Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Jon Heyman says Reds and Nats have discussed trade of Eugenio Suarez

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Jon Heyman says Reds and Nats have discussed trade of Eugenio Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    And I'd be pissed as a Reds fan. Cavalli and Rutledge do not not look impressive in the least.
    Could be a negotiation tactic to put that out there. Maybe the Nats are trying to sell the Reds on Crowe or Fedde instead.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

From a Nats journalist...

Robles the prospect was untouchable. Should Nats trade him now?

Washington could upgrade its offense — an area GM Mike Rizzo identified as his top priority this winter — by trading Robles for a more established hitter. For example, trade talks between the Nationals and Cincinnati Reds over third baseman Eugenio Suárez reportedly stalled after Rizzo declined to include top pitching prospects Jackson Rutledge and Cade Cavalli in any deal.

Robles might be enticing enough for the Reds, who could put him in center and move Nick Senzel back to his natural position at third. The Nationals would then be able to fill center field with a cheap, glove-first free agent like Kevin Pillar to mitigate the drop-off in defense they would incur by dealing Robles.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

REDREAD (01-14-2021)

Make it Robles and Kieboom and I'm down

6. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-13-2021),mth123 (01-13-2021),ochoa30 (01-13-2021),Old school 1983 (01-13-2021),Tuff Nut (01-13-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Make it Robles and Kieboom and I'm down
    I think we all would, but it doesn't sound like Washington's down with it. They might offer Robles + fodder or Kieboom + scratchy lotteries, but not both. And neither of those offers comes close to being enough for Suarez.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-13-2021),Old school 1983 (01-13-2021),RedsFanInMS (01-13-2021),WrongVerb (01-13-2021)

For me, it would not take much outside of Robles to make the deal. Bring Senzel back to the infield, sign Simmons for SS and the Reds are much improved defensively. It would help the pitchers as well as the outfielders next to Robles. I'd hold out for Rutledge who seems like the ultimate lottery ticket, high upside, low floor. Still, at 6' 8" you have something to work with.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

If he's six foot eight I'd hope we have some high ceilings, indeed!

I'll see myself out now

12. Likes:

M2 (01-13-2021),REDREAD (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-13-2021),UKFlounder (01-13-2021),WrongVerb (01-13-2021)

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...221631492?s=19

Still possible the Mets will upgrade 3B, through a trade or FA. One hurdle they have faced in talking to the Cubs and Reds at various points this winter about Bryant and Suarez is both teams have pushed for top catching prospect Francisco Alvarez. Thus no trade for either so far.

Turn Off Ads?