Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heyman says the Reds are out on Bauer

Re: Heyman says the Reds are out on Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Except it will probably be $35 to $40 Million for one year.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Concerning the quality of these offseason rumors, I have seen numerous articles on how Bauer is likely to sign with the Angels. Bauer himself has said he would never sign there because of their pitching coach. Writers need clicks and write all sorts of stuff in the off season.
    This is exactly right. “Journalists” trying to get clicks. Bauer is the biggest name and none of them have any clue where he is going. Heyman just flat out admitted he heard this from another team. Basically Brian Cashman said “reds can’t afford him” and he reported it as news. Absolute fake news.

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-18-2020)

Can someone change the thread title to read “Heyman recklessly speculates the Reds are out on Bauer”?

6. Likes:

marcshoe (12-19-2020),Rojo Rijo (12-18-2020)

It turns out those austerity tea leaves spelled out: Austerity.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I’ve been a Reds fan since 1961. I’ve been accused here of being a cheerleader. I look for ways to support the team’s moves and in-game decisions. Often a voice in the wilderness when other fans are negative, as with Bryan Price and now Bell.

But this off-season is too much. We’re just off a dismal rebuild with four 90+ loss season. Now they are again dumping good players for salary relief. Last year’s great pitching staff is being diluted or worse. Bauer, Iglesias, Bradley. Rumors about Gray.

So call me a pessimist. I think I’m reading the handwriting on the wall.
    The fact that you are considered a pessimist is beyond ridiculous.

10. Likes:

Kc61 (12-19-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    I think you're way overthinking it. The Reds have already cut payroll this offseason and are actively dangling guys like Gray and now Suarez out there, who have team-friendly contracts. If they're considering offloading THOSE contracts, they aren't going to turn around and sign Bauer to a massive deal.

It's more likely that they just say "screw it!" and blow it all up than anything.
    Yeah, I see no point in looking at every arrow pointing to a blow up and saying, Nope, fake news.

12. Likes:

membengal (12-20-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Heyman flat out admitting he reported speculation as fact is making my Friday evening. An absolute hack.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Heyman flat out admitting he reported speculation as fact is making my Friday evening. An absolute hack.
    It's irritating that you're making me defend someone like Heyman, but he did no such thing. It's safe to say given his position that he has a basic understanding of most teams' offseason plans, payroll restrictions, etc. Also, he can read the writing on the wall based on decisions the Reds have made thus far this offseason.

I don't think it would be surprising that someone within the Reds organization told him that while they'd love to have Bauer back, it ain't happening given his asking price. It's really that simple.
    Last edited by Coopdaddy67; 12-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020)

It's irritating that you're making me defend someone like Heyman, but he did no such thing. It's safe to say given his position that he has a basic understanding of most teams' offseason plans, payroll restrictions, etc. Also, he can read the writing on the wall based on decisions the Reds have made thus far this offseason.

I don't think it would be surprising that someone within the Reds organization told him that while they'd love to have Bauer back, it ain't happening given his asking price. It's really that simple.
    And yet speculating and reporting it as if it is fact is BS and not his job.

17. Likes:

kaldaniels (12-19-2020),Tony Cloninger (12-19-2020)

And yet speculating and reporting it as if it is fact is BS and not his job.
    Actually, it pretty much is his job to report rumors and other information surrounding MLB.

It's obvious from his tweets that he's been told that Bauer's asking price/projected deal is too much for the Reds. We all knew that after the conclusion of the season he had, so I don't know why you're so bent out of shape in regards to Heyman.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Heyman says the Reds are out on Bauer

Actually, it pretty much is his job to report rumors and other information surrounding MLB.

It's obvious from his tweets that he's been told that Bauer's asking price/projected deal is too much for the Reds. We all knew that after the conclusion of the season he had, so I don't know why you're so bent out of shape in regards to Heyman.
    Because he’s garbage. He gets into petty fights with random nobodies on Twitter and plays the “how many followers do you have?” card but then blocks anyone who dares call him out for being a hack. He’s a dooche and I have loved seeing Bauer go at him today.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 12-18-2020 at 11:36 PM.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-18-2020),Revering4Blue (12-19-2020),Tony Cloninger (12-19-2020)

So, Bauer said this after Heyman tried to defend himself instead of just taking the L:

You know more about the plans of all 30 teams than the person talking to them directly on my behalf? �� Bold claim, kiddo. Logicing your way through something is one thing, reporting it as definitive news is another. But I think you are smart enough on your own to understand that

And then Heyman said:

I know enough about many of them to know they can’t afford you. I could expand that list to two-thirds of the teams if you like but the Reds are the newsworthy ones since it’s your most recent team. If you sign with the Reds you are welcome to get back to me.

~~ Heyman flat out admitting he made this up based off his own speculation. It’s literally fake news.
    I love this. I could totally see Bauer signing with the Reds now simply to spite Heyman! Thanks Jon!

It was fun watching Bauer pitch. I had hope the team could win with him on the mound. I'll be bummed the Reds can't keep him.

24. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    It was fun watching Bauer pitch. I had hope the team could win with him on the mound. I'll be bummed the Reds can't keep him.
    It was like watching Jose Rijo in the 1990 World Series only over 60 games. He started hot, stayed hot, and ended hot. Probably the best pitching run I’d ever seen on the Reds.

I realized it was a faint hope that he would come back to the Reds. But the Reds and their coaches seemed to embrace Bauer for who he was and I hoped it would count for something. I was really hoping they’d have him healthy and in his prime for one more big 162 game season. But realistically speaking, the Reds continue to be a flawed team and probably more flawed this year than last. Thanks for the run Trevor. It was a blast to watch and an awesome blend of pitching ability and discipline to watch. Go get your big bucks.

Now back our regular Reds programming.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

26. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020)

As great as Bauer was, the Reds can be good without him. They could reconfigure the team, improve in other areas, and possibly even do better next season.

But only if the changes are baseball driven. If the roster changes are driven by large salary reductions, then it’s doubtful.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-19-2020 at 10:46 AM.

28. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-19-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Turn Off Ads?