Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Heyman says Reds and Nats have discussed trade of Eugenio Suarez

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Jon Heyman says Reds and Nats have discussed trade of Eugenio Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The fact that they held onto him a year too long is not a glowing endorsement of the organization either. Slice it how you like. It was a fumble.
    There is nothing wrong with trying to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cueto trade was awful from the minute it was complete. I agree, the Reds haven't turned impact, established veterans into impact young players.

Too many "sell-mode" rumors for some of this not to be true. I don't think we'll see all of these guys traded, but it appears they're dead-set on moving at least one of Gray/Suarez/Castillo. Or at the very least standing pat without adding anything meaningful.

4. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-18-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Reds are pretty terrible at turning star players into young talent (cf. Johnny Cueto)
    The last 25 years has proven that.

Onward ho

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-18-2020),RedsBrick (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Move Moose to 3rd and get a real 2b and SS
    It's not the worst idea now that I'm thinking about it. Reds would have to get either Kieboom or Robles back though.

Moose to 3B, Kieboom SS, Senzel 2B and go sign JBJ with the savings. Or Robles in CF, Senzel 2B, Moose to 3B and sign a SS.

Back to embrace the suck. I now question myself to why I'm a Cincinnati fan for any sport. The Bengals suck and have sucked since sucking started sucking and now the Reds blew a great chance at a rebuild and went for it to turn around and suck for another 5 years. This city sucks. Sports sucks. Owners suck. This just SUCKS.

Let the kids play!

9. Likes:

malcontent (12-18-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020),RedsBrick (12-22-2020),TheBigLebowski (12-19-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I doubt the Nats have anything that should be worth it from the Reds perspective. They should only take a top 10 type prospect, not a guy whose lost his shine like Robles

That’s before you even get into the fact that it’s embarrassing for the Reds to be trying to trade Geno or Gray anyway.

11. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-18-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Kieboom and Robles would be enough for me to get behind that deal, I think. Kieboom would get first crack at SS, while Robles would play CF. Senzel would play 2B and Moustakas could move to 3B. (With India hot on his trail.)

It'd be a heckuva gamble, but I'd do it. I think.
    The Reds could use an earth-shattering Kieboom.

I don't think the Reds are horrible at trading young talent...

They horrible at developing young talent through their farm system. Which is 100 times worse.

14. Likes:

757690 (12-18-2020),Kinsm (12-18-2020),Revering4Blue (12-18-2020),Rojo Rijo (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I doubt the Nats have anything that should be worth it from the Reds perspective. They should only take a top 10 type prospect, not a guy whose lost his shine like Robles

That’s before you even get into the fact that it’s embarrassing for the Reds to be trying to trade Geno or Gray anyway.
    Exactly. They can easily afford these players so there should, in theory, be no serious pressure to move them for pennies on the dollar.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-18-2020)

I love Suarez, my favorite Red right now, but last year he looked like a 1B/DH playing 3B. Hopefully it was the injury and he just didn’t fully recover for the 2020 season. I think that’s a part of this. However, can’t imagine his value is as high as it was prior to 2020 season right now.

With that said: the reds problem isn’t that they traded their players for bad prospects, it’s that they wait too long to trade those players and don’t get a great return as a result.

Cueto was traded a year late.
    Iglesias was traded at least 2 years late.
    Frazier was traded a year late.
    Bruce was traded a year late.
    Chapman was traded a year late.

But, the same people complaining about the returns for those players would have absolutely been the ones complaining about the reds trading veterans too early, so damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I love Suarez, my favorite Red right now, but last year he looked like a 1B/DH playing 3B. Hopefully it was the injury and he just didn’t fully recover for the 2020 season. I think that’s a part of this. However, can’t imagine his value is as high as it was prior to 2020 season right now.

With that said: the reds problem isn’t that they traded their players for bad prospects, it’s that they wait too long to trade those players and don’t get a great return as a result.

Cueto was traded a year late.
    Iglesias was traded at least 2 years late.
    Frazier was traded a year late.
    Bruce was traded a year late.
    Chapman was traded a year late.

But, the same people complaining about the returns for those players would have absolutely been the ones complaining about the reds trading veterans too early, so damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    If the Reds showed serious acumen at trade-high scenarios, I’d be all in. They’re just bad all around. That’s sort of their problem. Can’t develop, can’t trade high, don’t do FA. It’s a tough spot.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-18-2020)

LOL we went ‘all in’ on one season and got knocked out in the wild card without scoring a run.

22. Likes:

foster15 (12-18-2020),REDREAD (12-19-2020),RedsBrick (12-22-2020),Roy Tucker (12-18-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think they’re in danger of losing this city if they’re already not willing to try again. If they thought the attendance was bad enough pre-2019 that it scared them into the Puig/LA trade, what do they think GABP will look like if they ditch their current core?

24. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2020),RedsBrick (12-22-2020)

I only trade if kieboom and cavalli are the return!! Suarez is on a very friendly contract!!

In my life as a reds fan I can’t really think of one trade where it was rumored before it happened. This sounds like the nats called about Suarez. Meh. Same with Sonny.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?