Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 NHL Season

Re: 2020-21 NHL Season

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Canadiens are the first team into the semis. Do they officially get to call themselves the champions of Canada?
    Cary's Champions

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-11-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Go Vegas!

Les Habitants are playing like a team on a mission.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2021),Revering4Blue (06-24-2021)

There is no party on the planet at this moment as good as the party on the streets of Montreal tonight.

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2021),Revering4Blue (06-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    There is no party on the planet at this moment as good as the party on the streets of Montreal tonight.
    Poutine for all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

10. Likes:

M2 (06-25-2021)

Allez Les Habitant

12. Likes:

Chip R (06-28-2021),M2 (06-25-2021)

Sure looks like Tampa Bay is going to go back to back.....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Sure looks like Tampa Bay is going to go back to back.....
    Doesn't start til someone wins on the road.

Why would Canada not allow vaccinated family members of the Lightning attend the match? Very disappointing for a country that strongly supports the sport and league. If the lightning complete the sweep tonight, it will be the second year in a row where they will have won the Stanley Cup without family in attendance.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Well, Montreal had a hell of a run.

17. Likes:

Chip R (07-14-2021),M2 (07-19-2021)

I was just reading that Vegas is exempt from the Seattle expansion draft. Now, that probably made sense back when they were putting the rules together and everyone assumed the Golden Knights would still be a fledgeling franchise trying to find their footing, but given the run they've been on (Stanley Cup Finals, upset in 1st round of playoffs, Western Conference finals, Stanley Cup semifinals) it doesn't make much sense anymore. I assume this will be significant competitive advantage for Vegas with most every other team losing at least one marginally useful player.

19. Likes:

Chip R (07-23-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I was just reading that Vegas is exempt from the Seattle expansion draft. Now, that probably made sense back when they were putting the rules together and everyone assumed the Golden Knights would still be a fledgeling franchise trying to find their footing, but given the run they've been on (Stanley Cup Finals, upset in 1st round of playoffs, Western Conference finals, Stanley Cup semifinals) it doesn't make much sense anymore. I assume this will be significant competitive advantage for Vegas with most every other team losing at least one marginally useful player.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Vegas also isn't getting a dime of the 650 million pot put up by Seattle to join the league. So that's 21.7 million per team, or @21 million bucks per team if Vegas were included.

I honestly wonder how many NHL teams would pay 21 million dollars to be exempt from losing a player, especially given that a good chunk of unprotected players are available due to contracts their teams hope Seattle will take.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

21. Likes:

Chip R (07-23-2021),Revering4Blue (07-20-2021)

Old thread but the hockey world lost a great one. R.I.P. Guy LaFleur, the "French Flower.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Old thread but the hockey world lost a great one. R.I.P. Guy LaFleur, the "French Flower.
    Oh no. LaFleur seemed like he'd descended from Olympus to play hockey with the mortals. There's certain players whose excellence makes them feel eternal, and LaFleur was one of those guys for me.

24. Likes:

Chip R (04-22-2022),moewan (04-23-2022),Revering4Blue (04-22-2022)

Well I guess me and like four other people were watching, but the Colorado Avalanche are Stanley Cup champions

Turn Off Ads?