for the first time.

Death average continues to inch down. 2,653. As noted earlier, World-o-Meter says they distributed the bulk Ohio deaths according to the day they actually died, so there was no big jump.

California seems to have hit a self-induced snag. LA County is cutting off first doses so that they have enough vaccines to cover second doses. LA County's weekly allotment of vaccines was cut by 80,000. Yet other counties, like Fresno saw their vaccine allotment increase.

The Feds did not cut the number of vaccines to the state. Allocation within the state is decided on by state authorities. Somehow, that process got wonky in California. Hopefully they fix it quickly because 1st doses are more important than 2nd doses.

Hopefully the weather over the next week doesn't result in a big slowdown to the vaccine rates.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Hopefully the weather over the next week doesn't result in a big slowdown to the vaccine rates.
    Shouldn't it help by making it easier to keep cold?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Shouldn't it help by making it easier to keep cold?
    Heh. The Moderna perhaps. If it gets cold enough to store the Pfizer vaccine outdoors, we have much bigger problems to deal with.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Here's something to consider that I don't think has been mentioned yet in these threads but I could be wrong:

https://www.wate.com/news/memphis-su...covid-vaccine/

Now, they don't know what killed this otherwise healthy 36 yr old but I'll jump to this bottom line:

It's my suggestion that those of you who know you've had C19, wait on getting the vaccine until they sort this out. For obvious reasons, they did very little testing on giving vaccines to known recovered C19 people. It's possible that bad things happen when you've already got antibodies. If you've had it, you're likely still immune so there should be no rush to get it anyway. I would suggest waiting 6 mos till this sorts out. There's also anecdotal evidence that folks who are having bad side effects to this vaccine are likely having those because they already had antibodies. Personally I just got my second one yesterday. The first shot could not have gone smoother. So far I've got a fairly sore arm from shot #2 but nothing else. I'm glad I got both shots and would recommend others who don't have a history of pos C19 tests to get theirs

Dr SR

22. Likes:

redhawkfish (02-13-2021)

Turn Off Ads?